Berkeley, Ca - May 28 - Tour Stop #19

The place where all the 2010 European (and US) Tour threads are now moved to. If it's not there, it's here ;)
eorious
Consistently Mediocre

Re: Berkeley, Ca - May 28 - Tour Stop #19

Postby eorious » Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:51 am

vmh wrote:
eorious wrote:but I'm not sure of the status of her photos.... (she had a memory card snafu) :(

Ahhh...noooooooo! But you have pictures from the show in Berkeley, right? I should have brought my camera. :(

Sadly, none of my pictures from the Berkeley show itself turned out, they're all very very blurry because my camera can't figure out how to focus when the flash is turned off. Fortunately, I realized this very soon and switched to video for the rest of the show. I got 5 or 6 full songs plus banter on video, I just need to figure out how to cut up the videos into individual songs and maybe clean up the audio a bit since it's a little tinny. And then I got the M&G pics afterwards, but they're mostly of 4ever with the guys. :(

vmh
Crying tears of a rapper

Postby vmh » Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:13 am

4everconchordsfan wrote: V, I wish that you weren't so sad. :( my heart aches for you. We'll give Jemaine hugs & get our hug pics next time. They will be back, keep the faith. They will. Don't know how soon but they will. How can they resist our group of lovely laydeez?!

:hug: Thanks for the talk today. It helped.

I'm going to stop being such a crybaby and just be thankful that I got to go to 3 shows this year and had a brief encounter with Jemaine at the Spirit Awards. Especially since some people haven't even met him yet or gone to any of their shows. Faith, you need to join us next time! You haven't seen them live yet, have you? You're coming next time. No buts!
James Bobin: “It’s like a five-year-old and a three-year-old. Jemaine’s the five-year-old, and Bret’s the three-year-old. They’re both wrong, but the five-year-old thinks he’s right.”

vmh
Crying tears of a rapper

Postby vmh » Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:21 am

I forgot to mention that we spotted Nigel outside taking pictures before the show started. No one seemed to recognize him. I waved at 4ever and pointed him out. I then got up and went to the restroom. It just so happened that he happened to be taking photos around the area where the restrooms were. 4ever doesn't seem to believe me. I wasn't following Nigel. I went to the restroom. Honestly! :halo:

We saw him later after the show while waiting for Jemaine to come out. Some of the fans tried to call him over. One of the girls yelled out, "Nigel!" I think he looked over but he didn't head our way. They then proceeded to say, "We like you Nigel! We think you're talented!" He still didn't come over. I think we scared him.
Last edited by vmh on Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
James Bobin: “It’s like a five-year-old and a three-year-old. Jemaine’s the five-year-old, and Bret’s the three-year-old. They’re both wrong, but the five-year-old thinks he’s right.”

4everconchordsfan
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby 4everconchordsfan » Sun Jun 06, 2010 4:27 pm

Yes, Nigel was walking all through the venue, in & around the audience shooting pics as best he could given the crowds. Only the true fans noticed.

My pictures are sooo blurry cos he was all the way on the other side of the venue. Will post them though.

we always talk shoes, notice Nigels clogs....

Last edited by 4everconchordsfan on Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

vmh
Crying tears of a rapper

Postby vmh » Sun Jun 06, 2010 4:44 pm

Pictures from the meet and greet:

Credit: Amily
Credit: chrissycubana
Last edited by vmh on Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

funny schipperke

Postby funny schipperke » Sun Jun 06, 2010 4:47 pm

Ugh... I would've been SO mad at Eugene if I'd been there that night :x
Image Image

mockingbird
Thinks it's hot the way he looks left a lot

Postby mockingbird » Sun Jun 06, 2010 4:58 pm

I'm actually kind of mad at Eugene for that and I wasn't even there.

Hey vmh I don't want to drag up emotions you're working on getting over ;) but I just wanted to tell you I am right there with you. :hug:

vmh
Crying tears of a rapper

Postby vmh » Sun Jun 06, 2010 5:03 pm

If it wasn't Eugene, it would have been someone else there dragging him away from us. I'm not mad at Eugene. Okay, maybe a little. But I'm just saying he would have left anyway. He had a flight to catch.

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Sun Jun 06, 2010 5:26 pm

Eugene is a bastard girl. :hrmpf:

:P
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Sun Jun 06, 2010 5:46 pm

Oh! I forgot to say: 4ever! Those pics of Nigel are terrific- who cares if they're a bit grainy? :thumb: I'm sure he and the guys'll have fun checking out the size and scope of the place from different perspectives. :D
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

vmh
Crying tears of a rapper

Postby vmh » Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:19 pm

I'm getting over it.

Besides, I'm sure there are bigger meanies...in Russia! :P
Last edited by vmh on Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:23 pm

It's probably because the guys are too nice to say no to a fan who wants to meet them and so SOMEONE had to become the "bad guy" of sorts to keep them from missing flights but still :tsk: they're big boys who know how to read a watch and take care of themselves...

Also, :rolls: @ the Russian joke, v! Nice ;)

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:16 pm

^ ditto to all of this, SW I have wondered the same thing. :nod:

Venus
She did indeed have the time of her life

Postby Venus » Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:30 pm

Thanks so much for sharing your pics, eorious and 4ever. :) Thanks for the video clips as well, 4ever.

Aww, vmh! :goodman: It's totally understandable for you to be disappointed but yes, try your best to focus on all the amazing times you've had seeing the boys live and meeting Jemaine during last year's tour and at the Spirit Awards. I really hope you all have much better luck next time round because you all deserve it. :hug:

4ever, I'm so sorry to hear about your memory card. I really hope you can recover those pictures somehow. :hug:
For the latest Bret & Jemaine related news updates:
'Like' What The Folk! on Facebook
&
Follow What The Folk! on Twitter

4everconchordsfan

Postby 4everconchordsfan » Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:24 pm

LauraK, how can we resist Nigel pics right? I'm so sure that you're right about the guys looking back at those photos and trying to get some perspective. The crowds at the Greek & Hollywood Bowl were amazing.

Nigel is sooo cute. Such a gentle & sweet man. That night after the show several of us lined up to see him while everyone else made a beeline to the merchandise table. Even after people joined the line for Nigel (getting in behind me), I just kept going to the end of the line so that I would have a chance to talk to him. We were interrupted several times within the few minutes that we had to talk. I waited my turn :shock: others ever so rudely jumped right in & started talking over me. Geez. Still I tried to hold some ground & he could see that I was trying. So I asked for the photo and he said sure and I made one try at pointing the camera on us & he kinda told me I was doing it wrong. *me giggling* Yeah, I was verklempt. He told me that I need to go higher & then he said "I will do it for you". Well at that point nobody was around really so it was rather nice to have one of his arms around me, and his face snugly pressed against mine *gorgeous curly waves of hair* and then he pointed & shot off the photo and then looked at it. We talked for a few minutes. I told him how gorgeous he sounded and that I love WIUO and was learning the uke. Then we were interrupted. He thanked me. It was wonderful. I can't help crushing on Nigel. He is just such a nice person & so easy on the eyes.
Last edited by 4everconchordsfan on Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:21 am, edited 12 times in total.

Return to “2010 Tour Archives”