Favorite song

Erm, music, lyrics and tabs. Asking about Conchords music, lyrics or tabs please post here.
djdeathskiss
Keeping it funky

Favorite song

Postby djdeathskiss » Wed Oct 05, 2005 3:32 pm

Just wondering what everyones favorite FotC song was, and why.

Me, I really like 'Business Time', 'Frodo', 'The Pencil Song', and 'Albie the Racist Dragon'.
"Of course i'm home; i'm always home. I'm uncool!" - Lester Bangs, 'Almost Famous'

/me
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby /me » Wed Oct 05, 2005 4:41 pm

Like a couple others here, I really like the Bus Driver's song. And Mother *ckers. I hope that song makes it to a DVD or CD someday. I love that song!, but I think Bus Driver is still my favorite. The tune is good, the humor subtle, and the character is just so fully formed in my mind that I would not be surprised to find Tony on a bus tour in NZ someday. Of course, when I first heard it, I think I lost my spleen on the "but she's not Paula, that's for sure." line. Good stuff!
Ooooh Flight of the Conchords! You're so big!

:comehere: Conchordians Unite! Join the FotC map!

Hip-Hop-opotamus
New arrival

Postby Hip-Hop-opotamus » Wed Oct 05, 2005 4:44 pm

Bowie
K.I.S.S.I.N.G.
Business Time
Jenny

Gosh, they are all so good, especially the stuff they did on HBO.
My lyrics are bottomless...

Dick Grogan
New arrival

Postby Dick Grogan » Wed Oct 05, 2005 5:28 pm

Hiphopapotomus vs Rhymenocerous and Think Think About It are my faves.

Fluffyblonde

Postby Fluffyblonde » Wed Oct 05, 2005 5:59 pm

Nearly impossible to pick a favorite, but here are the contenders:

Business Time
Something Special For The Ladies
Albi
Jenny - "Oh my God, I'm so sorry! Oh, that's terrible! Oh, how embarrassing!" That part kills me. The look on Bret's face is priceless when he does that bit.

New thread: Nuances.

Ellen

Postby Ellen » Wed Oct 05, 2005 8:47 pm

I really like The Humans Are Dead. When Jemaine does that Stephen Hawking/Speak-n-Spell voice:"can't we just talk to the humans a little understanding could make things better, can't we talk to the humans and work together now?"-- it's so good it's kind of scary.

And the Fudafafa clip from the BBC. Gotta love the French!

indigo_jones
That's Mrs. Indigo Jones-McKenzie to you

Postby indigo_jones » Wed Oct 05, 2005 10:25 pm

I also love the Fudafafa clip. Brilliant! It reminds me of the Eddie Izzard bit with first-year French.

Jenny is brilliant; both lyrically and even musically it's lovely. I have a particular soft spot for She's So Hot ... Boom! for both the beat and the way Bret sings it. Dead sexy groovy!

Really, though, it's impossible to choose, and I say that not having even heard the live album yet! If I can't make up my mind with less than 10 songs to choose from, I'll never be able to once I know more!

conchordgirl

Postby conchordgirl » Thu Oct 06, 2005 2:08 am

Hmmm..good question.

I'm not Crying (Jemaine's voice..*sigh*)
Hotties
Bus Driver's Song
Pencils

Well, that's my list right now. In a week it may change.

--Nicole
Oh, look at me! I'm the magical man from happy land, in a gumdrop house on lollipop laaaaaane!!
Oh by the way I was being sarcastic.--Homer Simpson

christsruleisall
New arrival

Postby christsruleisall » Thu Oct 06, 2005 3:14 am

Jenny is mine all the way.
Hello........Hi..............Hello man sitting in the park.....I just said hi, woman in the park.

Fluffyblonde

Postby Fluffyblonde » Thu Oct 06, 2005 7:25 am

This one:

"...but I'm not eating as many sandwiches as back then..."

The inflection is beyond hilarious, and so is his expression during. :D

Sherry
Professional Blonde

Can I have a top 5

Postby Sherry » Thu Oct 06, 2005 11:23 am

In no particular order -

Pencils In The Wind - I love the lyrics and the melody. Its sublime. Putting the pencil to the paper and giving the paper to the people and letting them read about the cellotape Oooo baby!

Jenny - Again, wonderful musically. Very sweet song.

Hotties - A studio track off the CD. An attempt at a proper song and it works.

Mother ucker - Yes, it does go like that :P Its been too long since I heard that song

And *thinks* .... for my mood at the moment, I'd have to say She's So Hot, Boom!

Spammy
Giving the paper to the people

Postby Spammy » Thu Oct 06, 2005 1:13 pm

Bowie - I remember the first time I'd heard it on Stand up. I was in a hotel in Sydney at the time and was in tears and awe from the accuracy of Bowieness!

I like most of their songs. I love their originality.
"You see a peanut, the day's off to a good start. You witness some soil, it's a jamboree for Vince Noir" - Howard Moon - The Mighty Boosh

Audrey
New arrival

Postby Audrey » Fri Oct 07, 2005 5:12 am

This is really tough, but my top five songs with favorite quotes are

Business Time "You know when I'm wearing my socks, it's business time. They're business socks!'

Albi- "[...] however you left me very severely burned and scarred....laughed the boy."

Frodo-"'There's too many of them, we'll never make it!' 'Oh no!'......'We made it!" 'Hohohooray??'"

Hiphopopotomas and the Rhymenoceros- "I'm not a hipopotamus! Where did you get that perposterous hypothesis? Did Steve tell you that? Bloody Steve..."

Jenny-"'felt like reflections of the stars. That shined out so pretty and bright....that night.'
................"'It was daytime.'"

Though I do like all the other songs as well. :D I do really love the beat in She's So Hot...Boom. It makes me dance in my chair, haha.

Andria
Bootylicious Flygirl

Postby Andria » Fri Oct 07, 2005 5:39 am

My current favorites are

Hotties - I just picked up yesterday that they refer to themselves in the song. How sad is that? "F of the C checkin' out the hotties down on Cuba, singin acapella" (sp?)

Bus Driver's Song - great lyrics. It's just like I am taking a funky bus tour of NZ.

Bowie - Great impersonations. "Pfk, this is Bowie back to Bowie, I read you loud and clear man, oh yeah Man!"

Ah, and of course, Jenny. Ah, the awkwardness. Love it.
I'll take your body and cover it with honey, then stick some money to the honey, now you're covered in money, honey. -FotC

Fluffyblonde

Postby Fluffyblonde » Fri Oct 07, 2005 7:02 am

I was up very early one morning, listening to the songs quietly in my office. Well, quietly until the "Lyre, lyre, my pants are on fire" part. It was so unexpected and silly that I just started guffawing. I swear, I sounded like a peed off donkey. I actually had to sit down, stop ruffling through my papers and wipe tears away. My husband woke up and wanted to know what the hell was happening - I think he thought I was being attacked by a crazed burro. I told him "no, the only jackass in here is you - go back to bed." :roll: (Of course, first I made him listen to the song 10 times...)

At least I'm not a coffee drinker - I bet sucking that through nasal cavities is painful!

Return to “Music, lyrics and tabs”