Arj at The Parlor in Bellevue, February 5th

Friends of the Conchords and those who've worked with them over the years...
onefeathertail
Half a shapely halibut

Re: Arj at The Parlor in Bellevue, February 5th

Postby onefeathertail » Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:30 pm

Thanks for the amazing retell, Mango.

Sounds like a lot of the material he tested at the Fringe made it through, such as:

He told one about snakes that was so true and funny, I really hope it's included on his new CD.

This. He asked everyone in the front row if they were afraid of snakes during his set. Everyone, that is, but my friend and I, to whom he looked at, smirked and skipped over. But in his defense before the show he came over and talked to us, for some reason or another -- maybe he thought we looked cool, because he spoke to us again when he came out before his set to change :lol: :lyre: -- and told us about a rattlesnake he came across during his trip to which we both told him we were both decidedly not afraid of snakes.

Which probably wouldn't have worked too well for the joke, if it's the same one.

And:

Arj ended his set with a song.

Loved his song. I had a good hearty laugh at that. What a shame he made you put your camera away.

Gorgeous photos, too. :heart:
Last edited by onefeathertail on Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Peaches
Getting lewd with the food

Postby Peaches » Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:20 am

What a lovely post/thread/thingy.... :)

I think it's so nice when comedians take the time to talk to fans :) Haha you made me laugh with..."I bought that for myself man..." :lol:

We have the pleasure of Arj being in Adelaide for the fringe this month, not sure if I will get a chance to see his show (not really my thing to be honest...), but I'll try!
"Item 4 on the agenda: Stuff you!"

"Who else? Mur.. Ray... Oh. Greg's written this, he's put the R's too far apart. It's Murray.. Murray present"

ImageImage
ImageImageImage

DaMango
Stop touching the monkeys

Postby DaMango » Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:09 am

onefeathertail wrote:Thanks for the amazing retell, Mango.

Sounds like a lot of the material he tested at the Fringe made it through,

Hi OFT! Long time, no see! :wave:

I was wondering how much new material was developed while he was in Australia. He definitely told some jokes that I hadn't heard when he opened for the Conchords last May, or when he headlined in Seattle in September. I wonder how he decides which bits to keep, and which bits to change up? :hrm: Developing a stand up comedy routine seems like a rather fine science. I'm not sure if the snake joke he told last week was exactly the same, but it was probably very similar. He put on a rather convincing Aussie accent at one point. :lol: His song was very adorable, but I will admit that I would have enjoyed it more had I not been thinking, "Arj hates me, Arj hates me" during the remainder of the song, LOL! Turns out he didn't hate me after all. He just didn't want me to film his act, post it on YouTube for free, and threaten his livelihood. I did nothing of the sort, so we're cool. Hooray!

Peaches, you're so sweet. :D I hope you get to see him at the festival, he's a lot of fun! If you do, tell him Rani from Seattle says hi, and that she hopes he has his own copy of LYAO now. LOL! Just kidding. If you do meet him, I certainly don't expect you to waste your precious moments with him talking about me. :wink: (And yes, I did buy that CD for myself, dang it! I was pretty broke last week, so it was a miracle that I even purchased it at all. :P )

mohumbhai mania
Can Attack!

Postby mohumbhai mania » Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:02 pm

ITA with everyone about the Mangosqueeze.

And, I am so talking to Arj after the show next time!!!! Man.
Too much time on too many hands - too many ladies, not enough mans

I am bike-cheese!

DaMango
Stop touching the monkeys

Postby DaMango » Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:52 pm

Hee hee, you'd better MM! We gotta remind him that he's well loved in the US. :wink:

Peaches
Getting lewd with the food

Postby Peaches » Sun Feb 14, 2010 4:53 am

I will! It'll give me something to say to him! :D
"Item 4 on the agenda: Stuff you!"

"Who else? Mur.. Ray... Oh. Greg's written this, he's put the R's too far apart. It's Murray.. Murray present"

ImageImage
ImageImageImage

Return to “Conchords Cohorts”