Concerts

Everything else you can poke a stick at. And then some.
vmh
Crying tears of a rapper

Re: Concerts

Postby vmh » Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:38 am

I'd like to give my input but my knowledge of LCD Soundsystem is limited to:

1. James Murphy (at least I know his name, right?)
2. Aziz Ansari and James are pals
3. Daft Punk is Playing At My House
4. Losing My Edge

But I hope you have a great time, SuzyBatt!
Last edited by vmh on Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
James Bobin: “It’s like a five-year-old and a three-year-old. Jemaine’s the five-year-old, and Bret’s the three-year-old. They’re both wrong, but the five-year-old thinks he’s right.”

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:24 pm

I just discovered this thread so allow me to go back and say I'm supremely jealous of Sherry for having seen Jeff Buckley and anyone who has seen The Pixies.

I've seen so many concerts they are all a blur to me know but I'm pretty sure my first concert was Adam Ant. He danced in a vat of water.
90% evil
ImageImage

Panda..ness
Consistently Mediocre

Postby Panda..ness » Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:32 pm

In the next month im trying to go & see:
Paloma Faith, The Horrors (at this little festival so ill see other bands too) Florence and the machine (if i can ever find cheap tickets) & FOTC obviously :)
also ive signed up to try get radio 1s big weekend tickets so if im lucky ill be going to that too!

Why did i get double stuffed?

LikeACurry
Consistently Mediocre

Postby LikeACurry » Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:10 am

Saw Muse about a month ago, absolutely amazing. I'm officially obsessed with them now :prayer:
Next month- Breaking Benjamin (with Nickelback as headliner :roll: )

SheWolf wrote:I just discovered this thread so allow me to go back and say I'm supremely jealous of Sherry for having seen Jeff Buckley and anyone who has seen The Pixies.

Ditto
Oh, it was always "Bowie's bumped into a door..."
ImageImageImage

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:26 am

Curry, I detest Nickelback. That said, I don't know any of Breaking Benjamin's stuff so I can't say anything about them :dunno:. But if I were a fan of them, and were going to see them and Nickelback were the headliner. I'd probably see BB open, and then leave once Nickelback took the stage. That's how much I detest them :lol:.

But have fun seeing BB! :yay:

I've only seen a few concerts: My first was Weezer when I was 13. My second was a Beatles Tribute Band. I see them every year though so it's no big thing, really. I love them though, they're phenomenal (They're called '1964: The Tribute'), and then FOTC, obviously.

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:04 pm

Why the hate for Nickleback, Kelly? My cousin detests them, too. :) Would your answer be something like what is written here: http://www.shoutmouth.com/index.php/new ... Nickelback ?
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

vmh
Crying tears of a rapper

Postby vmh » Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:08 pm

Never made it as a wise man
I couldn't cut it as a poor man stealin'...
James Bobin: “It’s like a five-year-old and a three-year-old. Jemaine’s the five-year-old, and Bret’s the three-year-old. They’re both wrong, but the five-year-old thinks he’s right.”

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:17 pm

kellysouthpaw wrote:Curry, I detest Nickelback.
My loathing for Nickelback knows no bounds, made worse by their constant rotation on the radio. I make it a point to always dramatically turn off the radio the minute I hear that god awful voice.

Edit: I had no idea that I was part of a large group of haters. :lol:
90% evil
ImageImage

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:47 pm

It's because all of their songs sound EXACTLY the same. I think they only know 3 chords, honestly. And in the same order :roll: It'd be nice also if they let someone else sing.

There's a facebook group I'm a part of that is like "A million against Nickelback" or something like that. So yes, there's a bunch of us, SW. :lol:

vmh
Crying tears of a rapper

Postby vmh » Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:49 pm

kellysouthpaw wrote:There's a facebook group I'm a part of that is like "A million against Nickelback" or something like that. So yes, there's a bunch of us, SW. :lol:

I am fond of the "Can this pickle get more fans than Nickelback?" group. :lol:

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:53 pm

kellysouthpaw wrote: It'd be nice also if they let someone else sing.

There's a facebook group I'm a part of that is like "A million against Nickelback" or something like that. So yes, there's a bunch of us, SW. :lol:
I think the music is awful but the voice is god awful and I'm sure that's not his real singing voice either. He makes it extra graggly coz he thinks it's cool. :roll: Haha, I'll have to join this group.
90% evil
ImageImage

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:07 pm

I don't hate em but to me they're just a run-of-the-mill pop-rock group whose songs can be catchy and then turn into horribly redundant things that you just don't want to hear any more. They're overplayed, that's for sure.

Check this out:

Though Nickelback has not released a statement regarding their defeat by the deli staple, according to a Daily Swarm screencap, lead singer Chad Kroeger has contacted the creator of the page. He sent a curt note that simply said "your page will be closing in 2 weeks," to which the creator responded "I still whooped your ass, Chad! :)"

:lol: :supz:

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainmen ... ses_o.html

I've barely been to any concerts. Nckelback certainly isn't on my list.

I'd love to see Moody Blues but the flute dude left..... :( I'd kill to see Led Zep but, well...... :( AC/DC one day, maybe....Tom and I'd both love that. FOTC again.....I can hope! :)

I do plan to see Jake Shimibukuro at the DIA! :)
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

LikeACurry
Consistently Mediocre

Postby LikeACurry » Sat May 01, 2010 7:28 am

The night I see Breaking Benjamin (....with Nickelback as headliner :roll: :roll: ) is the night FOTC is in Vegas & I'm already wishing I could be at the Vegas show :(
I'm not a fan of Nickelback at all, but I do like Breaking Benjamin and they rarely tour Canada. Plus my sister (who loves Nickelback :puzzled:) begged me to get floor tickets. I dunno maybe all the pyro they have in their show will distract me enough so I don't have to hear Chad's terrible singing :lol:
Oh, it was always "Bowie's bumped into a door..."
ImageImageImage

Red
Getting lewd with the food

Postby Red » Sun May 02, 2010 2:48 am

I saw The Dead Weather last night! They were flipping AMAZING! I have a slight passionate love for Jack White so I was in a very happy place! :D

mockingbird
Thinks it's hot the way he looks left a lot

Postby mockingbird » Sun May 02, 2010 2:53 am

I'm cracking up at the pickle thing. :lol:

LauraK wrote:II'd love to see Moody Blues but the flute dude left..... :( I'd kill to see Led Zep but, well...... :( AC/DC one day, maybe....Tom and I'd both love that.

You're such an old school rocker, Laura! :supz:

Return to “Off topic rambles”