Berkeley, Ca - May 28 - Tour Stop #19

The place where all the 2010 European (and US) Tour threads are now moved to. If it's not there, it's here ;)
Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Re: Berkeley, Ca - May 28 - Tour Stop #19

Postby Nancy » Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:30 pm

Aww, 4ever, neat Nigel story!

Venus
She did indeed have the time of her life

Postby Venus » Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:30 pm

I love the pics you took of Nigel too, 4ever! :D

Aww, that's such a cute account of your encounter with him! I'm sorry you were interrupted though. I totally agree about how sweet (and easy on the eyes ;) ) he is. I'm so glad I also had the opportunity to talk to him for a while after one of the shows I went to. He was incredibly easy to talk to and came across as a genuinely nice guy. :)

4everconchordsfan
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby 4everconchordsfan » Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:47 pm

Venus & Nancy, thank you. You are always such sweethearts. I've worked on the memory card most of the day yesterday & then again today. I think those pics are lost. It breaks my heart. Many of the girls saw the pic of Bret & I, he did that papparazzi pose and it was really funny. Then I had two other smile pics with Bret. Those were lost and my pic with Nigel that I just loved seems to be lost. I will keep trying. Maybe I will get lucky. The pics that were recovered from Berkeley were all pixelated. I am working on some of the LA & Vegas ones but the quality of the recovered pics is'nt very good.

I had 3 of the most perfect nights with Jemaine, Bret & Nigel. That's what I will remember & it is etched in my memory.

Just before Jemaine was whisked away I just really quickly jumped in next to Jemaine & said hi loved the show & the new songs, may I have a pic? We posed and before I knew it he was gone. It went as fast as I just told it in those 2 sentences. If I had not literally jumped right in when that opportunity came in that split second I would not have had a pic with him. I sure wish that I had gotten to say a few words to him. I did have a couple questions in mind. Just didnt have time. So grateful to have said hello & gotten a pic. I'm not complaining. I am so sorry that he didn't get to everyone. I am positive that he wanted to, he never leaves until he has given everyone a chance to meet him, he is a true gentleman. Fact is that as the van that he & Bret was in pulled away (Hollywood Bowl) he opened the van door & apologized to us for not being able to stay. What a sweetie.
Last edited by 4everconchordsfan on Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:40 pm, edited 10 times in total.

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:08 am

4everconchordsfan wrote: Jemaine seemed just as taken back as we were.
Did he? Awww

4everconchordsfan wrote: I am positive that he wanted to, he never leaves until he has given everyone a turn.
Very true. If there is a meety greety happening I've seen both Jemaine and Bret definitely stick around and make sure everyone is accounted for.

Faith
A pastry chef and a sniper

Postby Faith » Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:15 am

vmh wrote: Faith, you need to join us next time! You haven't seen them live yet, have you? You're coming next time. No buts!

Nope, have never seen them live. So I'm definitely hoping there is another tour sometime in the future. I want to see them at least once. I'm so jealous of everybody since it seems like everyone has been to a show but me.

closet jemainiac

Postby closet jemainiac » Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:25 am

Eugene is a funny guy :P

(I somehow didnt have the option to delete this, so this is my solution :) )
Last edited by closet jemainiac on Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:35 am

I dunno. Come to think of it you may be right. :hrm:

I saw Eugene perform recently in NJ & I didn't get the impression that he was inappropriate about anything. I must admit that in Vegas I liked his snarky remarks about the city. I don't think they went over too well but I appreciated it. :twisted:

4everconchordsfan

Postby 4everconchordsfan » Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:02 am

More Berkeley vids.

There was a security guard very near me & I was under the 'watch'. There were times that I couldn't record picture. I did record the audio though.

Here's an audio clip that is pretty good quality, it's the muffin story & full version of 'If That's What You're Into'.

I love hearing the guys do Elvis. Makes me laugh every time.

Also an audio clip with some banter, at one point they are talking about this big bug that was circling around Jemaine's head. Then there is 'band talk' about a snafu with Nigel's chello. Jemaine is free stylin' on the guitar & then Matt figures out that Nigel is unplugged.

Last edited by 4everconchordsfan on Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

chickenkarma
Lost but happy at sea

Postby chickenkarma » Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:27 am

I understand the feeling of not being able to meet the guys, but if they had to go they were going to go regardless

I've grown into a big fan of Eugene's. I met him in the parking lot of the greek theater in LA last year as he was leaving the afterparty and he was sweet enough to take a picture with me.

4everconchordsfan

Postby 4everconchordsfan » Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:39 am

An audio clip of 'You Don't Love Me Anymore', Berkeley.

4everconchordsfan

Postby 4everconchordsfan » Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:35 pm

Here is the audio of 'Woo A Lady'.

and a cute clip of Epileptic Dogs, it's too bad that I didn't get the entire song but Im posting it anyway because Jemaine's dancing in the remix is HOT!

4everconchordsfan

Postby 4everconchordsfan » Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:42 pm

Audio only of Jenny, entire song.

katie1030
Giving the paper to the people

Postby katie1030 » Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:16 pm

Thank you for the audio clips, 4ever! They're all really great quality.

4everconchordsfan

Postby 4everconchordsfan » Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:03 pm

katie1030 wrote:Thank you for the audio clips, 4ever! They're all really great quality.

You're welcome. :D Ive got more, hope to get them up tonight.

Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby Nancy » Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:58 pm

Thanks so much for those, V! :thumb:

Chickenkarma, good to hear from you again. :wave:
Oh, fish-like Lady
Lady-like Fish
I don't think so Bro, she's a Lady, Lady, Lady, Lady
No, no, she's a fish that's just a little bit
La-dy-ish! Yeah!

Return to “2010 Tour Archives”