28th May 2010- The Greek Theatre, Berkeley

The place where all the 2010 European (and US) Tour threads are now moved to. If it's not there, it's here ;)
Venus
She did indeed have the time of her life

28th May 2010- The Greek Theatre, Berkeley

Postby Venus » Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:19 pm

Capacity: 8,500 (approx)

Talk about this show here. :)

Seating plan:
For the latest Bret & Jemaine related news updates:
'Like' What The Folk! on Facebook
&
Follow What The Folk! on Twitter

kellysouthpaw

Re: 28th May 2010- The Greek Theatre, Berkeley

Postby kellysouthpaw » Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:18 pm

I'm going to try for a ticket to both shows and whichever gives the best seat is the one I will attend. This one would be my preferred choice as it is the smaller venue in a smaller (read: safer) town, but I am just going to try to see them either way. But this one falls on a day I have class/lab. But I could probably miss ONE lab...I mean c'mon, it's FOTC!

vmh
Crying tears of a rapper

Postby vmh » Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:50 pm

James Bobin: “It’s like a five-year-old and a three-year-old. Jemaine’s the five-year-old, and Bret’s the three-year-old. They’re both wrong, but the five-year-old thinks he’s right.”

Venus

Postby Venus » Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:23 pm

Flight of the Conchords

Artist Website

BUY TICKETS

Presale begins Thursday, April 8th at 10am!
(password = frodo)

Flight of the Conchords is a New Zealand comedy duo (they prefer to be called "band") composed of Bret McKenzie and Jemaine Clement. Billing themselves as "Formerly New Zealand's fourth most popular guitar-based digi-bongo acapella-rap-funk-comedy folk duo", the group uses a combination of witty observation, characterisation and acoustic guitar music. The duo's comedy and music became the basis of a BBC radio series and then an American television series, which premiered in 2007, also called Flight of the Conchords.

They were named Best Alternative Comedy Act at the 2005 US Comedy Arts Festival and Best Newcomer at the Melbourne Comedy Festival, and they received a nomination for the Perrier Comedy Award at the 2003 Edinburgh Festival Fringe after performing at a venue called The Caves. The duo's live performances have gained them a worldwide cult following.

Venue: The Greek Theatre
UC-Berkeley

Show Date: Friday, May 28

Doors Time:

Show Time: 7.30 PM

On Sale Date: Saturday, April 10

Ticket Price: $45.00 - General Admission

Source
&

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:26 pm

I'm really put off by this idea of "general admission". I'd have to fly in the day of the show, and if I can't get in until like 3 or 4, I would get crap seats for sure. :/

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:27 pm

Thursday? I thought it was tomorrow.
90% evil
ImageImage

Venus

Postby Venus » Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:33 pm

SheWolf wrote:Thursday? I thought it was tomorrow.

Must be a mistake. Ticketmaster says Wednesday. :dunno:

Also note:

IMPORTANT:

SELECT LOCATIONS are electronic Ticketmaster Paperless Tickets ONLY. Want more information on Paperless Ticketing? Click Here.

Ticketmaster Paperless Tickets are NON TRANSFERABLE.
At ENTRY you must provide the CREDIT CARD USED TO PURCHASE AND VALID PHOTO ID.
Entire party MUST enter the venue at the same time.

Please Note: To receive full Visa Signature benefits you must either choose to pick up your tickets at Will Call or have them delivered by FedEx

Source
&

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:37 pm

Good, that way it'll deter touts.

BUT - that means if I buy a ticket and end up not being able to use it, how will I transfer it to that person? That could be a pain *face palm*

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:44 pm

Right. That makes me think that I won't buy tickets because I won't be able to give them away should I decide not to go. s***.
90% evil
ImageImage

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:46 pm

Well, don't be too disparaged. Ticketmaster, if not much has changed since FOTC's last tour, is pretty willing to bend. The first 15 rows were will call. I just e-mailed and said I was driving 4 hours and was not going to have time to wait in the will call line and they e-mailed them to me *shrug*. I may have even told them that my friend bought them for me and she wouldn't be coming with me. Either way, the lame excuse I gave them still got me my tickets e-mailed to me.

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:55 pm

I don't think I want to take the chance of being stuck with them. I now see the downside to this way of avoiding scalpers. I just figured I'd buy some tomorrow and work out whether I can go later but if I have to work it out prior to buying tickets I can't really do that.

"What if I'm not going to the show, but I purchased the tickets?
If you bought the tickets for a friend or family member, you will need to take them to the entry gate and still present your credit card and government-issued ID.

What if I want to buy tickets for someone else in another state and can't get to the venue for the day of the event?
If you are not planning to attend the event, we would advise that paperless ticket(s) are purchased on the credit card of a person attending the event and that you reimburse them.
"
90% evil
ImageImage

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:59 pm

Well, it's a sort of hardcore alternative, but if a WTFer was willing to order a few extra tickets for those of us not yet "sure" if we can make it...since it's general admission it's not like great seats are at stake by ordering a few at a time...

I'm sure more people will be able to go as it gets closer than won't...at least I hope...

just an idea...

Venus

Postby Venus » Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:22 pm

It is a very tricky situation when you're not sure whether you'll be able to go.

A few pics:
&

mohumbhai mania
Can Attack!

Postby mohumbhai mania » Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:32 pm

I'm just going to get one for myself if they are trying to be scalper-proof, because I'm thinking we're all going to be able to get at computers tomorrow?
Too much time on too many hands - too many ladies, not enough mans

I am bike-cheese!

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:20 pm

*gulp* the size of that theater is deterring me further....but if I knew for sure lots of other WTFers were going I'd probably go for it. :)
90% evil
ImageImage

Return to “2010 Tour Archives”