Amsterdam - May 4 2010 - Tour stop #2

The place where all the 2010 European (and US) Tour threads are now moved to. If it's not there, it's here ;)
stephv27
Half a shapely halibut

Re: Amsterdam - May 4 2010 - Tour stop #2

Postby stephv27 » Wed May 05, 2010 5:25 am

Red wrote:I'm already giddy about upcoming Tour Smackdowns and it's only been two days! :lol:
I was just thinking the same thing. :D
You'd have to be deaf to hear that.

ItsAllRyche
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby ItsAllRyche » Wed May 05, 2010 5:43 am

Oh my!!! I just got online, long day..

WOW!!!! the pics are amazing, :clap: and well, yeah, what everyone else already said!!!!

Happy for you gals, glad you met Indigo too cool!!
[img]Arj-Barker-Banner-arj-barker-230459_800_100[/img]

eorious
Consistently Mediocre

Postby eorious » Wed May 05, 2010 6:01 am

slut_angel22@yahoo wrote:
This would make a beautiful painting.

Cue cheesy photoshop effect:

Nah, I think that might have ruined it. :worry:

I must say, the abundance of stunning Bret pictures so far is almost enough to turn a staunch Jemainiac. :drool: :shock: :lol:

indigo_jones
That's Mrs. Indigo Jones-McKenzie to you

Postby indigo_jones » Wed May 05, 2010 8:35 am

For what it's worth, I think I'm the only one who saw Bret sneak out of the Melkweg last night. 8) :lol: That was good enough for me. I felt silly talking to Jemaine anyway, but I'm glad he did stick around long enough to take pictures with people and sign stuff. Really sweet of him.

The show was a lot different from the first night. They did some different songs and they definitely seemed more into it (although they still didn't do If You're Into It) and put on a "bigger" show in a sense. I won't say it was better than the first night; just different. I'm so glad I went to both. The first night seemed a bit more intimate in a sense. They chatted a bit more. Last night was a more full on show, especially with the costume change! Hysterical!

I took a ton of photos which I'll get uploaded to Flickr later today. Sadly, the microphone tended to be in the way of most of my Bret shots. I still got some good ones, though, hopefully. It was great meeting everyone and hanging out, and I also got to meet a few fellow expats I've been looking forward to meeting (including a woman here in Utrecht), so all in all, this whole experience has been fantastic. I'm kind of sad it's over. I was getting used to travelling to Amsterdam each night! :lol:
"It was a hilarious, hilarious moment in a very bleak, bleak time of my life."

Happiness is Bret-Shaped.

"The forecast for Jemaine today is clean-shaven with a chance of stubble. Scattered stubble throughout the week, resulting in a 60% chance of beard early next week." - mohumbhai mania

NatsuMeiyo
Lost but happy at sea

Postby NatsuMeiyo » Wed May 05, 2010 8:41 am

OMG! I'm so happy for you guys! Wow, you're soooo lucky :D :D :D :D Jemaine recognised you, SW! Dudette! *nowords*

I love the outfit change :P Now I knew I really should've bought tickets to both shows XD
They've got what I'd like to call they ey factor. That's when you see them, and you go, "ey!"

biscuit
Give me some scruff and a leather jacket...or just the scruff

Postby biscuit » Wed May 05, 2010 8:51 am

The glam costumes are killing me :lol:

I'm so happy that you got to see Jem, and I can't believe he recognized you SW! That has to be the coolest thing ever 8) And I love that you asked him if you scared him :lol: You didn't mention his reply though... :worry:

And of course I am a bit miffed about the lack of m&g with Bret :? I really do hope they're not ruling out m&gs in general for this tour :pray: (Although I would probably feel a bit silly talking to them as well.)
Thanks to Ariadne at RAC for my gorgeous new avi :-)

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Wed May 05, 2010 10:32 am

biscuit, his reply was a polite little chuckle. In retrospect I can't believe I was the first one to talk to him and that I just kind of grabbed him. I think I may have said "do you want a hug" and then grabbed him. We had to hug and unhug 3 times while nonch was taking photos and each time I grabbed him again I said "let's do it" or something to that effect. Jeesh, was I too aggressive? :doh: I said Hi Jemaine I'm Lori and he said I know you and I said you do? and he said Yeah, from America. He also told me to check the photo to make sure it was okay. Other than that I can't remember a lot right now. Now I regret not asking him if there are any NYC shows planned or whether he was still wearing his spandex under his clothes (he wore it for the lenght of the show) or whether his snot condition had improved from the previous night. I also regret not having time to have found him a Vicks inhaler coz those things are GOOD even if you're not sick. :P

So much more to talk about but I don't know where to begin and I can't type well on this mac so.....let me just say that I loved spending time with indy last night and I watched my vids of Sugalumps and Demon Woman about 10 times before I went to bed last night. They are AMAZING.

Over & out for now.
90% evil
ImageImage

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Wed May 05, 2010 1:53 pm

:D

Just keep basking.....I know it's getting redundant but it's true: I'm so happy for all of you. :) I'm looking forward to everyone's comprehensive recounts and seeing all of your videos, SW, and nonch and Indy's pics.

He was probably thinking "Yeah, you're the redhead from America I reply to on MySpace....." :lol:

Indy- was Bret all Ninja when he snuck out or was he casual about it? Image :D
Bummer about the microphone getting in the way....but I bet your pics are still :thumb:
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Wed May 05, 2010 2:29 pm

Epileptic Dogs & (Most of) I'm Not Crying:

ImageImage

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Wed May 05, 2010 2:32 pm

Demon Woman: (I wish it were closer! :D )

ImageImage

closet jemainiac

Postby closet jemainiac » Wed May 05, 2010 2:55 pm

Indy, Nonch, SW....Any pics of Nigel during Demon Woman? What was he wearing?

Faith
A pastry chef and a sniper

Postby Faith » Wed May 05, 2010 3:01 pm

CJ, I was about to ask that. I want to see some pics of Nigel too. So anybody?

closet jemainiac

Postby closet jemainiac » Wed May 05, 2010 3:08 pm

SheWolf wrote:biscuit, his reply was a polite little chuckle. In retrospect I can't believe I was the first one to talk to him and that I just kind of grabbed him. I think I may have said "do you want a hug" and then grabbed him. We had to hug and unhug 3 times while nonch was taking photos and each time I grabbed him again I said "let's do it" or something to that effect. Jeesh, was I too aggressive? :doh: I said Hi Jemaine I'm Lori and he said I know you and I said you do? and he said Yeah, from America. He also told me to check the photo to make sure it was okay.

Better to be a little assertive, than watch him walk away frozen where you stand...(I think I would be the frozen in my spot fan, not the assertive fan)

Besides, if you're assertive enough , then he doesnt have to do any of the work, so Im sure he appreciated it... :lol:

SO this seems like a dumb question, but I will ask anyway. :P Do alot of non Americans call our country "America"? I always think of us as the US or USA. Since realistically "America" is a pretty general term (North, Central, and South America).

At any rate, its totally cute and charming that J says "America". :heart:

biscuit
Give me some scruff and a leather jacket...or just the scruff

Postby biscuit » Wed May 05, 2010 3:40 pm

CJ: When I speak English I call it the US, but in Norwegian I do call it Amerika :nod: Come to think of it I would probably say America a lot of the time in English as well. :hrm: When I speak of America the continent I always call it South or North America. I guess calling it America comes quite natural because I also call you guys Americans, not USians :lol:

So there you have it, a messy not-quite-an-answer from a non-American :)
Thanks to Ariadne at RAC for my gorgeous new avi :-)

indigo_jones
That's Mrs. Indigo Jones-McKenzie to you

Postby indigo_jones » Wed May 05, 2010 3:56 pm

Yeah, America is the more common term. Ik kom uit Amerika. ;)

Nigel also stripped down to a lycra suit for Demon Woman. I think his was a tux-like lycra suit, to match his normal clothing, which was extra awesome. He seems to have a variety of smoking jackets and big bow ties in different colors. Lots of sartorial splendor going on with Nigel. 8)

I took a total of 176 photos and videos, many of which are blurry, so I haven't gotten around to picking and choosing which ones to post on Flickr. Plus, I haven't really had the energy to do all the tagging and such on Flickr. Soon, though. Promise!
"It was a hilarious, hilarious moment in a very bleak, bleak time of my life."

Happiness is Bret-Shaped.

"The forecast for Jemaine today is clean-shaven with a chance of stubble. Scattered stubble throughout the week, resulting in a 60% chance of beard early next week." - mohumbhai mania

Return to “2010 Tour Archives”