Manchester - May 12 - Tour stop #8

The place where all the 2010 European (and US) Tour threads are now moved to. If it's not there, it's here ;)
Sherry
Professional Blonde

Manchester - May 12 - Tour stop #8

Postby Sherry » Wed May 12, 2010 5:18 pm

Please post about the third Manchester gig in this thread. Only 'post gig' related conversation here please :)

Please ensure you have read the Gig section rules (and if you've not done so already, the general forum rules) before posting.

Save your real lusting/swooning for the Brettylicious Flytour & Jemaliscious Business hours are definately not over threads and keep these actual gig threads more discussion based and less lustful (if that is even remotely possible :roll: :lol: ).

WTF! CHAT ROOM - Click here to enter - Feel free to join us for a chat, a bit of a laugh and a catch up before, during & after the gig. :)

To kick start it, here is the tour poster from the May 12 Manchester gig. By Spike Press

ItsAllRyche
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Re: May 12 - Manchester - Tour stop #8

Postby ItsAllRyche » Thu May 13, 2010 2:38 am

second night I am unable to connect... :roll:

Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby Nancy » Thu May 13, 2010 2:49 am

Oh no, Ryche. Hope things get sorted out.
Oh, fish-like Lady
Lady-like Fish
I don't think so Bro, she's a Lady, Lady, Lady, Lady
No, no, she's a fish that's just a little bit
La-dy-ish! Yeah!

DaMango
Stop touching the monkeys

Postby DaMango » Thu May 13, 2010 5:26 am

So... did this gig even happen? LOL! Hopefully someone will report something tomorrow. ;)

Red
Getting lewd with the food

Postby Red » Thu May 13, 2010 5:39 am

Yes this show did happen. No photos yet though. :waiting: Come on, Brits, priorities in order. Post pics first. Sleep second. Sheesh!

Here's a lovely twitter highlight reel all from Robots_

bret getting hurt feelings wrong. jemaine loling at bret for getting it wrong... then jemaine got it wrong. oh boys :')

the official renaming of manchester to 'steve'. have to say it's more appealing than 'manky'... jemaine. >:|

spangly catsuits. i don't think i need elaborate more here.

nigel the new zealand symphony orchestra. really adds something to the sound imo. is also hairy and adorable.

the groupie with a goldfish up her arse

when matt the soundman moves away from his post, bangy noises happen. STAY THERE, MATT THE SOUNDMAN!

mobile phones.not an appropriate means of communication for whales. also bret = best whale impressionist of all time. OF ALL TIME.

:lol:

mockingbird
Thinks it's hot the way he looks left a lot

Postby mockingbird » Thu May 13, 2010 5:52 am

Red I :heart: your avatar. :lol: :prayer:

Red

Postby Red » Thu May 13, 2010 5:57 am

Thanks! :D I keep thinking I'm going to keep one for a while and they never last more than a couple of weeks. I'm going to try to hold on to this one for a while though.

flofan23
New arrival

Postby flofan23 » Thu May 13, 2010 9:13 am

I went last night, it was amazing! Couldn't believe how close we were to the stage! I only got two pictures because I was scared of being killed by the security men ha, plus I was really into the show!

Here's what they played, in NO order at all:
Too Many Dicks (was the opener)
Epileptic Dogs
I'm Not Crying
Hurt Feelings
Hiphopopotamus vs Rhymenocerous
Motha'uckas
Boom!
Think About It
Bowie
Robots (complete with an Arnold Schwarzenegger[?] impression from Jemaine)
Demon Woman
Bus Driver's Song
The Most Beautiful Girl In The Room
Business Time
Wooing a Lady
Jenny
Carol Brown
and the last song was We're Both in Love with a Sexy Lady leading into Sugalumps!

They also played a new song Jemaine said they'd wrote that day, I can only assume it was called Back On The Road given the amount of times that phrase was repeated hahah.

EDIT: Other stuff that happened...
- they told stories about crazytimes on tour, one about them being late for practice and being stuck in a lift, but the best one was about complimentary muffins in hotel rooms. Jemaine looked like he had the giggles hahah
- in Hurt Feelings, at the "have you ever been asked if your hair is a wig" bit, Bret messed up and Jemaine laughed but second time round he messed up haha. & I can't remember if it was then but Bret was like "shut the flip up, Manchester"
- Before Think About It, they were talking about some of the issues they care about, one being whales. Bret said that he chucked some mobile phones out into the sea from an aeroplane for the whales to use in emergencies, which led to them re-enacting a phone call (Bret's whale impression was ridiculously good!) Then Jemaine went off on a tangent; how their flippers are too big to use a phone, and where whales ears are, plus he somehow got on to rabbits and how their ears are too high up to listen and talk at the same time haha

I'm sure there's more, so I'll post if it comes back to me!
Oh and I'm unsure as to whether there was a m&g or not, I was gutted I couldn't wait around but I was lucky to have a lift home in the first place so I didn't wanna push time too much!

Venus
She did indeed have the time of her life

Postby Venus » Thu May 13, 2010 1:14 pm

Thanks so much for your recap, flofan! Ooh you guys are lucky to have had Boom, Carol Brown and the new song they had written that day on the setlist. :lol: From what I've read it seems as though there wasn't a M&G last night. I'm glad you had an amazing time! :thumb:
For the latest Bret & Jemaine related news updates:
'Like' What The Folk! on Facebook
&
Follow What The Folk! on Twitter

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Thu May 13, 2010 1:20 pm

:lol: :clap: Thanks for the great account, flofan! It sounds like another excellent show! :supz:
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

Faith
A pastry chef and a sniper

Postby Faith » Thu May 13, 2010 2:42 pm

I saw this on Twitter and thought it was funny:

Who else has seen Flight of the Conchords live and then craved an Suzuki Omnichord as a result?

Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby Nancy » Thu May 13, 2010 5:38 pm

Thanks for your account of the show, flofan. Glad you had a great seat! :thumb:
Oh, fish-like Lady

Lady-like Fish

I don't think so Bro, she's a Lady, Lady, Lady, Lady

No, no, she's a fish that's just a little bit

La-dy-ish! Yeah!

Red

Postby Red » Fri May 14, 2010 5:29 am

flofan23
New arrival

Postby flofan23 » Fri May 14, 2010 3:38 pm

The security were wicked strict so I only got two photos, plus my camera isn't that good:

I also got a video of Demon Woman by accident, didn't realise I was recording haha: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=suXwMyinYNM

SuzyBatt
Lucky for me I have a short attention sp ....

Postby SuzyBatt » Fri May 14, 2010 6:21 pm

Ooh, nice finds Red.

Thanks for the report, and the pics flofan. I'll have to check out your video later.

Is it just me or is Matt REALLY channeling Jemaine. Isn't that his deep V in the pic above??!?

Return to “2010 Tour Archives”