London Wembley Arena - May 25 - Tour stop #18

The place where all the 2010 European (and US) Tour threads are now moved to. If it's not there, it's here ;)
Venus
She did indeed have the time of her life

Re: London Wembley Arena - May 25 - Tour stop #18

Postby Venus » Wed May 26, 2010 2:16 am

Aww, I'm sorry there was no M&G. As I said before, I couldn't stay for long cos I needed to take the last train home but I did hang around for a little while to talk to a few people and there was such a great atmosphere amongst fans (with people playing FOTC songs out loud on their iPods, the security making free cups of tea for everyone and JM13's boyfriend giving out packets of crisps ;) ).

It was an absolute pleasure meeting you Whambi, Dot, JM13 & boyfriend. I hope Fliss and Mareesa read this and join the forum soon cos it was great talking to both of you as well. And as always it was great hanging out with you again, minilea and rachel. :)
For the latest Bret & Jemaine related news updates:
'Like' What The Folk! on Facebook
&
Follow What The Folk! on Twitter

JM13
Lost but happy at sea

Postby JM13 » Wed May 26, 2010 2:43 am

It was lovely meeting you too Venus, Dot, Rachael and all the other fans there.
A little bit gutted there was no M&G but the show was amazing.
So happy i heard Boom, prince of partys and Albi. All of the songs were brilliant as usual.
So embarrassed about the guys trying to get me up to them and then calling out for Security.
But if i look back it is very funny! :D

I just hope this is not it, the end. I hope they do come back here and tour.
I'm very tired now and i'm finally feeling warm :)

rachel
Half a shapely halibut

Postby rachel » Wed May 26, 2010 3:00 am

I agree with Venus, the atmosphere was great after the show and lots of new people to meet. I think I love the security guard, making us all tea and coffee and then making sure everyone could get to where they needed by calling taxis.
Just watched my sugalumps vid and you're on it jm13, it's not great picture quality until they were infront of us but there were some great lines during it.
@_raychul

Venus

Postby Venus » Wed May 26, 2010 3:08 am

During Sugalumps:
They even took a photo of that security guy's sugalumps. :lol:

When Bret knocked the barriers over for you, JM13 :lol:

Jemaine ended up ripping his jeans off during the song. It was hardly done up properly in the first place anyway. :lol:
&

Amanda
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby Amanda » Wed May 26, 2010 3:19 am

Venus wrote:Jemaine ended up ripping his jeans off during the song. It was hardly done up properly in the first place anyway. :lol:

whaat?! :o :thud:

Excellent pictures, btw :clap:
But if you did I'd hold you tight / Into every single night
And we'd fall asleep together / And we'd wake up in the sunlight
Well, maybe I'm a dreamer / But maybe one day you'll see / That dreams are...

Venus

Postby Venus » Wed May 26, 2010 3:28 am

Oh I mean those tear away trousers that they take off just before Demon Woman. Jemaine put them back on again for the encore but they weren't done up properly and were coming off so he tore them off again during Sugalumps. :)
&

Venus

Postby Venus » Wed May 26, 2010 3:45 am

Cross posting from the Flytour and Jemaliscious thread. A few pics I took tonight:
Larger version
Larger version
Larger version
Larger version
Larger version
&

Venus

Postby Venus » Wed May 26, 2010 3:55 am

Oh and Jemaine and I shared a moment towards the beginning of the show. They were talking about how they talk professionally and how sometimes they banter with the crowd. So to give an example of how they banter with the audience, Jemaine looked directly at me and said "Oh, you look like a girl". :lol: He also looked right at me during Sugalumps as he walking slowly past right in front of us & looking at a few of us in the front row. Right before I took this pic:
&

Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby Nancy » Wed May 26, 2010 4:31 am

I just love Bret's flashy, glitzy black rocker pants...with white sneakers. That's so adorable! :thumb:
Oh, fish-like Lady
Lady-like Fish
I don't think so Bro, she's a Lady, Lady, Lady, Lady
No, no, she's a fish that's just a little bit
La-dy-ish! Yeah!

rachel
Half a shapely halibut

Postby rachel » Wed May 26, 2010 10:40 am

Everything was taken with my phone so picture quality isn't great but the sound isn't too bad:

Here's sugalumps, JM13 appears at about 2 mins and then they're up close to us from 2.40 onwards. I tried to zoom in on their sugalumps but quickly decided against it as it went to blurry:

I did like it when the guy who's camera they took memory was full so Jemaine said "yeah that's how big our sugalumps are, they're like handbags". I'm sure I hadn't heard the handbags comparison before.

I only took a couple of pics and they're not worth posting but this one is of Jemaine attempting to put his guitar strap over his scarf which resulted in his glasses flying across the stage:
@_raychul

Dot
Lost but happy at sea

Postby Dot » Wed May 26, 2010 11:56 am

Nancy wrote:Oh Dot, I'm sorry you didn't get to meet them, but seeing their wonderful live show must have been amazing.
I know how you feel - last year after hearing about all the wonderful m&gs before NYC and Boston, I went to three shows in a row, and there was not one m&g after any of them. :roll:

Yeah, although it was annoying not being able to meet them, I loved the show so much and am just really grateful they even added on this date as otherwise I might not of ended up seeing them because of exams. Also it was lovely meeting all the other WTFers and other fans and getting free tea from the lovely security man.

JM13
Lost but happy at sea

Postby JM13 » Wed May 26, 2010 12:57 pm

Thanks Venus fot the pictures and Rachael for the sugarlumps video.
I'm glad you don't actually see me on it a lot, so that was good but it is very funny :D

It really was a great show and i hope we will all get too meet up again soon :)

rachel
Half a shapely halibut

Postby rachel » Wed May 26, 2010 4:02 pm

Here's my rushed write up of the show:

It hink this was the setlist but not in right order/may have missed some out:

Too Many Dicks
Most Beautiful Girl
Business Time
Hurt Feelings
Jenny
Prince of Parties
Robots
Hiphopapotamus
Think about it
Bus Driver song
Boom
Inner city pressure
Epileptic dogs
On the Road
Albi
Bowie
Demon Woman

Encore:
sexy lady
Sugalumps

they played for about 2 hours 15, which was amazing and I'm so glad to hear On the Road, Boom and Prince of Parties.

Jemaine ended up rocking out a bit on his omnichord for a while after Bret had finished singing Too Many Dicks which led Bret just to stare at him.
Jemaine complained that his chair hadn't been taped down and was too spiny (which led him to spin around and then get caught up in his wire so had to spin the other way to de-tangle) but then his chair wasn't spiny enough once Matt had taped it so he couldn't reach his instruments.
Bret forgot to sing the intro to Robots (think it was Robots) so they stopped and decided to tell the elevator story instead which led to a few "SONG" shouts from the crowd so Bret cut the story short slightly.
He then also forgot a couple of his bits from hiphopapotamus.
Someone shouted out "prince of parties" and they explained that they had tried it recently but couldn't remember the chords to a bit of it and they couldn't just miss out half the song, but they played it anyway and you could definitely tell the bit they weren't sure about :lol:
Epileptic dogs sort of fell apart, no one was sure what they were meant to be doing and I have no idea what Jemaine was trying to get the back half to sing. I think Nigel's side was the loudest and best (unbiased opinion there :wink: )
There was a lot of Nigel love in the room with a very loud "I love you Nigel" which resulted in Jemaine asking for Nigel's mics to be turned off.
Jemaine's tongue action during Demon Women :prayer:

Just re-watching sugalumps, I don't how JM13 coped with Jemaine saying to her: "come on don't be shy, nothing bad will happen" in his deep voice.

I was expecting the crowd to be pretty lively as a large amount seemed to have spent a lot of time outside in the sun drinking, but they were pretty quiet especially around us.

but overall, I thought it was a brilliant show and loved being front row, definitely worth ignoring exams for
@_raychul

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Wed May 26, 2010 4:38 pm

Sounds like it was a great show...JM! How exciting and funny! I love how long they had to entice you over there, and Bret knocking over the barriers...:lol:
"Security...what's going on here...she broke the barrier...." :lol:

Then when Bret jumped back up onstage- what happened? Did he try to stand and fell over? It's out of camera range but I love how it cracked him up and he threw his head back and laughed so big! :heart: "It's a little bit higher than I thought it was..." :rolls: "Can I get a massage for after the show, please...?"

Thanks so much for that video, Rachel and your recap! :thumb: I could tell how distracted you became when he took off the tear-away pants...you couldn't wait to zoom, lol!

And is that the furthest back Bret's gone on top of the seats? I thought he was going down for sure.....

Venus- excellent pics again! :love:
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

closet jemainiac

Postby closet jemainiac » Wed May 26, 2010 4:49 pm

rachel wrote:Just re-watching sugalumps, I don't how JM13 coped with Jemaine saying to her: "come on don't be shy, nothing bad will happen" in his deep voice.

uhhh yeah...I might have run up and jumped on him if he said that to me (well at least Id want to :lol: )

"dont be shy...dont be shy..." :shock: :lol:

Return to “2010 Tour Archives”