3 & 4 May - Amsterdam (European Tour 2010)

The place where all the 2010 European (and US) Tour threads are now moved to. If it's not there, it's here ;)
SheWolf
Boom King!

Re: 03 MAY AMSTERDAM (European Tour 2010)

Postby SheWolf » Sat May 01, 2010 4:33 pm

I think that there are a lot of hotels in the area but it is close to Melkweg so you never know...

I'm bummed that the weather is potentially crummy for Sun & Mon. Not good for leisurely bike riding or hanging out in parks to people watch. :(

:supz: http://twitter.com/mattdshane
90% evil
ImageImage

Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby Sherry » Sat May 01, 2010 6:38 pm

There are *loads* of hotels in the area. Everything from the big brand ones to the smaller guest house type and everything in between.

Amsterdam centre has a very village like feel. I really can't explain it but its not large and you often run into people when out and about there. However, it is also a place to easily lose someone in a crowd :lol:

The Vondelpark is the main park in the centre of the city. It is literally about 2 minutes walk to the Leidesplein and from there a couple of minutes (or less) to the Melkweg. But if you are staying at the far end of the park, its a 20-30 minute walk to the above. Depends which end or where along the middle you are staying. I love the area round the #2 tram line down the side of the park. Some gorgeous houses backing on to it. Not far from where I used to live either.

biscuit
Give me some scruff and a leather jacket...or just the scruff

Postby biscuit » Sat May 01, 2010 6:54 pm

Am I the only one who reads Vondelpark as 'fondlepark'? Sounds like a great place :lol:
Thanks to Ariadne at RAC for my gorgeous new avi :-)

LauraK
Boom King!

Re: 3 & 4 May - Amsterdam (European Tour 2010)

Postby LauraK » Sat May 01, 2010 9:26 pm

It sounds really wonderful all around- I hope the weather cooperates! :pray:

"fondlepark..." :lol: Be careful in there when it gets dark....
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby Sherry » Sat May 01, 2010 9:40 pm

biscuit wrote:Am I the only one who reads Vondelpark as 'fondlepark'? Sounds like a great place :lol:

No you are not. But in Dutch it doesn't mean the same thing :P Its named after a famous Dutch poet.

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Sun May 02, 2010 6:50 pm

Just a quick hey to say we are here, the weather is unbearably cold rainy and sucky and I will be hitting the H&M by the hotel first thing tomorrow in the hopes of being able to buy a heavy sweater or preferably a parka. We scoped Melkweg in a downpour. It's basically one street away from out hotel.
90% evil
ImageImage

Venus
She did indeed have the time of her life

Postby Venus » Sun May 02, 2010 6:53 pm

:yay: I'm glad both of you arrived safely! Sorry to hear about the weather. I hope the weather picks up for the rest of your stay. :)
For the latest Bret & Jemaine related news updates:
'Like' What The Folk! on Facebook
&
Follow What The Folk! on Twitter

indigo_jones
That's Mrs. Indigo Jones-McKenzie to you

Postby indigo_jones » Sun May 02, 2010 9:11 pm

I think tomorrow is supposed to be lousy still, but Tuesday is looking good. Not super warm, but at least sunny. That could change, though. ;)
"It was a hilarious, hilarious moment in a very bleak, bleak time of my life."

Happiness is Bret-Shaped.

"The forecast for Jemaine today is clean-shaven with a chance of stubble. Scattered stubble throughout the week, resulting in a 60% chance of beard early next week." - mohumbhai mania

mockingbird
Thinks it's hot the way he looks left a lot

Postby mockingbird » Sun May 02, 2010 9:14 pm

Glad you made it there safely! :thumb: Sorry about the sucky weather.

Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby Sherry » Sun May 02, 2010 9:30 pm

SheWolf wrote:Just a quick hey to say we are here, the weather is unbearably cold rainy and sucky and I will be hitting the H&M by the hotel first thing tomorrow in the hopes of being able to buy a heavy sweater or preferably a parka. We scoped Melkweg in a downpour. It's basically one street away from out hotel.

Shame though I thought it might be on the chilly side there.

Anyways H&M will see you right. Or try Vroom & Dreesmann on the Kalverstraat. Or one of any down that main street.

closet jemainiac

Postby closet jemainiac » Sun May 02, 2010 9:51 pm

SheWolf wrote:Just a quick hey to say we are here, the weather is unbearably cold rainy and sucky and I will be hitting the H&M by the hotel first thing tomorrow in the hopes of being able to buy a heavy sweater or preferably a parka. We scoped Melkweg in a downpour. It's basically one street away from out hotel.

Glad you made it, SW. I would say poor SW and company for having such crappy weather, but you're gonna see Jemaine upclose and personal tomorrow. So I dont feel too sorry for you. :P

Have fun!!! :supz:

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Sun May 02, 2010 11:08 pm

Glad you made it safely! Sorry to hear about the yucky weather :?

ItsAllRyche
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby ItsAllRyche » Sun May 02, 2010 11:25 pm

So glad to hear that you are safe and sound. And I so hope you get a parka or something for rain.

I bet though, it is still beautiful. Yeah Jemaine will make it all better!!
[img]Arj-Barker-Banner-arj-barker-230459_800_100[/img]

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Sun May 02, 2010 11:33 pm

I was hoping to hear from one of you that you made it safely and the weather was great.....well, one of the two isn't bad. :)

By now I hope you have a parka that will see you comfortably through the ucky weather, SW. It may end up a favorite, especially if it's what you're wearing in your pic with Jemaine. :D

Hi nonch!! Hi SecretCheri!! Hi Indy!! :wave:

Checking in here is most appreciated. :) Have a blast sight-seeing! Have you seen any places they might do an impromptu couple of songs at?
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

SecretCheri
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby SecretCheri » Mon May 03, 2010 12:05 am

Sadly it is not me in Amsterdam with them, it is my sister. I am stuck here studying, but I am seriously looking forward to my west coast concerts later this month!! :D

Return to “2010 Tour Archives”