Page 3 of 3

Re: Request- Folk The World Tour

Posted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 3:10 am
by SuzyBatt
Just listened again. To me it sounds like Jemaine saying "Thank you very much" then Bret yelling out "Adrian Pryor". :dunno:

Re: Request- Folk The World Tour

Posted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:04 am
by Nancy
I think Venus may have hit on something: Bret may have been formally introducing Age as Adrian (I've looked on Google and Wiki and can't find a mention of his full name :bang: ), but Age did play on the FTW tour - guitar and mandolin, so it's likely he's the one Bret introduces. It doesn't sound like he's saying Age, but I can buy Adrian or something close to it. :nod:
Good ears, Suzy and Venus and whoever else said it!

Maybe Turnip knows Age's real first name.... :callme:

Re: Request- Folk The World Tour

Posted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:50 pm
by nonchalant obsession
Nancy wrote:I think Venus may have hit on something: Bret may have been formally introducing Age as Adrian (I've looked on Google and Wiki and can't find a mention of his full name :bang: ), but Age did play on the FTW tour - guitar and mandolin, so it's likely he's the one Bret introduces. It doesn't sound like he's saying Age, but I can buy Adrian or something close to it. :nod:
Good ears, Suzy and Venus and whoever else said it!

Maybe Turnip knows Age's real first name.... :callme:

I asked a similar question over on another thread and Indigo Jones replied:
Indigo Jones wrote:Yup, Bret does say Age's name (Adrian Pryor) at the end of Nothin' Wrong. Age was part of the backing band they used during that tour. Age provides some of the higher backing vocals on that song, and probably is the one doing some of the fancier guitar work in the song. I think Nigel, who toured with FotC this time around, was also part of the backing band back then, as well. Plus, the three of them are all part of the Wellington International Ukulele Orchestra.

Re: Request- Folk The World Tour

Posted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:48 pm
by SuzyBatt
I asked a similar question over on another thread and Indigo Jones replied:

Indigo Jones wrote:
Yup, Bret does say Age's name (Adrian Pryor) at the end of Nothin' Wrong. Age was part of the backing band they used during that tour. Age provides some of the higher backing vocals on that song, and probably is the one doing some of the fancier guitar work in the song. I think Nigel, who toured with FotC this time around, was also part of the backing band back then, as well. Plus, the three of them are all part of the Wellington International Ukulele Orchestra.

Aha! I knew I'd read that somewhere! Thanks for clearing that up Non-Ob, and thanks to Indigo for her encyclopedic knowledge!

Re: Request- Folk The World Tour

Posted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 3:18 pm
by songbird
This morning I set my alarm on my iHome and I forgot to take my iPod out of it (normally I don't really like to be woken up to music, because I'm such a grump in the morning that it ruins the songs for me). Anyways, because I forgot to take out my iPod, I ended up getting woken up to, of all songs, Bowie from FTW. Well, I certainly wasn't going to hit the snooze button after that... :D

So I listened to Nothin' Wrong last night like three more times...it's just so funny!! I love how he says the bit about how he took his electric knife and cut up his wife, waits two seconds and then jumps right into a chorus of "now there's nothin' wrong, there's nothin' wrong..." Priceless :roll2:

Re: Request- Folk The World Tour

Posted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 5:06 am
by Nancy
Thanks, Non-Ob for posting that explanation, and thanks Indy for your incomparable wealth of FoTC knowledge! :wink: :clap:

Re: Request- Folk The World Tour

Posted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 5:27 pm
by Venus
Nancy wrote:Thanks, Non-Ob for posting that explanation, and thanks Indy for your incomparable wealth of FoTC knowledge! :wink: :clap:


Ditto that! :D