Bergen, Norway - May 20 - Tour stop #14

The place where all the 2010 European (and US) Tour threads are now moved to. If it's not there, it's here ;)
Sherry
Professional Blonde

Bergen, Norway - May 20 - Tour stop #14

Postby Sherry » Thu May 20, 2010 11:22 am

Please post about the Bergen gig in this thread. Only 'post gig' related conversation here please :)

Please ensure you have read the Gig section rules (and if you've not done so already, the general forum rules) before posting.

Save your real lusting/swooning for the Brettylicious Flytour & Jemaliscious Business hours are definately not over threads and keep these actual gig threads more discussion based and less lustful (if that is even remotely possible :roll: :lol: ).

WTF! CHAT ROOM - Click here to enter - Feel free to join us for a chat, a bit of a laugh and a catch up before, during & after the gig. :) Everyone welcome, lurkers, non registered people and forum members alike :)

To kick start it, here is the tour poster from the May 20 Bergen gig. By Dave Perillo

LauraK
Boom King!

Re: Bergen, Norway - May 20 - Tour stop #14

Postby LauraK » Thu May 20, 2010 10:45 pm

It's 11:45 pm Bergen time.....I have my fingers crossed that a M&G is occurring. :) Can't wait to hear all about the show....

Here's a tweet:

73pctGeek~ Flight of the Conchords live FTW! @fotc You guys were awesome, hope you'll be back in Bergen soon #fotc

:D
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Thu May 20, 2010 10:49 pm

Another tweet: (There are a fair few in Norwegian.....and they all sound favorable, lol.)

MajaPiraja~ The Flight of the Conchords were fantastic. My throat is sore from cheering so much! <3 :D @johncolsen @trooksis
ImageImage

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Thu May 20, 2010 11:07 pm

There seems to be a trend at these shows of people having some sort of pain related to laughing, smiling or cheering. Wimps.
90% evil
ImageImage

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Thu May 20, 2010 11:17 pm

:lol: :twisted:
ImageImage

biscuit
Give me some scruff and a leather jacket...or just the scruff

Postby biscuit » Thu May 20, 2010 11:59 pm

Was the show any good? Was there an m&g?

My answer would have to be....

Heaven, I'm in heaven
And my heart beats so that I can hardly speak.
And I seem to find the happiness I seek,
When we're out together posing cheek to cheek.

Or...affirmative!

:whitey: :love: :heart:

Zebra echos my sentiments :wink:

It was so funny but I am not hurting anywhere because I'm not like a complete wimp 8) I adored the new songs, especially "Woo a lady" !! :lol: And they crashed and burned on the whale issue. Norway isn't really the best place to talk about not killing whales. Bret saved it by doing some awesome impressions though. :roll2:

We were waiting outside for a m&g after and Arj was basically there already. I'd bought the poster so had him sign it. Waited ages in the cold (about an hour) for the guys to come out. When they did Bret walked straight over to me (eeeeeee) and said hi and I had him sign my Stana bag. He had a chuckle when I told him it was Stana :) Then Zeb took our picture. I didn't even have to ask him for he hug he just pulled me in. OMG! I thought I was a bit over the fan girl thing but I am soooo smitten :love: :thud: I could wax poetic about that guy all night :heart: And you were all right when you said I wouldn't be nervous. He was such a sweet guy!

Then I had Jem sign the bag. I told him it was Stana and he laughed and said "Oh. I didn't recognise him." He saw my poster and asked me if I wanted tat signed as well :halo: And I had my pic taken with him as well :heart: Zebra was standing quite close when she took the pic so I was afraid it wouldn't turn out very good. Told Jem he was quite tall and he said "well, thank you" :lol:

Then I realised I hadn't had Bret sign the poster so I waited a bit in line and asked him if he'd mind signing it. Of course he didn't, and he asked my name. I said Linda and he spelled it out to be sure he got it right :) I know have a poster saying "Linda, you've got it going on. Bret MCKenzie" I'll never wash it (but lets be fair I probably wouldn't have anyway) :lol:

What a night!!!! :woohoo:

The only real downer for me, and you, is that I seem to have left my camera cable at home which means I won't be able to show you any of my wonderful photos until Monday :P
Thanks to Ariadne at RAC for my gorgeous new avi :-)

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Fri May 21, 2010 12:13 am

!!!! YIS !!!

Jem is a strapping lad ain't he? You could have said "I like your height" just to be clever. That was one of the gazillion lines I wanted to use on him but forgot.
90% evil
ImageImage

DangerMouse
Consistently Mediocre

Postby DangerMouse » Fri May 21, 2010 12:25 am

Just wanted to tell Biscuit -> :macarena: :macarena: :macarena:
...if anyone needs me I will be in my office doing madlibs...

Amanda
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby Amanda » Fri May 21, 2010 12:40 am

:yay: :woohoo: :cheer: :nana: :yay: :hug:

I'm soooo happy for you, girls!! Biscuit that is AWESOME!! I'm packing for my Conchordstastic weekend in Skandinavia and i thought i couldn't be any more excited.. but you just made me go over the roof excited! :whitey:

..so, you say it was cold? ..define what cold means for a norwegian person (used to -30 in winter) :doomed: :nails: :sign_help:
But if you did I'd hold you tight / Into every single night
And we'd fall asleep together / And we'd wake up in the sunlight
Well, maybe I'm a dreamer / But maybe one day you'll see / That dreams are...

nonchalant obsession
WTF!'s Biggest Blasphemer. Apparently.

Postby nonchalant obsession » Fri May 21, 2010 12:49 am

BISCUIT!!!! :biggrin: YES, YES, YES!!!!!!

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
Image..Image..Image

nonchalant obsession
WTF!'s Biggest Blasphemer. Apparently.

Postby nonchalant obsession » Fri May 21, 2010 12:50 am

Did you or Zebra bring along your uke?
Image..Image..Image

vmh
Crying tears of a rapper

Postby vmh » Fri May 21, 2010 12:56 am

Wooooooo, go biscuit! :boogie:
James Bobin: “It’s like a five-year-old and a three-year-old. Jemaine’s the five-year-old, and Bret’s the three-year-old. They’re both wrong, but the five-year-old thinks he’s right.”

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Fri May 21, 2010 12:58 am

Amanda, the weather forecast for Oslo, Norway for tomorrow is 19 C and sunny and an overnight low of 8 C.

biscuit
Give me some scruff and a leather jacket...or just the scruff

Postby biscuit » Fri May 21, 2010 1:11 am

Amanda: It was probably 10-12 degrees but it felt really chilly after being inside the warm concert hall :wink: I sort of envy you now. I'd do it again any day :D

And yes, Nonch, YES! *punches the air* Everything you said about nerves and m&gs and Bret. Yes, yes, yes!!! *grins like demented person* (I do think NZ snagged the 1st place back from Wales just then :wink: )

I also figured out how to get the photos on to my lap top without the cable. Will resize before posting :)
Thanks to Ariadne at RAC for my gorgeous new avi :-)

Amanda
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby Amanda » Fri May 21, 2010 1:13 am

kellysouthpaw wrote:Amanda, the weather forecast for Oslo, Norway for tomorrow is 19 C and sunny and an overnight low of 8 C.

:hug: Thank you, love!

..off to re-pack :'( sniff sniff
But if you did I'd hold you tight / Into every single night
And we'd fall asleep together / And we'd wake up in the sunlight
Well, maybe I'm a dreamer / But maybe one day you'll see / That dreams are...

Return to “2010 Tour Archives”