2010 European Tour Dates Announced!!!

The place where all the 2010 European (and US) Tour threads are now moved to. If it's not there, it's here ;)
rachel
Half a shapely halibut

Re: 2010 European Tour Dates Announced!!!

Postby rachel » Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:12 pm

I hadn't even thought about this :oops: In South East London we got the ash fall on us last night, the cars all looked fetching this morning!
This is the latest: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8626686.stm
I know a couple of people who have managed to fly to Scotland and Ireland, and the latest I heard yesterday was that planes could go America way but if they had to go over Europe, but it seems that's changed overnight.
According to weather forecast, there should be rain Monday/Tuesday and winds will pick up to 9mph. :?
@_raychul

Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby Nancy » Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:16 pm

Well, wine and chocolate for the Icelandic volcano gods! :partyman:

And all the positive energy we can muster. Good thoughts for successful travel and shows! :pray:
Oh, fish-like Lady
Lady-like Fish
I don't think so Bro, she's a Lady, Lady, Lady, Lady
No, no, she's a fish that's just a little bit
La-dy-ish! Yeah!

Amanda
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby Amanda » Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:38 pm

girls i'm sorry to announce that the situation looks pretty nasty :? we don't expect the situation to resolve before tuesday..being very optimistic. These particles need to be out of the air in order for air traffic to resume..and as some of you have said..that could take weeks if not longer. The situation at the airport is pretty discouraging..there's nothing to do :-/

Let's all pray these ashes are blown away and rainned down very soon :pray:
But if you did I'd hold you tight / Into every single night
And we'd fall asleep together / And we'd wake up in the sunlight
Well, maybe I'm a dreamer / But maybe one day you'll see / That dreams are...

funny schipperke

Postby funny schipperke » Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:43 pm

Well, assuming B & J are still in New Zealand, presumably they wouldn't be able to fly either so.... maybe some shows would be postponed? :dunno:
As long as it's not while my summer class is in session, I would be ok with that, I think. As long as I could change my flight/hotel stuff, that is.
Image Image

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:51 pm

rachel wrote:I know a couple of people who have managed to fly to Scotland and Ireland, and the latest I heard yesterday was that planes could go America way but if they had to go over Europe, but it seems that's changed overnight.
According to weather forecast, there should be rain Monday/Tuesday and winds will pick up to 9mph. :?
After initially being freaked out by this I read that not all flights are grounded and the situation is bad now because the cloud has drifted to cover the UK but it will move, even if it takes a couple days it will leave so I don't feel this is going to be an ongoing problem 2 weeks out.

funny schipperke wrote:Well, assuming B & J are still in New Zealand, presumably they wouldn't be able to fly either so.... maybe some shows would be postponed? :dunno:
I read that NZ flights to Europe are currently grounded. Just speculating but say B&J planned on arriving in Holland a couple of days before the first show, providing that planes can fly I'm sure they will be there & so will I dammit!
Last edited by SheWolf on Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
90% evil
ImageImage

funny schipperke

Postby funny schipperke » Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:55 pm

SheWolf wrote:
rachel wrote:I know a couple of people who have managed to fly to Scotland and Ireland, and the latest I heard yesterday was that planes could go America way but if they had to go over Europe, but it seems that's changed overnight.
After initially being freaked out by this I read that not all flights are grounded and the situation is bad now because the cloud has drifted to cover the UK but it will move, even if it takes a couple days it will leave so I don't feel this is going to be an ongoing problem 2 weeks out.

That's good to hear. That's what I was thinking initially when I first heard of this, cause it's not like my trip is in the super near future, but then I came here and saw others being worried and it made me worry!
Image Image

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:05 pm

Even though this would be affecting European dates I am worried it would somehow affect the CA dates too, cause I'm an anxious freak like that :lol:

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:17 pm

funny schipperke wrote:That's good to hear. That's what I was thinking initially when I first heard of this, cause it's not like my trip is in the super near future, but then I came here and saw others being worried and it made me worry!
I'm insanely skeptical of the news. Not that I don't believe what I see, I am just usually very conscious about the spin angle of them making every news story sound like the end of the world so that you'll keep watching. 2 weeks isn't that far out and though ATM I'm not particularly concerned about the current ash cloud I am concerned about the fallout from this current disruption to air travel and how long that may take it resolve itself and if that would impact us at all.

I'm lazy and don't feel like looking it up but is Eugene opening any Euro dates? I'm seeing him tonight and will discuss the ash cloud with him if need be. LOL.
90% evil
ImageImage

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:20 pm

kellysouthpaw wrote:Even though this would be affecting European dates I am worried it would somehow affect the CA dates too, cause I'm an anxious freak like that :lol:
Ummmm...Kelly, the ashcloud is in Europe, not in the US m'kay? :lol: Okay I see. Maybe there will another eruption at the end of the tour which will prevent FOTC from flying from London to Cali. No worries. I doubt the Euro chicks would mind them sticking around a few extra days. :yawinkle:
90% evil
ImageImage

funny schipperke

Postby funny schipperke » Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:58 pm

The New York Times has this handy map that shows what airports/areas are affected by the smoke monster:

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2010 ... aphic.html
Image Image

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:05 pm

The smoke monster- he he. Smokey! That's a very handy map. How ironic that the Iceland airport is actually open and has some flight going and that some flights to North America are going. That's good news. I was just listening the radio and the band that was supposed to be in the studio playing weren't able to fly - I think they were from Sweden. I read something about flight patterns needing to be creatively altered. It would be great if they could redirect flights and still get into the airports. Okay I've obsessed enough about this for one day. I must start getting ready for some comedy from Todd and Eugene tonight.
90% evil
ImageImage

Venus
She did indeed have the time of her life

Postby Venus » Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:41 pm

I guess all we can do is let nature take its course and hope for the best! I really hope FOTC and everyone else travelling throughout the tour aren't affected. :pray:

Have fun at Eugene and Todd's show, SW! If you get the chance, you could ask if either of them will be replacing Kristen on the European tour since her replacement hasn't been announced yet.
For the latest Bret & Jemaine related news updates:
'Like' What The Folk! on Facebook
&
Follow What The Folk! on Twitter

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:08 pm

Just got home.....let me add my prayers to the happy and friendly Icelandic Gods of the Volcano.....

I worry about continuing ash spewing and the possibility of the other, bigger one going off. :shock: If I lived in the vicinity I'd be getting out of Dodge.

Since I've been to practically no concerts outside of FOTC...what would happen if they were grounded and shows had to be rescheduled? Would the venues stay the same? Would you just get a refund? What about plane tix already bought? Uhhhhhhhh.....just thinking about it makes my stomach hurt.

Positivity!! That's not going to happen!!

Have fun tonight, SW. I wouldn't be surprised if they work that ash cloud into their bits, lol.
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

vmh
Crying tears of a rapper

Postby vmh » Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:26 am

LauraK wrote:Just got home.....let me add my prayers to the happy and friendly Icelandic Gods of the Volcano.....

I worry about continuing ash spewing and the possibility of the other, bigger one going off. :shock: If I lived in the vicinity I'd be getting out of Dodge.

Since I've been to practically no concerts outside of FOTC...what would happen if they were grounded and shows had to be rescheduled? Would the venues stay the same? Would you just get a refund? What about plane tix already bought? Uhhhhhhhh.....just thinking about it makes my stomach hurt.

Positivity!! That's not going to happen!!

Have fun tonight, SW. I wouldn't be surprised if they work that ash cloud into their bits, lol.

We would most likely get a refund on our tickets and purchase them again once another date has been set, if another date is set.

With plane tickets, the airline would probably give you credit to use on another flight.
James Bobin: “It’s like a five-year-old and a three-year-old. Jemaine’s the five-year-old, and Bret’s the three-year-old. They’re both wrong, but the five-year-old thinks he’s right.”

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:33 am

I would just worry that the "new date" would not jive with my college schedule. I am most worried that FOTC will be stranded IN Europe :?

Return to “2010 Tour Archives”