UAS Support Group

A little cosy corner for our uke players to gather. Be you potential, beginner, intermediate or world expert on uke playing, this is the place for you.

Please note this forum has now been closed and posts can no longer be made to it.
closet jemainiac

Re: UAS Support Group

Postby closet jemainiac » Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:26 am

there's various DIY humidifier vids on youtube....using pez dispensers, altoid tins, and various other things (drill holes, add wet, green gardening sponge= uke case humidifier)

I have the stuff, but I have yet to actually make it and use it. I really should have one for my guitar....I think Im holding out until Brett gets a piano. Then he will buy a fancy humidifier for it and I can just put my instruments in the same room.... :D

SecretCheri
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby SecretCheri » Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:01 am

LauraK wrote:kipples, if you go back to page 9 in this thread, you can see pics of SecretCheri's travel uke. :D

I love my travel uke :) It has been great taking it back and forth on the planes...I will probably take it to LA in May! I'm looking forward to jamming out (and maybe even having it signed by Bret if I'm lucky :shock:). So excited!!

ItsAllRyche
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby ItsAllRyche » Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:06 am

Great idea Cheri!! I can't wait to hear you gals! I hope you get it signed, that would be so special! :rock:
[img]Arj-Barker-Banner-arj-barker-230459_800_100[/img]

kipples

Postby kipples » Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:07 am

It is gorgeous SC.

Would you not recommend traveling with a regular uke or is it just a space saving thing?

I did consider bringing my uke to the Dublin shows to possibly get it signed but I'm afraid it would break in the crush! :D

SecretCheri
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby SecretCheri » Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:48 am

kipples wrote:It is gorgeous SC.

Would you not recommend traveling with a regular uke or is it just a space saving thing?

I did consider bringing my uke to the Dublin shows to possibly get it signed but I'm afraid it would break in the crush! :D

Thank you :) I used to travel with my regular uke, but I always put it in my carry on bag (sort of hanging out the top of a not-quite-zipped-up backpack). It's just been a lot easier with a travel uke, as I can fit other things in my carry on bag now :lol: I've never tried checking my instrument with the luggage, I just don't trust it.

If you can find a way to bring your uke, you should!!

kipples

Postby kipples » Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:57 pm

SecretCheri wrote:I've never tried checking my instrument with the luggage, I just don't trust it.

Oh hell no! I wouldn't even dream of leaving my Sherry in the hands of "throwers" :hrmpf: !

SecretCheri wrote:If you can find a way to bring your uke, you should!!

I must be so easily influenced (or sleep deprived, I'm going through a whole insomniac phase at the mo. Awake over 29 hrs), but now I don't see anything wrong with bringing my uke to Dublin :D. Does magic marker stick to wood or would it just wipe off straight away?

Just want to say as well that last night, I met up with 2 other uke players for a jam/practice. I was going to ask them for their help on the Bus Drivers Song chords and the younger of the 2 guys piped up saying that he's going to the 6th May gig :D
Then when he was getting ready to go (me and the other guy stayed a bit longer), we spoke a little more about FotC, then he said he had to try something before he left, whipped his guitar out that he had with him, and started to play Most Beautiful Girl! With me singing! If it wasn't wonderful enough to be singing that in front of just two other people, when I finished the 4 old men at the bar.....clapped. :wink:
Does that count as a gig?

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:11 pm

Yes! Yes it does! :clap:
I'm still uncomfortable playing in front of Tom, lol. I'm pretty self-conscious, so major props to you! I bet it was a blast. :D
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

closet jemainiac

Postby closet jemainiac » Thu May 06, 2010 1:50 am

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Thu May 06, 2010 2:30 am

Ooooo, you're after a baritone, eh? Niiice! :rock:
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

closet jemainiac

Postby closet jemainiac » Thu May 06, 2010 2:31 am

Not sure yet, but it sure is pretty.... :)

stephv27
Half a shapely halibut

Postby stephv27 » Thu May 06, 2010 6:31 am

Was this UAS triggered by a certain bespectacled musical comedian who is currently on tour? :wink:
You'd have to be deaf to hear that.

biscuit
Give me some scruff and a leather jacket...or just the scruff

Postby biscuit » Thu May 06, 2010 9:45 am

Cute :nod:

You're not going for a bass then? :wink:

When I get a job (again) I'm buying the pocket uke :D
Thanks to Ariadne at RAC for my gorgeous new avi :-)

closet jemainiac

Postby closet jemainiac » Thu May 06, 2010 2:05 pm

stephv27 wrote:Was this UAS triggered by a certain bespectacled musical comedian who is currently on tour? :wink:

mayhaps... :yawinkle:

closet jemainiac

Postby closet jemainiac » Thu May 06, 2010 2:07 pm

biscuit wrote:Cute :nod:

You're not going for a bass then? :wink:

When I get a job (again) I'm buying the pocket uke :D

probably not... My next one will either be a baritone or tenor...and if I ever get the boys to sign my concert.....I'll get a new concert too... :P

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Thu May 06, 2010 4:36 pm

I'd like a pocket uke, biscuit, but I think it's too small for my big, fat hands!

Though I think it'd be awesome to show one off to the guys ;) And it'd fit in my purse and would fit just about 3 signatures ;) If they weren't $200-$250, and if the guys were being more consistent with their m&g's so far, I might get one just so it's easier to carry around in my purse and I can put it up easier to display afterward ;)

Return to “Uke players corner”