If your into it and another weird song lyrics by FOTC

Erm, music, lyrics and tabs. Asking about Conchords music, lyrics or tabs please post here.
MrCrowley
New arrival

If your into it and another weird song lyrics by FOTC

Postby MrCrowley » Sat Dec 30, 2006 5:39 am

I just found this video of FOTC 3years ago they play:
If your into it
Pretty prince of party's?(im not sure if its called that)
hiphop-potamus......

Link:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqWrU2NValU&mode=related&search=

Does anyone have the lyrics to the first two songs?
....And Then On Our Next Date, I Could Bring My Flatmate, Not Quite Sure If Stu Had Seen Ya, But Maybe We Could Double-Team Ya - If Your Into It by FOTC

Johnnyp
The One Guy

Postby Johnnyp » Sat Dec 30, 2006 9:40 pm

I don't but thanks for the link 8) :lol:

Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby Sherry » Sat Dec 30, 2006 9:42 pm

Thats an old clip and the songs are not all on CD. Lyrics wise, I don't know of anywhere that has them all transcribed.

If You're Into It can be found on their BBC radio show CD. No one has gotten round to writing them up. But you could always take a bash at it if you felt like it. FWIW, they tend to change the lyrics to songs with each performance, so I never take any lyrics as 'final' ones.

Hiphopapotamus v Rhymenoscerous is actually written up on this very forum :P Just a few threads down. Here is a link to it anyways

http://www.whatthefolk.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=43

The second song has never really seen the light of day. TBH, I don't think they play it anymore, nor did it ever really become Conchords staple. It was pretty crap, at least I think so. Thinking about it that particular performance was one of their worst Conchords ones ever recorded :rolls: Jemaine's pimp sunglasses saved the day 8) I watched it once, ages back, cringed and tried to forget it existed :whistle: :doomed: The guys have refined the other two songs and they are far better in more recent performances.

MrCrowley
New arrival

Postby MrCrowley » Sat Dec 30, 2006 10:08 pm

I thought it was good except hiphopapotamus vs ........ where that was the worse version ive heard but there was one version where jermaine paused when he was freestyling and that looked bad. If your into it so far is my 4th faourite FOTC song. My list is:

1:Bus drivers song
2:Think About it, Think Think About It
3:Candles In The Wind
4:If Your Into It
5:Either H vs R or Robots(Humans Are Dead)
6:Business Time(HBO version)
7:Bowies In Space
8:Albi
9:Jenny
10:Hotties

Also in that video thats the funniest Jermaine i've seen,its a crack up with the sunglasses and the glockenspiel thingy and he does the 1..2...3...4 with the sticks like he's a drummer at the start.
....And Then On Our Next Date, I Could Bring My Flatmate, Not Quite Sure If Stu Had Seen Ya, But Maybe We Could Double-Team Ya - If Your Into It by FOTC

Pineapple
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby Pineapple » Sat Dec 30, 2006 10:48 pm

I love the bit in that version of Rhymenocerous where Bret says 'you see me on Rhymewatch... they're accusing me of attempted rap!'.
'Along comes Michael... On his bicycle... Lookin' as cool as a Fisher and Paykel...'

Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby Sherry » Sat Dec 30, 2006 11:15 pm

MrCrowley wrote:I thought it was good except hiphopapotamus vs ........ where that was the worse version ive heard but there was one version where jermaine paused when he was freestyling and that looked bad. If your into it so far is my 4th faourite FOTC song. My list is:

1:Bus drivers song
2:Think About it, Think Think About It
3:Candles In The Wind
4:If Your Into It
5:Either H vs R or Robots(Humans Are Dead)
6:Business Time(HBO version)
7:Bowies In Space
8:Albi
9:Jenny
10:Hotties

Also in that video thats the funniest Jermaine i've seen,its a crack up with the sunglasses and the glockenspiel thingy and he does the 1..2...3...4 with the sticks like he's a drummer at the start.

A lot of people like Bus Drivers Song. I seem to recall Jemaine saying its his favourite one of theirs also. I do tend to prefer most of their early material over the more recent popular songs. I've tired of the likes of Business Time and Hiphopopotamus already, but not of Pencils In The Wind and Bowie. Still, most of their stuff is good :P Just the odd slightly crap song every now and again.

And yeah Jemaine saved that one :) I loved the pimp sunnies.

BTW, welcome to the forum :) Nice to have you aboard :welcome:

MrCrowley
New arrival

Postby MrCrowley » Sun Dec 31, 2006 1:01 am

Thanks my form teacher at school got me into FOTC last year and ive been hooked since, though im yet to see them live and I live in NZ

Oh woops in my list I put candles in the wind :oops: I meant pencil ofcourse.

I was really hooked on Bowie but I listened to it way too much and got bored, How many songs have they made? Apart from their CD and a few HBO songs and other random ones Its hard to find any,and why did they put KISSING Part A on their CD? Its them talking they might as well of put Issues(Not the song but the children part) on their as well.
I read about an interview with them on here and Jermaine or Bret said HBO cut some of the song Jenny out, Has anyone noticed the parts they cut out?

MrCrowley
New arrival

Postby MrCrowley » Sun Dec 31, 2006 1:27 am

lyrics to 'If you're into it' by Flight Of the Conchords:

If Your Into It:

B:If you want me to, I Can hang Around With You,
If I only Knew, That's what Your Into.

J:You and him, Him and you, If thats what your into,
him hanging around, around you, you hanging around where your there too.

B: And if you want me to, i'll take off all my clothes for you,
i'll take off all my clothes for you, if thats what your into.

J:How 'bout him, in the nude, in the nude, in front of you, thats what he's,
prepared to do, is that the kind of thing, you think you might be into.

B:And if you want me to, i'll let you get naked too, could be a dream come true,providing thats what your into.

J:Is that what your into,him and you,in the nude,thats the sort of thing
he wants to do, is that the kind of thing that you think you might be into.

B:And then maybe later, we can get hot by the refridgerator, In the kitchen next to pantry, I think that might be what you fancy.

J:In the buff, Being nude, Doing stuff, with his food, getting nude with the food we heard thats what you are into.

B:And then on our next date, well I could bring my flatmate, not sure if Stu had seen ya, but maybe we could double-team ya.

J:How bout you, and two dudes, in the nude, getting nude with two dudes with food,thats if Stu's into to.

B:All the things we could do,things I'd do for you,you'd have to say so first, or else i'll get imbarrased. Its what ever turns you on, It's what ever gets you off and turns you on.

May be a few mistakes where Jermaine talks really fast

veganmo
New arrival

Postby veganmo » Sun Jul 29, 2007 8:40 pm

MY FAVORITE!!

I'm the pretty prince of parties
You're a tasty piece of pastry
You're so lighty flighty flaky
I go where the party takes me!

I'm the funky monkey junkie
You're a dirty flirty birdie
You're a picture of the devils daughter
I'm a pitcher of holy water!

Oh pretty prince of parties where's the party now?
I don't know
Oh pretty prince of parties where does water go?
I let it flow
Oh pretty prince of parties can I come to your party?
No
Oh pretty prince of parties where do ya get your clothes?
They're made of snow

Pretty party clothes crocheted of snow!

I'm the (mickey maury menstruel?)
You're the high priestess of tinsel
I'm the guru god of gahnja
Ram shalanka lanka ram a shanka
Are you ready to folk?
cuz... uh if your ready to folk then... we're... we're ready... we're practically ready...

I'm ready...

ok... we're ready... let's folk it

Return to “Music, lyrics and tabs”