Los Angeles - May 30 - Tour stop #21

The place where all the 2010 European (and US) Tour threads are now moved to. If it's not there, it's here ;)
funny schipperke
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Re: Los Angeles - May 30 - Tour stop #21

Postby funny schipperke » Mon May 31, 2010 9:15 pm

Here's a little clip of Jemaine busting a move during Epileptic Dogs :D

Image Image

closet jemainiac

Postby closet jemainiac » Mon May 31, 2010 9:17 pm

"WHOO WHOO!" :lol:

kipples

Postby kipples » Mon May 31, 2010 10:34 pm

Oh my god Fs I love it :D :D :D !!

I seriously can not wait to see all these other videos if thats what 15 seconds is like!

Faith
A pastry chef and a sniper

Postby Faith » Mon May 31, 2010 11:34 pm

:rolls:

That was awesome.

vmh
Crying tears of a rapper

Postby vmh » Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:20 am

I'm not ready to go back to real life yet! ::sobs like a baby::
James Bobin: “It’s like a five-year-old and a three-year-old. Jemaine’s the five-year-old, and Bret’s the three-year-old. They’re both wrong, but the five-year-old thinks he’s right.”

Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby Nancy » Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:21 am

Great, FS!
Oh, fish-like Lady
Lady-like Fish
I don't think so Bro, she's a Lady, Lady, Lady, Lady
No, no, she's a fish that's just a little bit
La-dy-ish! Yeah!

kipples

Postby kipples » Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:28 am

Aww vmh :goodman:

Unfortunately it's been scientifically proven that life does go on.

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:16 am

vmh wrote:I'm not ready to go back to real life yet! ::sobs like a baby::

Aww I know, right?? :hug:

So yes, I made it home - barely! Some storms in Chicago delayed my flight out of LAX by 90 minutes and made it so my layover went from 1 hr 45 minutes to 15 minutes an my gate changed to another concourse so I had to BOOK IT! I made it with like 5 minutes to spare. Intense. But I made it and now I'm home :D So sad it's over, but so happy it even happened. I am so happy to have met every single one of you ladies, truly! :hug:

SuzyBatt
Lucky for me I have a short attention sp ....

Postby SuzyBatt » Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:00 am

Yes, everything they said is true!!!! My second ever FotC show and it was even better than the first (the night before)!

I was happily surprised to find Mango sitting in the same garden box as me (I had no idea), and it turns out we had it all to ourselves so we clapped, whooped and laughed the evening away together. The energy and the love was incredible. And it was so lovely when I would look at Jemaine on the jumbotron slightly to my left and I could see the stars shine so pretty and somewhat bright above him (especially during that part of Jenny ;) ).

I guess I'll have to wait till who knows when to get a close up look at the guys (the van went past me a little when Jemaine opened the door so I really only saw the corner of his glasses when he opened the door). But as we were watching for them I saw him come out of the building. As soon as I saw him I waved. He waved back (I have no idea if anyone else was behind me waving as well, but in mind, he was waving at me :love: ). Then he kind of looked over a bit more and said "Awww" like he was sorry that we were stranded there, but they just could come out. He seemed genuinely sorry, and it was obviously confirmed when he stopped to apologize. What a class act.

Well, I'm going to try to get some sleep now - after sleeping for only ONE HOUR in the hotel last night (what a waste of money!)! This was an incredible experience and I'm soooooo happy to have gone! Oh, and you should have seen the look on the face of the customs agent when I explained to her that I'd gone to Vegas and LA to meet a bunch of friends from the internet! :shock: I was sure she was going to have my bag checked after that! :roll2:

P.S. My few pics from this show are crap but you guys have loads of gorgeous ones to look forward to!

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:09 am

Aww Suzy!! :hug: I'll always remember our walk back to the Vegas hotel and looking up at the hotel portion of planet hollywood wondering if they were looking down at us and laughing. Of course they weren't but it was funny just to think about at the time! Also, I never heard about you seeing and waving to Jemaine!! And the whole story warms my heart - they truly seemed heartbroken to have to leave us. And to stop and apologize was so kind of him. It means more than he knows :nod: Crap, here I go getting all emotional. I knew it'd happen eventually :cry:

I will be uploading my pics and vids in my 4 hr downtime tomorrow at school. I can't wait to share them with you guys! I was really proud of how I kept still and quiet, but for Demon Woman I lost it a little bit cause it was so funny! :roll2:

Faith
A pastry chef and a sniper

Postby Faith » Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:17 am

Post them anyway, Suzy. There can never be a crap picture of Bret & Jemaine.

katie1030
Giving the paper to the people

Postby katie1030 » Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:41 am

I don't really know what to say that hasn't already been said, but that was honestly one of the best shows I've ever seen. I was apparently lucky and got the one guy that cared whether or not I was using a camera. He told me to stop, so I wasn't able to get as much video as I would have liked, and then there was a guy in the front row who had a giant head that was blocking Bret from my camera because I was trying to keep it kind of hidden. So most of my videos are very Jemaine heavy, but who could really complain about that? :wink:. Here's my video of Epileptic Dogs, I'm going to try to upload some more later, but YouTube is really slow on my computer and it might take a while.

I, like everyone else, was bummed about the lack of a meet and greet, but there were some really nice people waiting around that I had fun talking to. I was looking for some of you ladies, but felt a bit strange walking around asking people if they were from WTF. :roll2:

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Tue Jun 01, 2010 4:06 am

Aww Katie! :hug: It was mostly us so you probably saw Most of us and didn't know it :D

I just thought back to that clip in the on air doc I think it was when Bret and Jemaine look out over this theater at soundcheck and are in aw of it's big-ness. Just imagine what it felt like last night to a SOLD OUT Hollywood Bowl of 17,000-18,000 fans :shock: Bret did seem pretty serious when he said, "Whoa, there really are a lot of you..." to which Jemaine countered, "Dont get intimidated, Bret!"

katie1030
Giving the paper to the people

Postby katie1030 » Tue Jun 01, 2010 4:18 am

I'm sure I did see you guys! :hug: I saw one girl who looked like she knew what going on after the show and I asked her if she was from WTF and she was like "uhhh....no" and looked at me like I was a bit looney so I lost my nerve a little bit after that. :lol:

I can't imagine what that was like for them. When I turned around and looked up, I felt overwhelmed. It's a really nice venue though, isn't it? It was so nice to see such a huge crowd come out and support them. I wish they would have done two nights here. I would have been there in a second.

Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby Nancy » Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:29 am

Katie! What a cute video! Wow, they went into intricate harmonies on that, didn't they?
It was so adorable watching Jemaine counting, getting ready to come in and also checking to be sure where Bret was musically - ultimate cuteness! They'd be great music teachers!
Oh, fish-like Lady

Lady-like Fish

I don't think so Bro, she's a Lady, Lady, Lady, Lady

No, no, she's a fish that's just a little bit

La-dy-ish! Yeah!

Return to “2010 Tour Archives”