Request- Folk The World Tour

Erm, music, lyrics and tabs. Asking about Conchords music, lyrics or tabs please post here.
SuzyBatt
Lucky for me I have a short attention sp ....

Re: Request- Folk The World Tour

Postby SuzyBatt » Wed Jun 17, 2009 3:10 am

Just listened again. To me it sounds like Jemaine saying "Thank you very much" then Bret yelling out "Adrian Pryor". :dunno:

Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby Nancy » Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:04 am

I think Venus may have hit on something: Bret may have been formally introducing Age as Adrian (I've looked on Google and Wiki and can't find a mention of his full name :bang: ), but Age did play on the FTW tour - guitar and mandolin, so it's likely he's the one Bret introduces. It doesn't sound like he's saying Age, but I can buy Adrian or something close to it. :nod:
Good ears, Suzy and Venus and whoever else said it!

Maybe Turnip knows Age's real first name.... :callme:
Oh, fish-like Lady
Lady-like Fish
I don't think so Bro, she's a Lady, Lady, Lady, Lady
No, no, she's a fish that's just a little bit
La-dy-ish! Yeah!

nonchalant obsession
WTF!'s Biggest Blasphemer. Apparently.

Postby nonchalant obsession » Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:50 pm

Nancy wrote:I think Venus may have hit on something: Bret may have been formally introducing Age as Adrian (I've looked on Google and Wiki and can't find a mention of his full name :bang: ), but Age did play on the FTW tour - guitar and mandolin, so it's likely he's the one Bret introduces. It doesn't sound like he's saying Age, but I can buy Adrian or something close to it. :nod:
Good ears, Suzy and Venus and whoever else said it!

Maybe Turnip knows Age's real first name.... :callme:

I asked a similar question over on another thread and Indigo Jones replied:
Indigo Jones wrote:Yup, Bret does say Age's name (Adrian Pryor) at the end of Nothin' Wrong. Age was part of the backing band they used during that tour. Age provides some of the higher backing vocals on that song, and probably is the one doing some of the fancier guitar work in the song. I think Nigel, who toured with FotC this time around, was also part of the backing band back then, as well. Plus, the three of them are all part of the Wellington International Ukulele Orchestra.
Image..Image..Image

SuzyBatt
Lucky for me I have a short attention sp ....

Postby SuzyBatt » Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:48 pm

I asked a similar question over on another thread and Indigo Jones replied:

Indigo Jones wrote:
Yup, Bret does say Age's name (Adrian Pryor) at the end of Nothin' Wrong. Age was part of the backing band they used during that tour. Age provides some of the higher backing vocals on that song, and probably is the one doing some of the fancier guitar work in the song. I think Nigel, who toured with FotC this time around, was also part of the backing band back then, as well. Plus, the three of them are all part of the Wellington International Ukulele Orchestra.

Aha! I knew I'd read that somewhere! Thanks for clearing that up Non-Ob, and thanks to Indigo for her encyclopedic knowledge!

songbird
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby songbird » Wed Jun 17, 2009 3:18 pm

This morning I set my alarm on my iHome and I forgot to take my iPod out of it (normally I don't really like to be woken up to music, because I'm such a grump in the morning that it ruins the songs for me). Anyways, because I forgot to take out my iPod, I ended up getting woken up to, of all songs, Bowie from FTW. Well, I certainly wasn't going to hit the snooze button after that... :D

So I listened to Nothin' Wrong last night like three more times...it's just so funny!! I love how he says the bit about how he took his electric knife and cut up his wife, waits two seconds and then jumps right into a chorus of "now there's nothin' wrong, there's nothin' wrong..." Priceless :roll2:
"We're addressing the issues but we're keeping it funky."

Image Image

Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby Nancy » Thu Jun 18, 2009 5:06 am

Thanks, Non-Ob for posting that explanation, and thanks Indy for your incomparable wealth of FoTC knowledge! :wink: :clap:
Oh, fish-like Lady

Lady-like Fish

I don't think so Bro, she's a Lady, Lady, Lady, Lady

No, no, she's a fish that's just a little bit

La-dy-ish! Yeah!

Venus
She did indeed have the time of her life

Postby Venus » Thu Jun 18, 2009 5:27 pm

Nancy wrote:Thanks, Non-Ob for posting that explanation, and thanks Indy for your incomparable wealth of FoTC knowledge! :wink: :clap:

Ditto that! :D
For the latest Bret & Jemaine related news updates:
'Like' What The Folk! on Facebook
&
Follow What The Folk! on Twitter

Return to “Music, lyrics and tabs”