Tour of Europe?

The place where all the 2010 European (and US) Tour threads are now moved to. If it's not there, it's here ;)
kellysouthpaw

Re: Tour of Europe?

Postby kellysouthpaw » Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:25 am

I'm really considering doing this guys. Someone talk me out of it, please. I can't really afford it, and I'd have to somehow talk my parents into taking care of my son for a week. And unless it's scheduled for my spring break, or the two weeks I have between spring and summer semesters, I'm going to be missing classes, which is never a good idea.

Please, please, someone talk me out of it (don't talk me out of it)

Doesn't help my credit card company just mysteriously decided to up my limit by almost $3000...they have to know...THEY HAVE TO KNOW. *shifty eyes*

P.S. How long does it take to get your passport, because I don't technically have mine ordered yet...
Last edited by kellysouthpaw on Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:30 am, edited 2 times in total.

Faith
A pastry chef and a sniper

Postby Faith » Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:26 am

I don't remember it taking too long to get my passport. Maybe a month or so...

vmh
Crying tears of a rapper

Postby vmh » Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:41 am

Do it Kelly! It's only 1 week and you don't want to be sitting in class one day (or in a rocking chair several years from now) thinking, "What if...?" Plus, you'll get to hang out with Amanda again. And another reason: Bret and Jemaine!

I'm going to the post office to apply for a passport next week.
James Bobin: “It’s like a five-year-old and a three-year-old. Jemaine’s the five-year-old, and Bret’s the three-year-old. They’re both wrong, but the five-year-old thinks he’s right.”

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:57 am

I've already got my forms all filled out, I just have to get my special pictures taken and dig out my birth certificate (or, rather, get my mom to dig out my birth certificate). I will also opt to expedite the passport process so I get it in 2-4 weeks instead of like 6-8 weeks. You're so right, V, I don't want to be thinking, "What if?" 50 years down the road. Plus I have always, and I mean ALWAYS, wanted to see the UK. This is the PERFECT opportunity. Plus, if we split costs for hotel rooms and transportation, I could even make this as cost-friendly as possible. GAH! what am I saying, you're supposed to be not talking me out of this! ;)

I must say, seeing Amanda again is worth a trip to the UK in and of itself! :hug:

Amanda, I may need you to be my excuse for going to the UK - because there is NO WAY that my parents will let me go to the UK for FOTC (they're not fans of things I'm fans of, as a general rule)...but maybe for a trip with Amanda...I just might be able to pull it off ;)

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:52 am

Tell them you met a wonderful man on the internet and you're going to the UK meet him........................................................... :shock:

Hehe, no....:lol:

I won't try to talk you out of it either, except to say that racking up credit card debt takes a looooong time to get out from under and you'll pay so much more in the long run. If you can save up, save as much cash as possible and only use the cc as a last resort.

Other than that, if your parents will watch Des- go for it! You're only young once! :D
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:55 am

haha - I wasn't really planning on using the extra credit on my credit card, I was going to use my tax refund money (which should probably go towards what I already owe on my credit card but, as you say, only young once!)

And yes, the internet boyfriend thing...DEFINITELY not going to work. I think taking a trip with Amanda over to the UK is my best bet LOL. They love her, (as do I, of course)...so...I may need to use that to my advantage :D

mockingbird
Thinks it's hot the way he looks left a lot

Postby mockingbird » Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:05 am

DO IT. :lol: It's a trip to Europe and friends and FOTC all rolled into one. How often do you get a chance to experience something like this? Besides, everyone who can go, has to so I can live vicariously through you, lol. ;)

Although I do agree with Laura and I'm sure you agree too - avoid the credit card as much as you can. You don't still want to be paying for this in three years.

Venus
She did indeed have the time of her life

Postby Venus » Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:12 pm

I can't see your link to the page for rail tickets, vmh but I kinda get the idea so I'll look into it. I'm willing to help you all look for good deals for travel and accomodation. :)

Go for it, Kelly! Just as long as you have enough saved up rather than going into credit card debt! It'll be so much fun! :D
For the latest Bret & Jemaine related news updates:
'Like' What The Folk! on Facebook
&
Follow What The Folk! on Twitter

Amanda
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby Amanda » Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:30 pm

I'm game, Kels! :D we'll be together anyway.. Does it really matter if we're going to watch two gorgeous kiwis at the Arena instead of the guard change in Buckinham palace? i think not! :yawinkle:
But if you did I'd hold you tight / Into every single night
And we'd fall asleep together / And we'd wake up in the sunlight
Well, maybe I'm a dreamer / But maybe one day you'll see / That dreams are...

4everconchordsfan
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby 4everconchordsfan » Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:15 pm

If only we knew the tour dates, anywho thought I'd post this in case there is any interest.

Aer Lingus is having a Europe Sale:

from New York (JFK):
from $239* each way Dublin, Shannon
from $259* each way Birmingham, London, Manchester
from $279* each way Amsterdam, Paris, Dusseldorf, Frankfurt, Brussels, Madrid, Lisbon, Munich, Barcelona
from $289* each way Malaga, Krakow, Rome, Warsaw

from Boston:
from $269* each way Dublin, Shannon
from $289* each way Birmingham, London, Manchester
from $299* each way Amsterdam, Paris, Dusseldorf, Frankfurt, Brussels, Madrid, Barcelona

from Chicago:
from $269* each way Dublin, Shannon
from $289* each way Birmingham, London, Manchester
from $299* each way Amsterdam, Paris, Dusseldorf, Frankfurt, Brussels, Madrid, Munich

Low Fares From 40+ U.S. Cities

* Terms & Conditions:
Fares shown available at aerlingus.com until 7:00PM EST on 1/21/10. Valid for travel on U.S.-originating scheduled Aer Lingus services between specified cities (travel via Dublin for destinations beyond DUB or SNN). Fares valid for travel 04/10/10 - 06/15/10. Fares are each way, per person based on roundtrip economy class travel on a Mon/Tue/Wed/Thu. Additional $15 each way for travel on a Fri/Sat/Sun. Excludes U.S. government taxes, fees, airport facility charges as well as foreign inspection, security and other gov't/airport charges, fees and taxes of up to $84 eastbound and $210 westbound (depending on itinerary) and the September 11th Security Fee of $2.50 for U.S. enplanements. Additional $16 each way for bookings made at airports or through (800) IRISH AIR. Additional baggage charge may apply. Full payment is made at the time of reservation. Seats are limited and fares may not be available on all flights and dates. Higher fares may also be available throughout travel period. Tickets are non-refundable. Any change in itinerary may result in an increase in fare and is subject to penalty. If change results in lower fare, no refund applies. Not eligible for accrual of frequent flyer points/mileage. Child/Infant discounts apply. Stopovers are not permitted. Valid for new bookings only. Other restrictions may apply. Visit aerlingus.com for full terms and conditions.
"they're my celebrities, they're what I care about"

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:51 am

Wow, that's a great deal! If the tour falls in there, that'll really save some $$$. I've looked around a bit, putting in late April as a fly date and am getitng prices of $700-$1,000 from MI to the UK. Not that I'm going to be able to do it...just out of curiosity and the need to know in case I win that Lottery. :|
ImageImage

flofan23
New arrival

Postby flofan23 » Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:43 am

Wow, you guys are dedicated (and organised)!!
I'm keeping everything crossed for this UK tour, me & my sister are such big fans! can't wait to see when something's announced :)

Venus
She did indeed have the time of her life

Postby Venus » Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:49 am

Hi there, flofan23. Welcome to the forum! Feel free to introduce yourself here.

Yes, we are a very dedicated and organised bunch! Hopefully it won't be long before they announce something. :)
For the latest Bret & Jemaine related news updates:
'Like' What The Folk! on Facebook
&
Follow What The Folk! on Twitter

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Sun Jan 24, 2010 1:05 am

Speaking of this topic, I did my taxes today and it looks like my tax return will be about $1500 more than originally thought (which was a nice chunk to begin with, being a single mother and all) - so the UK tour may not be as much of a far off dream as once thought...will still need to convince my parents either way though...THAT will be the hard part.

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:22 am

At least they've met Amanda and love her....I bet they'll agree to watch Des....:)
ImageImage

Return to “2010 Tour Archives”