2010 Tour - A few ground rules within - Please read

The place where all the 2010 European (and US) Tour threads are now moved to. If it's not there, it's here ;)
Sherry
Professional Blonde

2010 Tour - A few ground rules within - Please read

Postby Sherry » Sat May 01, 2010 2:57 pm

Hello. Yes its that time again. Yet another Conchords tour :roll: :worry: Only this time its over here, over there, down there, right up there and back over there. And nipping back this way a tiny bit but still over there. :rolleyes:

Now I've cleared that up, the serious stuff. Rules. :purple:

We are posting these as the last tour was exhausting trying to keep up with the amount of pics, posts and chatter. Since then the forum has had a big rewrite of its general forum rules and we don't want a repeat of some of the stuff that happened last tour as it was a bit crazy to cope with. So we've hashed this lot together for you all :)

Posting ground rules

1) Photos that are not your own to be credited (name only will suffice, we don't always need linkage) where possible please. And to keep within size limits of general forum rules. Pics that are too large will be removed. No editing by mods, just deleted.

2) Any pics from a gig are to be posted in the relavent gig thread. We ask that if there are more than 5 in your post that you then please link to your Flickr/Imageshack or othe image hosting page rather than continue to post masses of pics in a thread. Please do not requote them overly especially if still on the same page of the thread.

3) No speculation. No speculating. No personal life stuff about the guys, ie families or sightings of families. Or off duty times. No pics of families and off duty with family. Don't go there. If you do it may mean a temporary ban.

4) Meet and greet thread - there will be one for people wishing to post and talk about possible M&G's or for tips/ideas, find out how long to wait and so on. People can of course discuss actual M&G's, post pics, talk about their experiences of meeting the Great Ones in the appropriate gig threads once they have actually happened. Any pics or stories from an actual M&G should go in the correct gig thread.

4) No smut, no being too rude and no being overly sexual. Again, it will get your post edited or deleted.

5) Video clips - If posting clips from You Tube they can be embedded in your post using the You Tube tags when posting. Clips to be posted to the appropriate gig threads please. Don't go insane and post an entire gigs worth in a post or number of posts. Limit of 2 per post. Don't stuff a thread full of them please.

Updated May 4 - If you find a clip of any new song being performed at these gigs please DO NOT post it on the forum.

6) Mods won't be sending PM's asking for you to resize pics or edit your posts if your post content falls outside the forum rules. They will simply be editing or deleting posts. Please do not take this personally or feel you are being victimised. It happens. Its dealt with. We move on. No hard feelings. However, please remember when posting something similar that if its been deleted once, chances are it will again. So perhaps don't post it.[/color]

7) Updated May 4 - Please remeber to use spoiler tags when posting about new material performed at these gigs. I know many here are going to see the show later in the tour, and so lets give them a chance to not be totally spoilerised about the new material. Of course, they can click and read it all if they then want :lol:

8 ) Updated May 5 - Please don't post in threads asking if anyone has bootleg recordings of a show. Audio or video. If there is something on You Tube there are ways and means for you to download the clips and also to record the audio. Asking in posts about this and/or requesting to be contacted via PM re bootlegs will find your post deleted. If its out there, I am sure it will be easy enough to find off site.

Please note - I am expecting everyone posting this section to have bothered to get to the end of this post and have read the rules. It's up to you to take it on board and try to keep within the city limits.

This list is not exhaustive and we shall add on anything we feel needs to be included. Please ensure you read any updates.

PS - Combining the pre gig threads into venues now, not dates only. This is in an attempt to have the forum less cluttered with repeated topics.

So if going to an Amsterdam gig, both pre gig threads will be in one big one. Same with London, Dublin and some others.

ItsAllRyche
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Re: 2010 Tour - A few ground rules within - Please read

Postby ItsAllRyche » Sat May 01, 2010 4:55 pm

Thanks Sherry,

Just one more reason I love this message board. Some others are so annoying with the gifs, sigs, pics, and other images popping around, flashing, sparkles, being very distractive and (imho) obnoxious.
I rarely visit the other boards for that reason.

Thanks again for making this board more user friendly and organized. :prayer:
[img]Arj-Barker-Banner-arj-barker-230459_800_100[/img]

Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby Sherry » Sat May 01, 2010 7:23 pm

Combining the pre gig threads into venues now, not dates only. This is in an attempt to have the forum less cluttered with repeated topics.

So if going to an Amsterdam gig, both pre gig threads will be in one big one. Same with London, Dublin and some others.

:)

Will add this to the first post also.

Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby Sherry » Tue May 04, 2010 6:41 am

Updated May 4 - If you find a clip of any new song being performed at these gigs please DO NOT post it on the forum.

I have included this in the Gig section rules. Under #5.

Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby Sherry » Tue May 04, 2010 7:15 am

Have also added #8 to the rules in the first post.

8 ) Updated May 4 - Please remeber to use spoiler tags when posting about new material performed at these gigs. I know many here are going to see the show later in the tour, and so lets give them a chance to not be totally spoilerised about the new material. Of course, they can click and read it all if they then want :lol:

vmh
Crying tears of a rapper

Postby vmh » Tue May 04, 2010 1:16 pm

Will we be able to post videos of any new songs eventually? Like, after the tour is over?
James Bobin: “It’s like a five-year-old and a three-year-old. Jemaine’s the five-year-old, and Bret’s the three-year-old. They’re both wrong, but the five-year-old thinks he’s right.”

Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby Sherry » Tue May 04, 2010 1:28 pm

vmh wrote:Will we be able to post videos of any new songs eventually? Like, after the tour is over?

Sure, but for now, lets keep them off the forum. I kind of get the impression from what's been said that the guys expect the songs to be on You Tube already but would rather they were not :lol:

If people want to watch new tour stuff, You Tube is only a click away :)

Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby Sherry » Wed May 05, 2010 2:20 pm

Updated first post. Its #8 added today.

That stuff is easily found out there, just a case of looking. I'd rather not have posts on the forum asking about such things. Starts to get a bit out of hand if people all jump on the same bandwagon and asking.

FWIW downloading clips from YT is really easy. As is extracting audio from them :whistle:

mockingbird
Thinks it's hot the way he looks left a lot

Postby mockingbird » Wed May 05, 2010 2:29 pm

I managed to avoid hearing Stana all last tour and I was glad I did because it was awesome to hear it live for the first time and it was great to have some new material during the show. :thumb: It was easy to avoid it on the forum though, I just didn't click on any of the YT links. ;) But I appreciate the gesture toward the guys, I'm sure they don't want their whole act up all over You Tube before 90% of the people going to the shows have had a chance to see them.

edit - I learned a few things from last tour too - when I save a photo I change the file name to the name of the venue! So I will finally know where all these pics came from. :roll: Then I put them directly into a folder called Tour 2010! Because last time I had a million photos all just scattered around my hard drive, with names like "00065_763345", lol.

vmh
Crying tears of a rapper

Postby vmh » Wed May 05, 2010 3:09 pm

mockingbird wrote:I managed to avoid hearing Stana all last tour and I was glad I did because it was awesome to hear it live for the first time and it was great to have some new material during the show. :thumb: It was easy to avoid it on the forum though, I just didn't click on any of the YT links. ;) But I appreciate the gesture toward the guys, I'm sure they don't want their whole act up all over You Tube before 90% of the people going to the shows have had a chance to see them.

edit - I learned a few things from last tour too - when I save a photo I change the file name to the name of the venue! So I will finally know where all these pics came from. :roll: Then I put them directly into a folder called Tour 2010! Because last time I had a million photos all just scattered around my hard drive, with names like "00065_763345", lol.

I've been saving them in a folder called 2010 Tour with little subfolders for each show. And then I've been saving them under the name of the photographer because I would never remember their names otherwise. I know we're supposed to credit the name of the photographer when we post photos. I'm really bad about that.
James Bobin: “It’s like a five-year-old and a three-year-old. Jemaine’s the five-year-old, and Bret’s the three-year-old. They’re both wrong, but the five-year-old thinks he’s right.”

Return to “2010 Tour Archives”