Amsterdam - May 3 2010 - Tour stop #1

The place where all the 2010 European (and US) Tour threads are now moved to. If it's not there, it's here ;)
biscuit
Give me some scruff and a leather jacket...or just the scruff

Re: Amsterdam - May 3 2010 - Tour stop #1

Postby biscuit » Wed May 05, 2010 6:41 pm

I just realised that I'm extremely conservative when it comes to BDS. I want the whole song and I want it performed in the original way! :whistle:

Good quality video though :D
Thanks to Ariadne at RAC for my gorgeous new avi :-)

ItsAllRyche
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby ItsAllRyche » Wed May 05, 2010 6:48 pm

these videos are incredibly clear :supz: and wow they are really great!!! :clap:

Like others that have posted here, I was trying not to watch too much too, so then my experience will be fresh then I will watch and re-watch and re-watch and re--. etc. :rolleyes:
[img]Arj-Barker-Banner-arj-barker-230459_800_100[/img]

closet jemainiac

Postby closet jemainiac » Wed May 05, 2010 6:50 pm

I like Nigel's contributions to the song. :D

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Wed May 05, 2010 6:56 pm

biscuit wrote:I just realised that I'm extremely conservative when it comes to BDS. I want the whole song and I want it performed in the original way! :whistle:
:D

:nod:

I can only call Bret's performance during BDS "jaunty." :D And that's not meant to be negative in any way, he was obviously having fun....:sing:
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

mohumbhai mania
Can Attack!

Postby mohumbhai mania » Wed May 05, 2010 7:02 pm

I really liked it, particularly Jemaine's vocals. It's nice to change it up a bit.
Too much time on too many hands - too many ladies, not enough mans

I am bike-cheese!

closet jemainiac

Postby closet jemainiac » Wed May 05, 2010 7:06 pm

I guess I dont have any real attachment to BDS. But even the songs I really like I enjoy hearing how they change it up and make them fresh.

hearing/seeing this version of BDS just solidifies in my mind that they all are wonderful musicians and Id really like to see some "serious" music from them...especially Jemaine since we have yet to get that from him...

ItsAllRyche
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby ItsAllRyche » Wed May 05, 2010 7:11 pm

good point cj. Jem is very talented. Some covers would be great, I mean, they did a tremendous job on 'Freebird' after all. I am curious, what would your pick be of a song that Jem should do seriously? I am gonna ponder this for a bit...
[img]Arj-Barker-Banner-arj-barker-230459_800_100[/img]

Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby Nancy » Wed May 05, 2010 7:12 pm

I wouldn't wait to watch these videos, since the guys change things up slightly for almost every performance. But that's just me.

I agree with you, biscuit, about Bus Driver's Song. In 2008, they did the whole song. Last year we were all jarred when they left out "Do you hear that sound?". Miss you, town clock heard from anywhere in town. :(
Oh, fish-like Lady
Lady-like Fish
I don't think so Bro, she's a Lady, Lady, Lady, Lady
No, no, she's a fish that's just a little bit
La-dy-ish! Yeah!

Venus
She did indeed have the time of her life

Postby Venus » Wed May 05, 2010 7:32 pm

True, I love how they change things up. :)

I'm Not Crying:

Haha, love the beginning! :lol: Bret's so cute! :D
For the latest Bret & Jemaine related news updates:
'Like' What The Folk! on Facebook
&
Follow What The Folk! on Twitter

NatsuMeiyo
Lost but happy at sea

Postby NatsuMeiyo » Wed May 05, 2010 7:41 pm

I am so totally reliving the night :D

All those vids are so clear! :D Thank you for sharing!!
They've got what I'd like to call they ey factor. That's when you see them, and you go, "ey!"

Venus
She did indeed have the time of her life

Postby Venus » Wed May 05, 2010 7:42 pm

No problem, I'm glad everyone's enjoying them! It's great that so many high quality videos are coming in. :D
For the latest Bret & Jemaine related news updates:
'Like' What The Folk! on Facebook
&
Follow What The Folk! on Twitter

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Wed May 05, 2010 7:44 pm

re: saving videos. I know they change it up a bit from night to night, but I still like to save as much as I can. I know that means a lot seeing as I will be the last 2 shows of the tour, but I think I can do it.

I'm not going to try to be a hero or anything, I'm soaking up these pictures like there's no tomorrow, but the videos :hrmpf: I'm holding out! I remember last tour it was so awesome to have Stana be brand new, and the banter be fresh. I would like that to be true for this tour as well :nod:

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Wed May 05, 2010 8:34 pm

Since I'd watched the Stana vids before the show, I knew what they were singing during our show, lol, so it helped me. :)

And if I'd watched a vid of the new Wooing a Lady song :whistle: I'd have no problem following along, especially in parts where the lyrics might be very tightly and quickly recited.....if that indeed was how it happened at points in said song..... :hrm:

Bret was priceless in the beginning of I'm Not Crying!! He was on! I think that's my favorite live version so far! :D
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

closet jemainiac

Postby closet jemainiac » Wed May 05, 2010 8:38 pm

For Stana last year...I had not watched video prior to the show...and I had a lot of trouble hearing lyrics...I dont know if it was me or the sound system, or where I was sitting....I missed out on a lot of banter too.:( ..It was either very fuzzy or too many screaming/laughing folks around me... :?

closet jemainiac

Postby closet jemainiac » Wed May 05, 2010 8:44 pm

ItsAllRyche wrote:good point cj. Jem is very talented. Some covers would be great, I mean, they did a tremendous job on 'Freebird' after all. I am curious, what would your pick be of a song that Jem should do seriously? I am gonna ponder this for a bit...

hmmmm :hrm: I think Id want to hear what he could come up with on his own. Not necessarily a cover. We all know what a clever a writer he is... :) I always get the impression that he is very insightful and honest about human behavior. I bet he'd be a fabulous serious songwriter.

I read an article or saw some interview where he said he thought it would be tough for him to do serious music because he didnt know how musicians could be so personal and put it out there for the world to hear...I dont know why but it makes me love him even more.. :love:

Return to “2010 Tour Archives”