3 & 4 May - Amsterdam (European Tour 2010)

The place where all the 2010 European (and US) Tour threads are now moved to. If it's not there, it's here ;)
Sherry
Professional Blonde

Re: 03 MAY AMSTERDAM (European Tour 2010)

Postby Sherry » Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:16 am

mockingbird wrote:I wanna be trapped on a plane for 8 hours with Bret and Jemaine. :drool: Wow, I can't even imagine what a fool I'd make of myself at some point during that flight, lol.

Except they'd probably not be in cattle class and you'd never know they were on the plane :P :roll:

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:18 pm

I guess they arrive Friday am, 2 days before us. Hopefully they'll wait to do the big flea market until Sunday so we can shop for cheesy trinkets with them. :P Oh they are going to be there for Koninginnedag! Don't get too wild guys and wait to take the romantic nighttime canal cruise until the blonde and the redhead arrive. :waggle: (Jemaine will love it, I think there is unlimited free cheese!)

I'd let Jemaine sit next to me on the plane, providing he doesn't snore.

I had one long epic dream about being in Europe and being completely disorganized about everything, losing my key, can't find the place to change money, missing breakfast at the hotel, friends going off without me, not knowing what to wear. So that's it. I'm up early and I'm doing the dreaded test pack. :nails:
90% evil
ImageImage

mockingbird
Thinks it's hot the way he looks left a lot

Postby mockingbird » Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:05 pm

Sherry wrote:Except they'd probably not be in cattle class and you'd never know they were on the plane :P :roll:

And why do you assume I'd be in "cattle class"? :hrmpf: (I totally would be but that's beside the point.) :lol: ;) Besides - word gets around on an airplane, if there was someone famous in first class I'm sure I'd hear about it. There's only so much that blue curtain can hide, lol. Then it's just a simple matter of knocking one of the flight attendants unconscious, stealing her uniform, and barricading myself in first class with the beverage cart. See, I've got it all worked out. ;)

mockingbird
Thinks it's hot the way he looks left a lot

Postby mockingbird » Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:09 pm

SheWolf wrote:I had one long epic dream about being in Europe and being completely disorganized about everything, losing my key, can't find the place to change money, missing breakfast at the hotel, friends going off without me, not knowing what to wear. So that's it. I'm up early and I'm doing the dreaded test pack. :nails:

Ugh, those dreams are THE WORST. :hug: I'm sure the trip will go smoothly and you and Jemaine will be sharing free cheese in the moonlight before you know it.

closet jemainiac

Postby closet jemainiac » Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:22 pm

mockingbird wrote:And why do you assume I'd be in "cattle class"? :hrmpf: (I totally would be but that's beside the point.) :lol: ;) Besides - word gets around on an airplane, if there was someone famous in first class I'm sure I'd hear about it. There's only so much that blue curtain can hide, lol. Then it's just a simple matter of knocking one of the flight attendants unconscious, stealing her uniform, and barricading myself in first class with the beverage cart. See, I've got it all worked out. ;)

:lol:

Even if they did try to be sneaky and get on the plane last (After all us "cattle class" folks pass the first class folks on our way to the back)...word would get around...

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:22 pm

Oh what a lovely image mock. :)

If there is a recognizable figure on the plane people will surely seem them. It's pretty cramped quarters & there's no hiding or you could see them in the waiting area. Johnny Rotten was sitting in the waiting area with us on my first trip to England. We chatted with him about lord knows what. Turns out he had the seat in front of me (the last seat in first class, I was the first seat in coach, the bulkhead, coz I had a knee immobilizer on and needed room for my leg to stretch out). He saw me as he was sitting down and said "I see the girl with the broken leg got a good seat." :lol:
90% evil
ImageImage

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:42 pm

Johnny not-so-rotten. 8)

Cool story.

I hate those kinds of dreams.....it's all about worries that'll turn out to be unfounded though. :) Hope the test-pack went well.

mock, I like how you think, girl. :thumb:
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:47 pm

LauraK wrote: Hope the test-pack went well.
It's going on, things are laid out. Little plastic bottles are being filled. Does clear purple plastic work or will the security nazis only allow clear plastic? I think I know the answer to that question. Fudge!
90% evil
ImageImage

indigo_jones
That's Mrs. Indigo Jones-McKenzie to you

Postby indigo_jones » Sat May 01, 2010 6:17 am

Safe travels to you all! I can´t believe the guys chose to arrive actually on Queen´s Day. Madness!

Oh, and apologies to those of you arriving this weekend. It´s probably going to look a mess, because a lot of the street cleaners and garbage removal workers went on strike yesterday.
"It was a hilarious, hilarious moment in a very bleak, bleak time of my life."

Happiness is Bret-Shaped.

"The forecast for Jemaine today is clean-shaven with a chance of stubble. Scattered stubble throughout the week, resulting in a 60% chance of beard early next week." - mohumbhai mania

4everconchordsfan
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby 4everconchordsfan » Sat May 01, 2010 2:08 pm

They have arrived Amsterdam safely.

Just saw this tweet:

RT @bicyclemark: Jemaine from the conchords just spotted in vondelpark riding a bike. (via @AliBess) Vondelpark is in Amsterdam btw.

Hey SW, Nonchers & Secret Cheri get your bikes and head out to Vondelpark! Haha.
"they're my celebrities, they're what I care about"

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Sat May 01, 2010 2:18 pm

I think that may be the big park across from our hotel but I'm not sure.
90% evil
ImageImage

indigo_jones
That's Mrs. Indigo Jones-McKenzie to you

Postby indigo_jones » Sat May 01, 2010 3:03 pm

Heh. That was me sort of. I´m AliBess and my friend is bicyclemark. Suddenly I wish I lived in Amsterdam. I think the guys should take a side trip to Utrecht. :wink: :wink:
"It was a hilarious, hilarious moment in a very bleak, bleak time of my life."

Happiness is Bret-Shaped.

"The forecast for Jemaine today is clean-shaven with a chance of stubble. Scattered stubble throughout the week, resulting in a 60% chance of beard early next week." - mohumbhai mania

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Sat May 01, 2010 3:52 pm

I've been informed that that is the park across from our hotel. Suh-weet!
90% evil
ImageImage

closet jemainiac

Postby closet jemainiac » Sat May 01, 2010 4:18 pm

Are you gonna die and go to heaven if it turns out that they are staying in the same hotel? I think I would.... :lol:

Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby Sherry » Sat May 01, 2010 4:25 pm

SheWolf wrote:I've been informed that that is the park across from our hotel. Suh-weet!

Its very near to the centre. Its a very long park, lots of ponds, green areas and trees. But does have a cafe in the centre to people watch from 8)

Return to “2010 Tour Archives”