Berkeley, Ca - May 28 - Tour Stop #19

The place where all the 2010 European (and US) Tour threads are now moved to. If it's not there, it's here ;)
Cliff23
New arrival

Re: Berkeley, Ca - May 28 - Tour Stop #19

Postby Cliff23 » Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:38 pm

Hi everyone. It was a great show. I was sitting right behind the sound engineer. it was great because nothing was blocking my view and i had a lot of leg space. I have some photos and videos that i will try to post later tonight. I asked the sound engineer for the set list and he gave me the paper. I will post what the had planned to play. I will give a more detailed story later. Such an awesome show.

Venus
She did indeed have the time of her life

Postby Venus » Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:27 am

Hi Cliff23! Glad to hear you had a great time! I look forward to reading your more detailed account with pics and videos soon. :)
For the latest Bret & Jemaine related news updates:
'Like' What The Folk! on Facebook
&
Follow What The Folk! on Twitter

Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby Nancy » Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:33 am

Yay Cliff! :yay: The sound engineer comes through again! :clap:
Oh, fish-like Lady
Lady-like Fish
I don't think so Bro, she's a Lady, Lady, Lady, Lady
No, no, she's a fish that's just a little bit
La-dy-ish! Yeah!

eorious
Consistently Mediocre

Postby eorious » Sat Jun 05, 2010 8:43 am

I have a few pics from the Berkeley meet and greet to share. :D

Me and Bret (sans me, of course):
All I remember about this is that Bret felt velvety. :nod:

Jemaine surrounded by the "paparazzi" :lol: :

Eugene in the process of shuffling Jemaine away from us :cry: (what a meanie!):

There are a few more of Bret and Jemaine, but I'll leave it up to 4ever if she wants to share since she's in all of them, lol. :D

vmh
Crying tears of a rapper

Postby vmh » Sat Jun 05, 2010 2:46 pm

Please send me the photos of Bret & me before you post them. I'm cropping myself out. Thanks! 4ever has to post her picture of her and Nigel. It's too cute. 4ever got one with Jemaine too, lucky girl!
Last edited by vmh on Sat Jun 05, 2010 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
James Bobin: “It’s like a five-year-old and a three-year-old. Jemaine’s the five-year-old, and Bret’s the three-year-old. They’re both wrong, but the five-year-old thinks he’s right.”

nonchalant obsession
WTF!'s Biggest Blasphemer. Apparently.

Postby nonchalant obsession » Sat Jun 05, 2010 2:52 pm

Cliff23: I look forward to your pics and videos. It sounds like you had the perfect spot to capture images. 8)

eorious: :shock: :thud: Bret....uhhhmmm....so flipping perfect....so flipping THERE. :| So...what part of Bret felt velvety? :lol: Jemaine, so smiley! :D You guys, I'm so happy that they took time/had time to meet & greet you. *heavy sigh*

Oh 4ever, I would love to see your photos! I can't wait to see your photos! I must see your photos! :shock:
Image..Image..Image

vmh
Crying tears of a rapper

Postby vmh » Sat Jun 05, 2010 2:56 pm

Are the new sock monkey puppet photos available on the internet yet? That girl got a few of them.
James Bobin: “It’s like a five-year-old and a three-year-old. Jemaine’s the five-year-old, and Bret’s the three-year-old. They’re both wrong, but the five-year-old thinks he’s right.”

nonchalant obsession
WTF!'s Biggest Blasphemer. Apparently.

Postby nonchalant obsession » Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:08 pm

That's Hellomyfriend! :D I got to meet her (she's lovely and so very sweet) and hold the sock monkey in LA. :hug: C'mon girl! Share those pics! 8)
Image..Image..Image

vmh
Crying tears of a rapper

Postby vmh » Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:37 pm

Sooo, just to clear up a few things since a certain someone exaggerated my story. I sent a late night text that said:
"Eugene is acting like Jemaine's jealous girlfriend and won't let us have a piece of Jem's tasty tastyness."
Or something like that. Rumors were then spread that I said Jemaine was being a jerk or a "bulldog???" I don't even know what that means. :lol: Noooonch!

After the show, 4ever, eorious, and I were trying to figure out where they might come out if they did at all. We took a walk around the campus and found a parking lot with security attendants nearby and saw camera flashes in the distance. Upon approaching, we discovered that Bret was already out there chatting and signing stuff for fans. All the Flighties were already there. He was being rushed by the tour manager so he didn't stick around for much more than 5 minutes after we found him. But before he left, I looked at him and asked if we could get a quick photo. He was really nice about it. I had my hand on his shoulder for several seconds, Nonch! But nothing. I felt nothing, other than his shoulder. Yep, now I know for sure. I'm 100% Jemainiac. I knew I didn't have a lot of time. I could have asked him about the corn vs. call debate or when they would tour next. But instead, I wasted time asking him this: "Are you guys (him & Jemaine) coming out after the shows in Vegas or Hollywood?" He asked me if we were going to the show in LA and I replied, "Oh, we're going to all the shows!" He seemed amused at the idea of our little road trip and before he left he said that he'll see us there and then he smiled at us and said, "You guys are so nice!"

To be continued.
Last edited by vmh on Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

vmh
Crying tears of a rapper

Postby vmh » Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:48 pm

After Bret took off, I heard from another fan that they were expecting Jemaine to come out because one of the girls there made him a painting. So we waited. And we talked. And we took sock monkey puppet photos. And then finally, Lord Tasty Tastyness walked out. As he was walking out, the girl that had the painting for him yelled out, "YES!" My thoughts exactly. hellomyfriend got to him after that and asked if he could call Eugene over, explaining that he was just standing over there and she wanted to talk to him. And then she realized what she said and told Jemaine, "Oh, I want to talk to you too but Eugene...he's just standing there!" :lol: So Jemaine called Eugene over for her. It went a little something like this:

Jemaine: Eugene! Eugeeene! Eugene, Eugene, Eugene, Eugene!!!! Eugene?
...Eugene!

Eugene came over and told everyone that Jemaine had a flight to catch and that he didn't have a lot of time. Jemaine was out there for a few minutes and Eugene kept saying that he had time for a few more photos but after that, they had to go. When Eugene grabbed Jemaine's arm and told him it was time to leave, Jemaine cried out, "Nooooo!" Aw, Jemaine! :hug: Most of the fans got to say hi and get a photo with him before he left. 4ever was the lone WTFer with a Jemaine photo that night. I just wanted a hug but left that night empty handed. :cry: Note to self: Learn to be slightly more aggressive when surrounded by 20 other Jemainiacs.
Last edited by vmh on Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:49 pm

I luv the sweater and the shirt J was wearing under it in some of the M&G photos. Huzzah!!
90% evil
ImageImage

mockingbird
Thinks it's hot the way he looks left a lot

Postby mockingbird » Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:58 pm

Your story warms my heart, vmh. :heart: I'm sorry you didn't get a hug from the J-Dog.

vmh
Crying tears of a rapper

Postby vmh » Sat Jun 05, 2010 4:02 pm

I'm so sorry that none of us got a hug from the J-Dog. Except for SheWolf. If I learned anything from the last two tours it is: go to the first few shows!

mockingbird
Thinks it's hot the way he looks left a lot

Postby mockingbird » Sat Jun 05, 2010 4:11 pm

The guys owe us hugs. Well, at least until they become more confident. :waggle: :lol: I think they need to go on a Huggy Tour and visit each of our cities and hug us, lol. It's the least they can do.

eorious
Consistently Mediocre

Postby eorious » Sat Jun 05, 2010 4:41 pm

vmh wrote:Please send me the photos of Bret & me before you post them. I'm cropping myself out. Thanks! 4ever has to post her picture of her and Nigel. It's too cute. 4ever got one with Jemaine too, lucky girl!

Hey V, I don't actually have any photos of you with Bret. I tried to take one but 4ever walked in front of my camera so pretty much all I got was the back of her head, lol. I think that she may have taken one of the two of you, but I'm not sure of the status of her photos.... (she had a memory card snafu) :(

Return to “2010 Tour Archives”