Glasgow - May 15 - Tour stop #10

The place where all the 2010 European (and US) Tour threads are now moved to. If it's not there, it's here ;)
JWalkerman
New arrival

Re: May 15 - Glasgow - Tour stop #10

Postby JWalkerman » Sun May 16, 2010 3:58 pm

Thanks for all of the comments. I like all of you as well; a lot of like in the room.

I probably will continue to post here, yes. I joined for a short period of time about a year ago, but I can't even remember my username. It was probably really cool, though.
I like Flight of the Conchords, so I think I pretty much stand out from the crowd here.

Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby Nancy » Sun May 16, 2010 5:41 pm

J, welcome back, and thanks for all your posts and tweets. I think Sherry would be able to find you through your e-mail address, unless that's changed. :hrm:
Oh, fish-like Lady
Lady-like Fish
I don't think so Bro, she's a Lady, Lady, Lady, Lady
No, no, she's a fish that's just a little bit
La-dy-ish! Yeah!

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Sun May 16, 2010 5:42 pm

JWalkerman wrote:I've bragged about it on Facebook; much classier.
I met my heroes, so it was a very good night. Today's been a total let-down so far; no Jemaine & no shortbread eating Bret. Such a disappointment.
I joined for a short period of time about a year ago, but I can't even remember my username. It was probably really cool, though.

It probably was! :D

I'll thank Jemaine and Bret for inspiring you to write as well....you've obviously got the knack for it. :) Look forward to seeing (and reading) you around more on the board. :welcome:

Love that fanpic, Venus. I doubt they could look happier or more impressed! :D
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

JWalkerman
New arrival

Postby JWalkerman » Sun May 16, 2010 5:58 pm

Nancy wrote:J, welcome back, and thanks for all your posts and tweets. I think Sherry would be able to find you through your e-mail address, unless that's changed. :hrm:

Oh no, it's fine. I'd prefer to have this account anyway. Thank you though :)

And thanks Laura. Very nice of you to say so.
I like Flight of the Conchords, so I think I pretty much stand out from the crowd here.

Red
Getting lewd with the food

Postby Red » Sun May 16, 2010 7:10 pm

Thanks for sharing, J!

Venus, what a great picture. Those are three lucky, extremely happy ladies!

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Sun May 16, 2010 7:15 pm

< -- also a fan of James :nod:

Welcome! Thanks for your review! I really enjoyed it :D

JWalkerman
New arrival

Postby JWalkerman » Sun May 16, 2010 7:25 pm

kellysouthpaw wrote:< -- also a fan of James :nod:

Welcome! Thanks for your review! I really enjoyed it :D

Thanks! I can review tonight's gig in London if you want? I'm not going, but I could still give it a try.

nonchalant obsession
WTF!'s Biggest Blasphemer. Apparently.

Postby nonchalant obsession » Sun May 16, 2010 8:43 pm

JWalkerman, you keep making me giggle. :purple:

Ara, I can't wait to see your pictures! :D Oh, and what a DELICIOUS avatar! :thumb:

Welcome to both of you! :wave: Great show/meet and greet recaps, thanks!

I MUST see kilt photo's!!!! :waiting:
Image..Image..Image

Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby Nancy » Sun May 16, 2010 11:46 pm

Yes, tell us, what song did they don the kilts for?
Oh, fish-like Lady

Lady-like Fish

La-dy-ish! Yeah!

Ara
New arrival

Postby Ara » Mon May 17, 2010 6:32 pm

Aw, thank you guys! I’m glad you all enjoyed my big rambling review! And thank you nonchalant obsession, I just found the avatar on LJ, which reminds me, I need to put the credit in my signature. I was taking too long to find one I liked of both of the guys, so I just went for the very cute Bret one, in honour of his shortbread giving/guitar drawing generosity. :D

I can’t remember which song the kilts were put on for, gah... I just remember it was after ‘Bowie’, and the sparkly suits. I wish I had kilt photos! Hopefully someone else does!

I do remember some other favourite bits though:

- Jemaine going, at the beginning, while talking about touring: “Each place is special... but then it all blends in together, a bit.”
- The muffin/room service stories, I wish I’d captured more than the audio on video because their expressions were just hilarious throughout! Especially them miming calling up room service at 4:30am.
- Jemaine struggling to button back on his jeans, and interjecting every so often to go: “This is taking a while...” ... “Almost done now...”
- When they were talking about the difference between their fictional selves and their real selves, and Jemaine was ‘switching in and out’:
B: “You’re out... and... back in!”
J: “No”
B: “Oh”
J: “Yes, I was back in, but my character’s a liar.”
- And then Bret talking about coming up with his character: “I think ‘what would I do?’ and then I do that. My character is just a millisecond slower than me, as that process continues going on.” :D
- Bret requesting medieval lighting for ‘To Woo A Lady’ (they got this really bright green light) then going uncertainly: “... Does that look medieval?”
- When Bret was getting ready to do his Korean song, he said to whoever was manning the background music/video: “Hit it,”.... nothing happened, Jemaine then went: “I like the terminology you used there.” Bret: “... Are you guys with me?” Jemaine: “It’s a musical term, guys, it means ‘get it going!’, ‘run the video!’.”

I could upload my versions of the songs/banter to Youtube, but I’m holding back, hoping it’s all uploaded from the 15th in better quality, because all I have is ceiling-video, and it’s a bit muffled in places, and of course, it’d be better if you could actually see them xD If no one else uploads better quality snippets from the night I’ll upload mine, but hopefully someone else will, because mine are kind of lame!

Anyway, fuzzy picture time! I look bloody awful in both of them, and they're fuzzy because of the rushing-to-take-before-the-battery-runs-out thing :lol:

But fuzzy photos are better than nothing and I'm glad my camera held out for them!

I'm still in a happy daze from it all, and the shortbread is still there. I’ve had the ‘You Don’t Love Me Anymore’/’Wooing’ songs going around in my head all. day. long. :D They’re so brilliant.
{icon by fainiel_sims @ LJ}

Red
Getting lewd with the food

Postby Red » Mon May 17, 2010 7:02 pm

Fuzzy or not you and the guys all look lovely, Ara! I'm so glad you got to meet them. Thanks so much for sharing with us!

Ara
New arrival

Postby Ara » Mon May 17, 2010 7:06 pm

Gosh, so am I! I can't believe I was almost too shy/worried to try and find the back stage, I'm glad I pushed myself to do it, because there really was nothing to be worried about, they were so lovely :)
{icon by fainiel_sims @ LJ}

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Mon May 17, 2010 8:39 pm

Aren't they?? We try to tell everyone who hasn't met them and are nervous how relaxed they are and in turn make you.....but we all have to find out for ourselves, eh? :D

I hope 1 day all of us can compare out m&g stories and pics!

Yours turned out great! I love their expressions and you look so happy! :)
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby Nancy » Mon May 17, 2010 9:00 pm

Ara, I'm sitting here laughing at your account of the snippets from the show! :rolls: Some of those are priceless - I loved the "switching in and out" bit! :thumb:

You look so happy in your pics. I'm so glad you got to meet them! :whitey:
Oh, fish-like Lady

Lady-like Fish

La-dy-ish! Yeah!

JWalkerman
New arrival

Postby JWalkerman » Wed May 19, 2010 7:57 pm

Even though this is very small, I just remembered something that really made me laugh before the guys took to the stage.

I was sat on the left of the stage, so could see the occasional roadie moving stuff to the far right of the stage. This included the odd glimpse of Bret & Jemaine. After seeing Jemaine standing in the wings for a while, a lot of us decided to wave and after Jemaine waved back, he, in a very funny way, leapt out of view as if he was worried he'd been spotted by some of us (he obviously had, as he was waving back before.)

AND just so it's 50/50, Bret waved back as well. Everyone went away, 'wave happy!'

(I did say it was a very small thing.)

Return to “2010 Tour Archives”