Flight of the Conchords 2010 Euro Poster Series - Done

The place where all the 2010 European (and US) Tour threads are now moved to. If it's not there, it's here ;)
Venus
She did indeed have the time of her life

Re: Flight of the Conchords 2010 Euro Poster Series - Done

Postby Venus » Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:57 pm

Last year, DKNG's poster design were made into magnets. I hope the same happens for Kevin Tong's poster for the May 4th Amsterdam show. They'd be great as magnets as well. :)
For the latest Bret & Jemaine related news updates:
'Like' What The Folk! on Facebook
&
Follow What The Folk! on Twitter

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:00 pm

If they do, I will sooooo be buying them! IIRC, they were only $5 as well. Very cost effective magnets :nod:

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:11 pm

Though the May 4th poster is oodles better than the May 3rd I'm still not convinced that I love it or need to purchase it. Hmmmm... :hrm:
90% evil
ImageImage

Venus

Postby Venus » Sat May 01, 2010 12:05 am

Out of the shows I'm going to, I'm definitely going to buy the Birmingham one. It looks plain compared the the others but I like its simplicity and the hatching birds in the music note are so cute. :) I really want the the May 11th, Manchester, May 16th, London and The May 6th, Dublin posters. The May 14th, Glasgow poster is still great too. I wish Jemaine's likeness was better in the May 25th, London poster. Bret's face is spot on though and I like the arrows in his shoulder in reference to the BBC radio show. :lol:

Could someone please explain what may have been the thought process behind the May 17th, London design? :lol:
&

eorious
Consistently Mediocre

Postby eorious » Sat May 01, 2010 12:41 am

closet jemainiac wrote:Femident Jemaine kinda reminds me of the Grinch..... :lol:

Totally. And Femident Bret is a bit zombie-like... :lol: Too much pink makeup, I think. But I love the concept of that poster. What a wonderfully bizarre idea.

I must own May 4 and May 6. And maybe a couple others too..... I hope these go on sale online after the tour. :nod:

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Sat May 01, 2010 12:49 am

May 4 as another magnet set will make me very happy! :D
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

Venus

Postby Venus » Sat May 01, 2010 1:51 am

From the designer of the May 4th Amsterdam poster, Kevin Tong:

I Told You I Was Freaky… for Flight of the Conchords!
by admin on April 30, 2010

This is a first look at my newest poster for Flight of the Conchords. I had so much fun working on it because I had to watch the series over and over again to nail all the props. I think this might have been the most time consuming poster I have worked on or at least in the top five.

Here be some data:
The poster is 18 x 24 inches on steel gray French Cover Paper, 100 lb. screen printed with five colors. The posters will be available in a separate edition for the show first (In Amsterdam) and my edition has yet to be determined, but it will be small, 80 or less. Mine will be on sale on my website in around late May.

The fun doesn’t stop here, nooooooo. In addition to having a prop or costume from almost every episode, these posters have an additional dimension of fun. When cut along the red dashed lines, every prop and costume fits on their respective characters. You can even mix and match some, i.e., hybrid Humans Are Dead and Ladies of the World.

I can’t wait to play with my own poster. There, I said it, and yes, I meant it.

Source
&

4everconchordsfan
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby 4everconchordsfan » Sat May 01, 2010 1:56 am

kipples wrote:God I love the Manchester may 12th one!

It compiles two of my favourite things: The Beatles and Flight of the Conchords :D

Kipples I totally agree, it is a bit of Yellow Submarine & just mentioned to Eorious that there seems to be a bit of reference to Georges Seurat's A Sunday on La Grande Jatte.
Last edited by 4everconchordsfan on Sat May 01, 2010 2:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
"they're my celebrities, they're what I care about"

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Sat May 01, 2010 2:02 am

Venus wrote:From the designer of the May 4th Amsterdam poster, Kevin Tong:

I Told You I Was Freaky… for Flight of the Conchords!
by admin on April 30, 2010

This is a first look at my newest poster for Flight of the Conchords. I had so much fun working on it because I had to watch the series over and over again to nail all the props. I think this might have been the most time consuming poster I have worked on or at least in the top five.

Here be some data:
The poster is 18 x 24 inches on steel gray French Cover Paper, 100 lb. screen printed with five colors. The posters will be available in a separate edition for the show first (In Amsterdam) and my edition has yet to be determined, but it will be small, 80 or less. Mine will be on sale on my website in around late May.

The fun doesn’t stop here, nooooooo. In addition to having a prop or costume from almost every episode, these posters have an additional dimension of fun. When cut along the red dashed lines, every prop and costume fits on their respective characters. You can even mix and match some, i.e., hybrid Humans Are Dead and Ladies of the World.

I can’t wait to play with my own poster. There, I said it, and yes, I meant it.

Source

MUST. HAVE. :nod:

mockingbird
Thinks it's hot the way he looks left a lot

Postby mockingbird » Sat May 01, 2010 2:19 am

These posters are all so great -some are kind of weird but still, they're all so original and awesome. I love the Yellow Submarine one, and the musical notes one, and the one with Bret and Jemaine on the motorcycle/sidecar is cool too. Oh and the double decker bus... paper dolls... I just think it's so cool that FOTC does this, a different poster for every show. They're so fabulous. :heart: :thumb:

jillbean
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby jillbean » Sat May 01, 2010 2:20 am

Amanda wrote:Can i just say that all of them look very weird to me.. except for the Manchester 5/11 ..which i really like :heart:

I concur!

closet jemainiac

Postby closet jemainiac » Sat May 01, 2010 3:16 am

Must. have. paper. doll. poster.

Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby Sherry » Sat May 01, 2010 2:12 pm

Cross posting as it was an interesting note

Someone just pointed out that the bus in the Hammersmith poster isn't left hand drive. And you know what, they are right. As soon as I took another look at it I saw it was wrong. Discount where the steering wheel is, the steps, if the bus is heading the direction its in, would be on the far side of the bus next to the pavement. They are on the wrong side. So can only mean the driver is also :lol: :rolleyes:

Its been done by someone who drives the other side of the road methinks :worry:

@MsEmmaMorgan on Twitter pointed it out 8)

Venus

Postby Venus » Sat May 01, 2010 6:57 pm

:doh: Oh no, I completely missed that.

ETA: I just read on his website that he was born in the UK but seems to be based in Cali. Interesting... :lol:
&

biscuit
Give me some scruff and a leather jacket...or just the scruff

Postby biscuit » Sat May 01, 2010 6:59 pm

I didn't even spot that, but then again I do drive on the right side of the road :)

I did e-mail the guy who made the Oslo poster to tip him about the spelling mistake though, and today I received a very nice reply :D He thanked me profusely for pointing the error out and had corrected it in (what he hoped would be) time before they went to print it. I feel I've done my bit for the tour now :lol:
Thanks to Ariadne at RAC for my gorgeous new avi :-)

Return to “2010 Tour Archives”