Las Vegas - May 29- Tour stop #20

The place where all the 2010 European (and US) Tour threads are now moved to. If it's not there, it's here ;)
deliriumtree
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Re: Las Vegas - May 29- Tour stop #20

Postby deliriumtree » Sun May 30, 2010 5:17 pm

Oh man! I'm so sorry to hear all that Kelly. That's some overzealous security! I'm sort of glad I didn't go now although would love to meet so many of you. That crap with the security would have made me a nervous though. :o

Good vibes for a meet and greet for the last show and may the security be apathetic and lackadaisical about cameras! :D
"Hey Ya'll, I'm destroying your city!" And the Bret and Jemaine angels looked on in approval.

Venus
She did indeed have the time of her life

Postby Venus » Sun May 30, 2010 6:04 pm

Oh no, I'm sorry to hear about the security people over there. I really hope that isn't a problem tonight. So happy to hear the actual show was amazing! :yay:

Ooh, I can't wait to read about Ryche's story! :D

Sending you all M&G vibes after tonight's show! :pray:
For the latest Bret & Jemaine related news updates:
'Like' What The Folk! on Facebook
&
Follow What The Folk! on Twitter

Faith
A pastry chef and a sniper

Postby Faith » Sun May 30, 2010 9:02 pm

deliriumtree wrote:
Good vibes for a meet and greet for the last show and may the security be apathetic and lackadaisical about cameras! :D

Ditto that! :D

Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby Nancy » Mon May 31, 2010 2:42 am

So glad you saw a great show (but what else do they do? :wink: ), but sorry no m&g. Good thoughts for tonight - you must be there now!
Oh, fish-like Lady
Lady-like Fish
I don't think so Bro, she's a Lady, Lady, Lady, Lady
No, no, she's a fish that's just a little bit
La-dy-ish! Yeah!

SuzyBatt
Lucky for me I have a short attention sp ....

Postby SuzyBatt » Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:12 am

The set list was about the same as the one posted in the for the Hollywood Bowl show. No Boom, or On the Road, but they did do Bus Driver (:yay:).

I wasa quite gold but only one row back and what an amazing view I had (J side :waggle: ). The show was fantastic but unfortunately the crowd was not. And ditto what's been said about security.

One of the highlights - Bret's taunt-and-call-security joke finally backfired on him. When he reached for a girl (while he was standing in front of her) she totally leaped up and jumped him. He even lost his balance and was pinned against the stage as she practically lay on top of him! :roll2: Jemaine was on the stage and thought it was hilarious while looking ever so slightly concerned. They really did need security!! Then he ran to the side seats, which were TOTALLY EMPTY and started humping a seat, saying "There are normally more people at our shows." Memorable!

mockingbird
Thinks it's hot the way he looks left a lot

Postby mockingbird » Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:17 am

I'm working on a bunch of pics right now, I'll post them on the respective swoon threads soon. ;)

It was so wonderful to meet all you lovely laydeez. :hug: :heart: I had a blast, even though we didn't get a meet and greet, a fact that continues to break my heart. :(

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:58 am

Aww mock it was so great to meet you too! You're such a blast! No meet and greet is tough, but maybe Bret and Jemaine feel guilty enough after seeing our puppy dog eyes to make another stop sometime :D

What songs did you and SW record in LA? I got Demon Woman, Sugalumps, Bowie, Epileptic Dogs (with remix) and Too Many Dicks/Rock the Party.

mockingbird
Thinks it's hot the way he looks left a lot

Postby mockingbird » Tue Jun 01, 2010 5:17 am

I didn't record any songs, I just took pics. My memory card is really too small for video, it eats it up too quickly. I figured other people had that covered. ;) I'm so glad you got Epileptic Dogs with the remix, lol. :thumb: I think SW was trying to record it but it got cut off. I'm not sure what else she has... I'm afraid some of her audio may be marred by the sound of me yelling. :oops: I didn't realize she was trying to record and she was too polite to tell me to shut the %&*# up, lol.

Venus

Postby Venus » Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:42 pm

SuzyBatt wrote:The set list was about the same as the one posted in the for the Hollywood Bowl show. No Boom, or On the Road, but they did do Bus Driver (:yay:).

I wasa quite gold but only one row back and what an amazing view I had (J side :waggle: ). The show was fantastic but unfortunately the crowd was not. And ditto what's been said about security.

One of the highlights - Bret's taunt-and-call-security joke finally backfired on him. When he reached for a girl (while he was standing in front of her) she totally leaped up and jumped him. He even lost his balance and was pinned against the stage as she practically lay on top of him! :roll2: Jemaine was on the stage and thought it was hilarious while looking ever so slightly concerned. They really did need security!! Then he ran to the side seats, which were TOTALLY EMPTY and started humping a seat, saying "There are normally more people at our shows." Memorable!

:roll2: OMG! I want to watch this! Thanks for the recap! :D
&

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Tue Jun 01, 2010 4:20 pm

Venus wrote:
SuzyBatt wrote:The set list was about the same as the one posted in the for the Hollywood Bowl show. No Boom, or On the Road, but they did do Bus Driver (:yay:).

:roll2: OMG! I want to watch this! Thanks for the recap! :D

I've got it on video ;) I'll upload it later on my 4 hr break. It's CLASSIC. She seriously JUMPED ON HIM. He was joking before and then all of a sudden you hear his voice go kind of serious and go, "SECURITY. OH s***!" :roll2:

Venus

Postby Venus » Tue Jun 01, 2010 4:35 pm

:rolls: Haha, sounds hilarious. Can't wait to watch it. Thanks in advance, Kelly! :thumb:
&

kipples

Postby kipples » Tue Jun 01, 2010 4:36 pm

I can't flippin' wait to see it! :D

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Tue Jun 01, 2010 4:56 pm

They also COMPLETELY messed up "Most Beautiful Girl". Not once but like...3 times. In fact I don't think they ever ended up doing it right, but it was the most adorable thing I've ever witnessed.

kipples

Postby kipples » Tue Jun 01, 2010 5:03 pm

Please tell you got that on vid too?! :pray:

SuzyBatt
Lucky for me I have a short attention sp ....

Postby SuzyBatt » Tue Jun 01, 2010 5:16 pm

kellysouthpaw wrote:They also COMPLETELY messed up "Most Beautiful Girl". Not once but like...3 times. In fact I don't think they ever ended up doing it right, but it was the most adorable thing I've ever witnessed.

Yes, wasn't that HILARIOUS?! Bret kept messing up the lyrics at the beginning, then Jemaine said, "Aw, that's all right. We've only been doing it five years!" :bounce:

Return to “2010 Tour Archives”