London Apollo - May 17 - Tour stop #12

The place where all the 2010 European (and US) Tour threads are now moved to. If it's not there, it's here ;)
kipples
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Re: May 17 - London Apollo - Tour stop #12

Postby kipples » Tue May 18, 2010 1:26 am

Oh man those pics are all kinds of wonderful!

Red
Getting lewd with the food

Postby Red » Tue May 18, 2010 1:30 am

Aw Rachel, he remembered you!! :yay: I love him!

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Tue May 18, 2010 1:30 am

Ooooo, Rachel!! I'm all grinny right now for you!! :biggrin:

Is that the first we've seen that red blazer of Bret? Finally, something new for Smackdown 2010...

Excellent pics!!
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

Red

Postby Red » Tue May 18, 2010 1:47 am

Rock gods! :rock:

Credit: Catstress

Red

Postby Red » Tue May 18, 2010 1:53 am

Credit: Catstress

closet jemainiac

Postby closet jemainiac » Tue May 18, 2010 1:55 am

the second one... :shock: :drool:

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Tue May 18, 2010 2:00 am

Yissssssssss

Red

Postby Red » Tue May 18, 2010 2:03 am

Soon, Kelly. Soon!

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Tue May 18, 2010 2:06 am

At first I was kind of indifferent about whether or not there was a meet and greet at the US shows, because I was so happy just to be in attendance to the shows, but now I am really starting to get my heart set on it even though I shouldn't :?
Last edited by kellysouthpaw on Tue May 18, 2010 2:09 am, edited 2 times in total.

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Tue May 18, 2010 2:06 am

:D
That jawline.....that scruff.... :snakeman:
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

DaMango
Stop touching the monkeys

Postby DaMango » Tue May 18, 2010 2:10 am

Dang, he sure grows hair awfully fast! :lol:

Glad to hear there was a meet'n'greet. Great pics!

Amanda
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby Amanda » Tue May 18, 2010 2:15 am

Mmm..if he doesn't shave i think he'll be PERFECT for saturday :D or maybe he should shave tonight so it'll be good throughout the weekend and monday :hrm: :lol:
But if you did I'd hold you tight / Into every single night
And we'd fall asleep together / And we'd wake up in the sunlight
Well, maybe I'm a dreamer / But maybe one day you'll see / That dreams are...

SuzyBatt
Lucky for me I have a short attention sp ....

Postby SuzyBatt » Tue May 18, 2010 2:37 am

Moving some pics posted here, and hopefully some convo too, into the Jemaliscious thread. Only because I don't see appropriately :snakeman: pics of Bret here.
Come on ladies, take the initiative. You know you want to! :twisted:

Oh yeah, and YAY for M&G's and Rachel having her uke signed, and played!!! :whitey: (and that he remembered you :thud: )

rachel
Half a shapely halibut

Postby rachel » Tue May 18, 2010 3:15 am

EDIT: Just read through my post and my English is pretty bad (no one would think it's my first language) so apologies.

Red wrote:Image

Oh my, hello.

Just gotten in and I'm going to try and remember all the bits and bobs from the show.

I thought Arj was a great opener and watching him trying to dodge all the equipment that was on the stage was pretty damn funny and he did trip a few times.

They didn't mess up in any of the songs (noticable mess ups) which really surprised me (hang on, that may come across as rude, what I mean is that at the other show they did in a few songs and that was only a few days ago) and it was nice being able to hear all the songs but the mess ups made the show seem more hap-hazard which I also liked in the other shows. I can't quite believe I'm nearly moaning because they knew their songs. I'm tired.
We got Inner city pressure, hiphoppotamus and Epileptic dogs which I hadn't heard :supz:

The crowd were well behaved, they shouted out requests and at one point Jemaine told everyone to shut up but then someone shouted "Foux Da Fa Fa" and he went "oh actually, that's a good choice" and started playing it. So there were no nasty hecklers.

When Nigel got announced onto the stage there were a few wolf whistles, and Jemaine couldn't remember what they were called, he said cat and dog whistles before remembering it was wolf, which led them into a discussion of why it's called Wolf Whistles when wolf's don't whistle so they asked Matt to go and google it and after they played "Jenny" he came on with a piece of paper but as Bret was reading it he realised it was just a description of how to wolf whistle with no reason for it until he got to the last few words which read "and it's used to call wolf's".

I had two favourite lines from the show, they may have been mentioned in other ones but I didn't remember them. Before "Think About it" when they were talking about famine, Jemaine came up with the line "yeah, it's like Ethiopia in my stomach".
And when they were talking about the acid trips before "Bowie" he came up with another great line: "don't take too much acid though otherwise you'll get fingered by tyrannosaurus rex" :lol:

That's pretty much all I can remember from the show. (Also it was a very up and down crowd, can adults not cope without beer/toilet for hour and a half?)

Now for the meet and greet:

We'd been waiting for nearly 2 hours so I was pretty much convinced they weren't going to come out. It didn't bother me as I met them already and they were busy with friends, I just wanted to know if I should get the last tube or taxi to the station.

Arj popped out with his glass of wine and said he really wasn't sure when they were going to come out as there were a lot of old friends there. He then decided he was going to hang with us until they came out as we were more interesting and it was like an awkward work party inside as it was a "well lit room", he also said he was wanting to get back to the hotel and sleep as he was still slightly jetlagged. Everyone was just taking photos of him and he was just possing for them by himself, so we wondered over and asked for a photo:

Other people got things signed and photos taken and he asked me about my ukulele, so I asked him to sign it which he was worried about as he didn't want to mess it up (no pressure!)

The taxi that went in about half hour before, then came out with the crew in it and drove straight past Arj whilst he was trying to wave it down and get in it (I think he may have thought it was guys leaving him with us). He then found another car and jumped in it after waving to us all and saying he really wasn't sure if the guys were in the previous taxi or not.

A few minutes after he left they just walked out from behind the security gates, people went over to Jemaine so I headed for Nigel and got my uke out and he then started to tune it and play a song (I recognised but couldn't say what it was) which made Jemaine shout out "start singing as well Nigel". Bret then walked over to us and noticed my jumper and asked me where I got it from and if they were still selling them so he could get one himself :lol: . He then started singing along but Nigel couldn't remember the tune so he handed it to Bret and he started playing it but couldn't quite remember and then Nigel remembered and started naming the chords (it was a mini lesson for me).
I just stood in the middle of them laughing and watching them play together. I then started thinking "this is beyond awesome, but I do need to get my last trian in half hour and it's slightly across from town" so in the video I do start going "erm can you sign it please" but Bret just carried on playing.
He eventually signed it and looked confused at Arj's sig and had to ask who's it was. I then walked over to Jemaine who was chatting to someone so when he was free I asked him to sign it and he said "oh hey, you've got another great jumper on I see" (in Manchester he kept saying he really liked my jumper, so I'm taking that as him remembering me :wink: )

Once he signed it, I realised Nigel hadn't so I went back over to him which led to him playing it some more and saying that he really liked this uke and it was very nice to play.

I then ran to a taxi and managed to get my last train home, phew!

It was such a fun way to end my last show (stupid exams getting in the way), I'm just slightly sad they played a shorter set, but after hearing about how many peole they had backstage, I don't blame them.
Last edited by rachel on Tue May 18, 2010 3:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
@_raychul

Venus
She did indeed have the time of her life

Postby Venus » Tue May 18, 2010 3:26 am

OMG Catstress' photos! :prayer: :prayer:

:whitey: Tonight was amazing! The set was shorter but what they did play was brilliant. I'm so glad I got to hear 'Inner City Pressure' live. :D

I'll post more details tomorrow but rachel has done a great job of recapping the evening already. I also liked it when Arj was talking about seeing Jude Law run past him and said something along the lines of "No homo but he's so dreamy!" :lol:

Bret told me that there wasn't going to be a live tour DVD.

I took a video of Nigel and Bret playing rachel's uke! I'll upload it shortly. :)
For the latest Bret & Jemaine related news updates:
'Like' What The Folk! on Facebook
&
Follow What The Folk! on Twitter

Return to “2010 Tour Archives”