Manchester - May 11 - Tour stop #7

The place where all the 2010 European (and US) Tour threads are now moved to. If it's not there, it's here ;)
kellysouthpaw

Re: May 11 - Manchester - Tour stop #7

Postby kellysouthpaw » Wed May 12, 2010 1:34 am

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

NO NO!!

SERIOUSLY!??!? Outerzone? That makes no sense!

BUT - nevertheless, that's awesome kipples! 1/2 of the lyric problem solved! :yay: :clap: :prayer:

Even though it's not what I thought.

Now I have something to talk to him about at Vegas/LA if there's a m&g. "Outerzone? SERIOUSLY!? What's it even MEAN, man!?"

Now all we need is corn vs call!
Last edited by kellysouthpaw on Wed May 12, 2010 1:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Wed May 12, 2010 1:43 am

kipples!!! :whitey: :supz: :clap: :D :partyman:

So happy for you!! It sounds like you saved best for last, eh? :D

rachel- Yay for you as well!! :whitey: :supz: :clap: :D :partyman:

More stuff will keep coming to you and you just keep telling us. :) We love to hear it all.

Sounds like your meetings with the guys were just A+ and I can't wait to see the pics!

:clap:

See Kelly? It doesn't have to make sense.

It is corn.

:)
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

Venus
She did indeed have the time of her life

Postby Venus » Wed May 12, 2010 1:46 am

:yay: Excellent accounts, kipples and rachel! That's so cool that you got to meet them before and after the gig. And wow "outerzone"! Thanks so much for asking! Yep, next up someone needs to settle the corn vs call debate. :P
For the latest Bret & Jemaine related news updates:
'Like' What The Folk! on Facebook
&
Follow What The Folk! on Twitter

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Wed May 12, 2010 1:47 am

Ok, I may have been wrong about DJz Girlfriend, but I am NOT wrong about the corn/call.

It's call ;)

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Wed May 12, 2010 1:51 am

corn

Wow...kipples and rachel sure got their accounts up quickly, hmmm? :D
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

DaMango
Stop touching the monkeys

Postby DaMango » Wed May 12, 2010 1:51 am

Thank you for asking Bret about the lyric, Kipples! While the answer doesn't make any sense, it's nice to have it. :lol:

Red
Getting lewd with the food

Postby Red » Wed May 12, 2010 2:26 am

M&G!!
5_11_I_am_heather.jpg

5_11_iamheather.jpg

Source: http://twitter.com/I_am_Heather

mockingbird
Thinks it's hot the way he looks left a lot

Postby mockingbird » Wed May 12, 2010 3:09 am

Yay!! :thumb:

funny schipperke
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby funny schipperke » Wed May 12, 2010 3:21 am

Yay Kipples!! :yay:
and Yay Rachel!! :yay:
How exciting!... I'm so glad you decided to go to the show, Kips... it sounds like it was amazing! :D
Image Image

bibliaddict
Consistently Mediocre

Postby bibliaddict » Wed May 12, 2010 4:16 am

I sooooo love Bret in that hat!
Spandex Inspector #12

trefusis
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby trefusis » Wed May 12, 2010 10:50 am

This is awesome, fantastic and wonderful. I'm so glad that it was such a great night - with M&G as well! :yay:

Not jealous, oh no.
That's the conclusion that I've come to, but...

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Wed May 12, 2010 1:35 pm

Jemaine shaved. :(
90% evil
ImageImage

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Wed May 12, 2010 1:37 pm

Manchester's poster by the lovely Silent Giants is now up for purchase! Make sure to select the UK as where you live when it asks where you are in the world or it won't show you the right merch. The Birmingham poster with the music notes is sold out and I have a feeling this might be close behind so if you want one, snag one fast :thumb:
Last edited by kellysouthpaw on Wed May 12, 2010 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kipples

Postby kipples » Wed May 12, 2010 1:42 pm

Just said goodbye to Rachel at the trainstation. What a most excellent day-and-a-bit we had together.

Ok, I'm going to try and recall some more highlights (I'll just write them as they come to me):

Some guy, who I can only assume was drunk and sitting right at the back, had shouted out so unbelivably loud "JEMAINE YER SEXY BA****D", which Jemaine gave some funny enough remark to. A bit later the guy shouted something else that I can't recall, and again the guys turned it into something funny. A third time was too much and Jemaine told him to shut up. I couldn't clap my hands fast enough in agreement. He didn't shout again after.

While telling one of their "classic stories" Jemaine told Bret to tell the story about the groupie and the fish! Bret didn't want to saying it was digusting. Jemaine started half-heartedly telling it, purposefully mumbling his words and saying things just away from the mic eg, "...and then..with a spoon....is that a fish....her....gina..."!!

Jemaine did a small rendition of Bret, you got it going on! Very soulful!

During the M&G I hung back as I had gotten the pics with both guys but as the crowd began to dwindle I thought I'd try get Jemaine to sign my Folk the World sleeve. When he saw me he said "It's you again"! I was like "yeah the Crazy Horses girl"! So he recognized me! ME!! Little me from little Galway in little Ireland!

When the M&G was getting to the last few people I chose that as my chance to ask Bret the DJZ girlfriend question. There was a guy in front of me that I had seen going up twice already. When he got to Bret, bret refused (in the nicest way of course) to sign what he wanted saying he had already signed something and had to give others a chance. Not exactly a highlight but something to note.
But could you imagine having a celebrity refuse you like that? Yer man will probably never listen to his music again. I just want to point out I'm totally on Brets side on this.

At the very end there was a standing ovation (spelling? no spell checker on this comp!), which there should always be, and Bret came out and took a quick photo of us.

They've finally mastered the costume change it seemed. Quite seemless now.

Sugalumps was brilliant. Bret was down in the front row. He grabbed a guys crutch and rubbed it on his crotch! Then he grabbed a woman in a wheelchair and pushed her back and forth a couple of times!

Oh and Albi!! What a funny-ass song when it's sung in a mancunian/liverpuddlian accent. And I made sure I shouted out "YUM" to the apparent amusement of the people around me (at least I hope they were amused?!)

The security was a lot tighter than Dublin and we were told that if we used our cameras we would have them taken off us. There was no way I was risking that so I didn't take a single one. I was very selfish this time. Plus I got to enjoy the whole show without worrying about the shot!

kipples

Postby kipples » Wed May 12, 2010 1:56 pm

Oh yeah! The kareoke song; Jemaine pretended to go off for a sleep and Bret sang the song. They had a new video of the guys in the background. Bret sang it in Korean with the same subtitles used in the episode behind him. They weren't sure if it went down to well. I loved it!

Return to “2010 Tour Archives”