Los Angeles - May 30 - Tour stop #21

The place where all the 2010 European (and US) Tour threads are now moved to. If it's not there, it's here ;)
Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Re: Los Angeles - May 30 - Tour stop #21

Postby Nancy » Thu Jun 24, 2010 5:22 am

I couldn't understand a single word she said, but I could hear the performance video just fine - go figure. :roll:

What a nice keepsake, nonch!
Oh, fish-like Lady
Lady-like Fish
I don't think so Bro, she's a Lady, Lady, Lady, Lady
No, no, she's a fish that's just a little bit
La-dy-ish! Yeah!

LikeACurry
Consistently Mediocre

Postby LikeACurry » Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:54 am

Those screencaps & gif are total... :prayer: :supz:
(I honestly don't know how you gals kept it together esp after the thigh graze :shock: :blush: )
Oh, it was always "Bowie's bumped into a door..."
ImageImageImage

nonchalant obsession
WTF!'s Biggest Blasphemer. Apparently.

Postby nonchalant obsession » Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:34 am

I've officially watched this clip more times than I care to admit ( :oops: ) but notice (if you will) that Jemaine begins his provocative walk with his mic in his left hand. He then switches it to the right, and recklessly waggles those "big delicious" fingers within inches of my... :teeth: Brave man. :lol:

SheWolf wrote:If you watch the vid she was kind of turned around when he started putting the moves on her & the look on her face when she saw him was priceless.

He is a bad boy. :whip: You've just gotta love video, huh? I am always amazed at the things I didn't notice or have already forgotten. Videographers of the world....I salute you! :prayer:
Image..Image..Image

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Thu Jun 24, 2010 4:26 pm

Ditto that. Video rules. So you touched him around the time he was doing the finger waggling? If so, I'd say you were provoked. :wink:
90% evil
ImageImage

Venus
She did indeed have the time of her life

Postby Venus » Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:42 pm

Nonch! :roll2: That's really nice of Sonia to upload the extra footage for you and I'm glad the thigh graze was caught on camera. :lol: Great screencaps and gif! :D
For the latest Bret & Jemaine related news updates:
'Like' What The Folk! on Facebook
&
Follow What The Folk! on Twitter

MinorMajorStalker
Half a shapely halibut

Postby MinorMajorStalker » Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:35 am

Hey everyone! a couple of things- i'm going to post the soundcheck/gig pics here. Also, you know that girl in the gif who Jemaine is "pulling moves on"?

SheWolf wrote:If you watch the vid she was kind of turned around when he started putting the moves on her & the look on her face when she saw him was priceless.

LauraK wrote:I LOVE that gif! She's doin a little snakehips-dance with him, lol!

nonchalant obsession wrote:Image :o

THAT'S ME.

A couple funny things about that moment:
1- I don't know if you can tell in the video, but I screamed "I love you, Jemaine!" and he gave me the funniest/most adorable look I've ever seen.
2- I guess he didn't know I'm fourteen! :eyelashes: :lol:
3- My dad ( and brother who unfortunately were left with tickets in the D section after the "two randomly available 8th row tickets" thing that happened) was watching through binoculars and told me he was thinking to himself... "Hmm, should I be happy for her or should I killl him?" and eventually decided on "be happy for her" :rolls: My dad is so funny.

So, here are pics from the soundcheck (if you want to know how I got in, the story is in the introduction thread)
This is me with a FotC-inspired smile. The security guard who was watching us was talking to my mom about how he was glad I liked them and not Justin Beiber while I took pics of them. :lol:

Here's Bret and Jemaine on stage:
Here's a blurry pic of Bret, Jemaine, and Nigel:
And here's just Jemaine and Nigel(Bret left for a while) (Nigel was randomly walking around with no shoes/shirt. Probably because it was 400 degrees out.) :lol:

:D They kept playing the Bus Driver's song, which they didn't play during the show, "Short People" and "Another One Bites the Dust". :roll2: Actually, most of the songs they played weren't songs they did at the actual show. So I got a pre-concert-concert. :) Also, the ONE SONG i thought they would have absolutely no need to practice because they played it every time(Sugalumps) they practiced for like 20-30 minutes. Also, they went into the audience in the soundcheck so I knew to grab an aisle seat. :D
Welcome to my patio of death.

MinorMajorStalker
Half a shapely halibut

Postby MinorMajorStalker » Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:53 am

Here's pics from the show. :D
When Bret was singing his korean karyoke song, I kinda knew all the words in korean and I kinda don't speak korean and I was kinda singing along. Anyway, he made eye-contact with me during the song and had this really subtle but funny reaction where he looked really surprised but only in his eyes and it was really funny. :shock: Also, Jemaine made eye-contact with me a couple of times during woo a lady and I looked back at him with an expression somewhere between :love: , :eyebrow: , :blush: , and :eyelashes: . They sang a couple more songs and then I SWEAR he was staring at me for 3/4 of business time. Then, well... watch nonch's gif and you'll be able to figure out what happened next... ANYWAY...

:D The rest are all here: http://s1140.photobucket.com/home/Yapics7476/recentuploads There are some really great ones. :)

Venus
She did indeed have the time of her life

Postby Venus » Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:31 am

MinorMajorStalker wrote:
nonchalant obsession wrote:Image :o

THAT'S ME.

WHAT?! You lucky thing!

3- My dad ( and brother who unfortunately were left with tickets in the D section after the "two randomly available 8th row tickets" thing that happened) was watching through binoculars and told me he was thinking to himself... "Hmm, should I be happy for her or should I killl him?" and eventually decided on "be happy for her" :rolls: My dad is so funny.

:roll2: Good on your dad! :lol:

The security guard who was watching us was talking to my mom about how he was glad I liked them and not Justin Beiber while I took pics of them. :lol:

:lol: :thumb:

Wow, thank you so much for sharing those pics of the soundcheck! Lol at Nigel wearing no shirt and shoes!

:D They kept playing the Bus Driver's song, which they didn't play during the show, "Short People" and "Another One Bites the Dust". :roll2: Actually, most of the songs they played weren't songs they did at the actual show. So I got a pre-concert-concert. :) Also, the ONE SONG i thought they would have absolutely no need to practice because they played it every time(Sugalumps) they practiced for like 20-30 minutes. Also, they went into the audience in the soundcheck so I knew to grab an aisle seat. :D

Woah, again you're so lucky to have had that experience seeing them at soundcheck. A pre-concert-concert, indeed! I love Bus Driver's Song and Short People! Haha, Another One Bites The Dust is quite random but I'm intrigued to know that sounded! :lol: You're so fortunate to have received so much eye contact and attention from Bret and Jemaine during the show. :)

:prayer: Thank you so much for sharing all of these wonderful pictures and details of your experience! You must have had an absolute blast! :hug:

Oh btw, I don't think I can view the photos in that photobucket link because the album is set to be private.
For the latest Bret & Jemaine related news updates:
'Like' What The Folk! on Facebook
&
Follow What The Folk! on Twitter

4everconchordsfan
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby 4everconchordsfan » Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:32 am

:prayer: :prayer: :heart: :love: :hug: :whitey: :whitey: :nana: :cheer:

Minor.m.s that is just awesomeness x 1 zillion. Way cool!

Thanks so much for sharing your pics and experience with us. It takes me right back to being there. I'm reliving the excitement just by seeing your smile.

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
"they're my celebrities, they're what I care about"

nonchalant obsession

Postby nonchalant obsession » Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:15 pm

Min!!!! :biggrin: I am freaking out that is YOU in that gif! :yay: :roll2: :yay: :roll2: I tried to re-watch the video to see you but it won't work. :| You are so adorable when you turn round and THERE he is...naughty, naughty Jemaine...lucky, lucky YOU! :rolls: @ your dad!!! :rolls:

Oh my, those sound check pics are so great! Look at you! and whoa Nigel! :o :D Too bad B & J didn't strip down as well. :lol: So they practiced Sugalumps? I wonder if they had to see how difficult it was to get on and off the stage? They've had some trouble in the past. lol. Did they dance? :D You got to hear them play some Queen too!!! 8) Who was singing? I've seen a video of Bret and Nigel performing Short People with the WIUO, was Bret singing that one and Bus Driver?

I really like seeing your photos, they are wonderful! I can't see the rest though....and I really want to see them. :nod: Thanks for sharing all this good stuff! :hug:
Image..Image..Image

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:50 pm

Pretty much DITTO what everyone else said already. :D Wow, you! How can you top that? Soundcheck, pre-gig Gig, great seats, eye-contact (Jemaine really gets around during shows with the eye contact, Thank God!) a private (kinda) booty-dance, getting to attend and meet them at the after-party.......:thud: You are indeed a lucky girl!

I hope we all get more chances in the not-too-distant future..... :D
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:07 pm

LauraK wrote: eye-contact (Jemaine really gets around during shows with the eye contact, Thank God!)
He knows it too. He even mentioned it in one of the Korean Karaoke vids. I didn't get any eye love at the Bowl but I think Suzy said she did.
90% evil
ImageImage

MinorMajorStalker
Half a shapely halibut

Postby MinorMajorStalker » Fri Nov 12, 2010 5:57 am

nonchalant obsession wrote:So they practiced Sugalumps? I wonder if they had to see how difficult it was to get on and off the stage? They've had some trouble in the past. lol. Did they dance? :D You got to hear them play some Queen too!!! 8) Who was singing? I've seen a video of Bret and Nigel performing Short People with the WIUO, was Bret singing that one and Bus Driver?

Yeah, I think they practiced it mostly so they would know how to get off the stage and go into the audience. but they DID dance around. :D I think both Bret and Jemaine were singing short people. The queen song was instrumental with Jemaine on bass, Nigel on piano/keyboard thing and Bret on guitar. Bret sang the Bus Driver's song. also, they were singing this song they made up about being in the hollywood bowl. The lyrics were something like: "I'm in a bowl...hollywood bowl...We're in a BOWL" and they would sing it every once in a while. :lol:
LauraK wrote: You are indeed a lucky girl!
I hope we all get more chances in the not-too-distant future..... :D

lol I don't take my luck for granted! And hopefully we will get more chances. :D
Also, I made the album public, so people can see it now!

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:32 pm

Nonch, if I'm not correctly mistaken I thought Jem briefly did the bassline to Another One Bites the Dust at the Amsterdam soundcheck.
90% evil
ImageImage

nonchalant obsession

Postby nonchalant obsession » Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:51 pm

You may be right. I vaguely recall giggling about that now that you mention it. I'll try to give the whole sound check vid a listen later. :)

Min, that's so funny about the "Bowl" song. I wonder if they've ever started out just messing around like that and ended up with...oh, I don't know..."Back on the Road"? :heart:

Look, Min! I see you! :D

Image..Image..Image

Return to “2010 Tour Archives”