Birmingham - May 10 - Tour stop #6

The place where all the 2010 European (and US) Tour threads are now moved to. If it's not there, it's here ;)
Red
Getting lewd with the food

Re: May 10 Birmingham - Tour stop #6

Postby Red » Tue May 11, 2010 3:51 am

Clothing mullet! :roll2:

vmh
Crying tears of a rapper

Postby vmh » Tue May 11, 2010 3:52 am

LauraK wrote:It's like a clothing mullet: dressier (but not exactly business) on top and party down below. :lol:

That's the perfect way to describe that outfit.
James Bobin: “It’s like a five-year-old and a three-year-old. Jemaine’s the five-year-old, and Bret’s the three-year-old. They’re both wrong, but the five-year-old thinks he’s right.”

mockingbird
Thinks it's hot the way he looks left a lot

Postby mockingbird » Tue May 11, 2010 4:04 am

Laura - that description is perfect. :thumb: :lol: :nod:

ItsAllRyche
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby ItsAllRyche » Tue May 11, 2010 5:28 am

:thumb: excellent

Venus
She did indeed have the time of her life

Postby Venus » Tue May 11, 2010 10:01 am

Thanks to all who joined in all my squeeing and excitement last night on Twitter! Thanks Kelly for posting cos I was hoping the news would spread on here as I was unable to log in here last night. It was a truly unforgettable night and I loved every minute of it! The sound at the NIA was superb for such a large arena and the audience were generally well behaved. The whole show was hilarious, I loved the setlist and they even treated us a 2 hour long show. I did meet Bret, Jemaine and Eugene not too long after the show and of course, they were incredibly sweet! I'll post up a full account of my experience at the show and meet and greet and a few pics later on (didn't take that many pics but I'll put up a few decent ones). :)
For the latest Bret & Jemaine related news updates:
'Like' What The Folk! on Facebook
&
Follow What The Folk! on Twitter

Egbert Nobacon
Lost but happy at sea

Postby Egbert Nobacon » Tue May 11, 2010 10:36 am

I was at Birmingham last night and it was fabulous. At the very end of the show both Bret and Jemaine jumped down on to the arena floor, which was no mean feat as the stage was quite high. Once down there, they realised they couldn't get back up again and had to be given a leg-up by the stewards. In the scrambling, Jemaine's jeans came off to reveal his spangly pants once more, hence the checked shirt/spandex combo on the photo above. Ah, dreams do come true after all!

It is all a bit of a happy blur, actually. Did Jemaine really sing Business Time in his Dr Ronald Chevalier voice? It was alarmingly brilliant.

There was a meet and greet? Boo, I missed it! I couldn't work out where the stage door was, to be honest and my brother was keen to start our long drive home. Did you have to wait long? I did see Eugene getting lost in Birmingham city centre yesterday afternoon, but alas there was no Bret and Jemaine for me.

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Tue May 11, 2010 1:05 pm

Eggbert Nobacon wrote: Did Jemaine really sing Business Time in his Dr Ronald Chevalier voice?

:shock: :supz: Ohhhhh, I can't wait to hear this!!

Glad it was a wonderful show for you guys, and I can't wait for more details and pics! :hug:
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

The Talking Stove
Giving the paper to the people

Postby The Talking Stove » Tue May 11, 2010 1:23 pm

Twas a fantastic show :) Eugene was hilarious and two hours of Conchords was more than I'd expected. I was planning on waiting around to try and find the meet and greet but figured on at least an hours wait and the show didn't finish till 11pm...damn you, early morning start for work!

I felt sorry for Bret after seeming to rather hurt himself jumping down off the (high) stage, but it did lead to some unique lyrics to Sugar Lumps as he described his misfortune in song :)
Have you ever been told that you look like a llama?

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Tue May 11, 2010 1:36 pm

Sorry you couldn't stay, stove. Definite damning to the early morning work! :lol:

I can't wait to see the videos from this show.
ImageImage

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Tue May 11, 2010 1:59 pm

The Talking Stove wrote:
I felt sorry for Bret after seeming to rather hurt himself jumping down off the (high) stage, but it did lead to some unique lyrics to Sugar Lumps as he described his misfortune in song :)

Poor Bret! I was just watching the Sugalumps from Amsterdam, and after he threw SW her camera back, he almost tripped. I can relate to the clumsy...

*Don't hurt yourself, Bret!*
ImageImage

funny schipperke
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby funny schipperke » Tue May 11, 2010 2:00 pm

Egbert Nobacon wrote:I was at Birmingham last night and it was fabulous. At the very end of the show both Bret and Jemaine jumped down on to the arena floor, which was no mean feat as the stage was quite high. Once down there, they realised they couldn't get back up again and had to be given a leg-up by the stewards. In the scrambling, Jemaine's jeans came off to reveal his spangly pants once more, hence the checked shirt/spandex combo on the photo above. Ah, dreams do come true after all!

bwahahahaa :rolls: this sounds hilarious
I do hope someone got this on video! :pray:
Image Image

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Tue May 11, 2010 2:35 pm

Here's Albie, from afar. That is one big venue! [*Little Red!*] Loved the remix at the end...

ImageImage

Faith
A pastry chef and a sniper

Postby Faith » Tue May 11, 2010 3:19 pm

"Sorry, I thought I'd try that out at the end."

:rolls:

Egbert Nobacon
Lost but happy at sea

Postby Egbert Nobacon » Tue May 11, 2010 3:57 pm

LauraK wrote:
The Talking Stove wrote:

Poor Bret! I was just watching the Sugalumps from Amsterdam, and after he threw SW her camera back, he almost tripped. I can relate to the clumsy...

*Don't hurt yourself, Bret!*

Bret did seem to land quite heavily, but at least he just about managed to stay upright! The stage was about two metres high - I was really rather surprised when they both decided to jump off. They looked so vulnerable down at the front of the arena as the audience really was very large and it was obvious that they wouldn't be able to get back on the stage without help. Aw!

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Tue May 11, 2010 4:14 pm

They should bring out a ladder for any stage-jumping...:lol:
ImageImage

Return to “2010 Tour Archives”