2010 European Tour Dates Announced!!!

The place where all the 2010 European (and US) Tour threads are now moved to. If it's not there, it's here ;)
Amanda
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Re: 2010 European Tour Dates Announced!!!

Postby Amanda » Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:56 pm

AMEN, Laura!
But if you did I'd hold you tight / Into every single night
And we'd fall asleep together / And we'd wake up in the sunlight
Well, maybe I'm a dreamer / But maybe one day you'll see / That dreams are...

Venus
She did indeed have the time of her life

Postby Venus » Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:32 pm

LauraK wrote:I'm sure this won't be a popular opinion, but IF they'd gone ahead and flown and even 1 plane crashed due to ash/rock/heat/whatever killing its engines, then hundreds of people could be dead and everyone would be outraged that they were allowed to fly.
They may have gone a bit overboard but this is one instance where erring on the side of caution was a good thing.
I'd much rather be held up and inconvenienced in another country than praying for a fast and painless death as my plane falls from the sky.

That being said, I hope the worst is over and all the people who were stuck in airports and cities they didn't intend to visit get home asap! :)

And I reallyreally hope this doesn't affect FOTC shows!

I completely agree. :nod:
For the latest Bret & Jemaine related news updates:
'Like' What The Folk! on Facebook
&
Follow What The Folk! on Twitter

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:58 pm

LauraK wrote:IF they'd gone ahead and flown and even 1 plane crashed due to ash/rock/heat/whatever killing its engines, then hundreds of people could be dead and everyone would be outraged that they were allowed to fly.
Yes and I'm sure that's what influenced their decision. It was just frustrating that a few days in it still seemed like no one was in charge of providing information or making decisions.

Now let's marvel at the sucker. It's amazing. (what are those big round things on the ground in photo 2?)

http://www.boston.com/bigpicture/2010/0 ... okull.html
90% evil
ImageImage

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:21 am

SW wrote:(what are those big round things on the ground in photo 2?)

:geek: I believe there used to be snow on the ground and they decided to make snowmen. They rolled all of those balls of snow, but then were distracted by the volcano, and were then too depressed to build snowmen. So there they lay. :geek:

I have no idea, really. :worry:

Those are great photos. I can't tell you how beautiful I find nature's fury, be it volcanoes, the hypnotic flow of lava, tornadoes, storms, lightning, etc. The lightning in the ash clouds is so gorgeous.

What would scare me most if I lived near a volcano would be the possibility of a pyroclastic flow. :shock: Anyone remember the footage from Monserrat? Or seeing what was left of the people in Pompeii? Terrifying.

Amanda, is that you in #31? ;) And I love the ones with the horses, especially the man bringing his 2 home after thinking them gone. :) You can tell he loves his horses!

Those are some of the best pics I've seen, Sw. Thanks for that link.
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:28 am

Some of those photos make me regret not going to Iceland when a friend practically begged me to go with her a few years back. The trip was dirt cheap and I love Bjork as much as the next person but nothing else really grabbed me. She came back with so many amazing photographs of glaciers and natural hot springs. The landscape it pretty unique.
90% evil
ImageImage

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:52 am

It does look really beautiful there...

When I think of Bjork I think of a particularly awful thing I saw once on video. But here's definitely not the place to recount it.
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

biscuit
Give me some scruff and a leather jacket...or just the scruff

Postby biscuit » Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:59 am

Awesome pictures! When you see glow of lava and the lightning inside the black smoke billowing out of the mountain there's no wonder people of the past believed in gods and deamons. In fact a lot of people are still quite superstitious in Iceland today. Quite a few actually believe in elves :)

My friend, a child researcher, went to Iceland for a seminary of some kind, and she was offered to stay a few days in an Icelandic woman's cabin in the countryside. This woman was also an academic, but she made sure to let my friend know that there were elves living near the cabin! My friend is an atheist and does not believe in anything she can't sense or measure. She was shocked to say the least :lol:
Thanks to Ariadne at RAC for my gorgeous new avi :-)

AdminBot

Postby AdminBot » Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:09 pm

Big fat :topic:

Volcano/flying/not flying convo can be discussed in more detail elsewhere on the forum.

biscuit
Give me some scruff and a leather jacket...or just the scruff

Postby biscuit » Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:27 pm

I know, I know :worry:

So....less than a month till Bergen!!! :supz: :cheer: :whitey:
Thanks to Ariadne at RAC for my gorgeous new avi :-)

Return to “2010 Tour Archives”