Manchester - May 11 - Tour stop #7

The place where all the 2010 European (and US) Tour threads are now moved to. If it's not there, it's here ;)
minilea
Lost but happy at sea

Re: May 11 - Manchester - Tour stop #7

Postby minilea » Thu May 13, 2010 9:54 pm

Hello peeps!

First time posting here! I went to all 3 Manchester gigs! I did originally wanted to post on here before I went to gigs but wussed out, haha! Wanted to chat with "the like-minded" who were going to hang around after. Anyway, I was just going to one gig (the 8th) but managed to get last minute ones for the other 2. :boogie: I'm still on a high from them all. Hanged around for the M&G on 11th and I'm so glad I went. I have a few pics here http://s920.photobucket.com/albums/ad44 ... anchester/
:woohoo:

Gutted I missed out on buying a tea towel though! Sold out when I asked. :doh:
"Ain't no party like my nana's tea parrrtyyy!"

kipples
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby kipples » Thu May 13, 2010 10:04 pm

Ah god yer should have posted before hand and we could have all met up and stuff!

Was there a M&G on the other nights?

Don't suppose you were there when I asked Bret the question about his song?

minilea
Lost but happy at sea

Postby minilea » Thu May 13, 2010 10:12 pm

Apparently there was a m&g on Sat 8th but I had to go home after the gig as I was with some friends who'd drove! Needless to say I was envious when I found that out that i missed it. Luckily, I got to meet them in person on 11th. There wasn't a m&g after on the 12th :(

I wasn't there when you asked Bret about his song. When was it?

closet jemainiac

Postby closet jemainiac » Thu May 13, 2010 10:13 pm

minilea, Welcome!!! :wave:

Do glad you decided to post...all the laydeez are so nice here...no need to fear! :D

I like what you wrote in the caption for your pic with Jemaine....probably because Im 4'11"... :P :lol:

Happy posting!

P.S. please feel free to share more of your experience meeting the guys....us folks that arent able to go to a show need to live vicariously... :lol:

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Thu May 13, 2010 10:18 pm

Welcome minilea! Aw, you should've posted a little beforehand and met up with the girls.......next time! :D

You got some wonderful pics!! I loved Bret's mafia-like face, lol, and him signing a uke! :rock: Are you going to post them here? And yes....give us all the details you care to share! If you've lurked, you'll know that no detail is too small, lol.

I'm glad you had such a great time at the 3 shows and got to meet the guys!
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

kipples

Postby kipples » Thu May 13, 2010 10:22 pm

I thought you might have been because you have the pic of Jemaine going towards the van. I asked Bret a question about one of his songs on his video kid album as he was going to the van as well. He was walking backwards and mumbling the lyrics to himself to try and remember but he told me he just couldn't so I left it and said thanks anyway. Than suddenly the girls I was with said "Look" and he was shouting after me "IT'S OUTERZONE" me-"IT'S OUTERZONE IS IT?!"
Bret-"YIS IT'S OUTERZONE!"
Apparently he was pointing in the air as well but I don't remember that! Was hoping to have another eye-witness account!

CJ is right! It's a safe place here :D

minilea
Lost but happy at sea

Postby minilea » Thu May 13, 2010 10:33 pm

Thanks guys! I feel so welcomed!

closet jemainiac, he was incredibly polite when I asked him to come all the way down to see me, haha! Such a handsome fella.

LauraK, it was soooo funny! He was pulling lots of faces and different poses outta the bag for the fan shots.

Kipples, it may have been just a few seconds after this because I do remember a girl asking him something but couldn't recall what it was. That may very well have been you!!

kipples

Postby kipples » Thu May 13, 2010 10:37 pm

Cool!

What night do you think was the best?

The 11th may gig was my favourite of the 3 I went to, even though I was right at the back!

minilea
Lost but happy at sea

Postby minilea » Thu May 13, 2010 10:52 pm

Is this you in the corner?

I have to say the first night was amazing but the 11th exceeded my expectations too. They mixed it up by playing lots of different songs. I was really impressed! Plus, the audience was better too. No stupid insults, like saturday! My gaaawwwd, did I cringe when that guy insulted Jemaine. Made me feel ashamed to be a local! Idiot! Anyway, I'd sold an extra ticket to a fellow fan and she wasn't shy like me, haha! She yelled out names of songs when the boys asked what we wanted to hear that they hadn't played on saturday and got her wish. She asked for Foux da Fafa and someone else close asked for Albi. And they played both! Albi had me in stitches!! Funniest thing I've ever heard. Go boys for attempting to be Mancs, haha!

kipples

Postby kipples » Thu May 13, 2010 11:01 pm

AAGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!! THAT'S ME THAT'S ME!!!! :shock: :o :supz:

Did you take this?!! Oh my god! There's evidence :D :D

Yeah that guy was up the back somewhere. I loved it when Jemaine told him to shut up and not even a hint of him apologizing afterwards like he usually does!

CailenBraern
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby CailenBraern » Thu May 13, 2010 11:02 pm

Albi was incredible :D

As a lover...I was seriously inexperienced.

minilea
Lost but happy at sea

Postby minilea » Thu May 13, 2010 11:08 pm

Yea, its one of mine and the very last photo I took that night!! Feel free to copy it...you are on it of course! haha! :D

Apparently, the girl i went with on 11th, went on the 8th m&g and said that guy actually went too. He said to Jemaine, "Sorry about calling you fishlips" and Jemaine just looked at him and walked away! Hazaaar for Jemaine! Ziiiinnnng to that scumbag!

Albi really was amazing!! Everytime I think about it I actually laugh....very loudly...to myself! haha!
Last edited by minilea on Thu May 13, 2010 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kipples

Postby kipples » Thu May 13, 2010 11:15 pm

Oh it was soo funny! Definitely something I would have loved to record.

And yea it's on my facebook now! Thanks! :D

Venus
She did indeed have the time of her life

Postby Venus » Thu May 13, 2010 11:19 pm

Thanks so much for posting those pics, kipples! :D

Hi Machadaynu! Welcome to the forum! One of my friends posted a pic of you and your friends on facebook and I was cracking up! Brilliant outfits! :thumb:

Welcome to the forum, minilea! Feel free to introduce yourself here. Love your photos! I'm glad you managed to get tickets to all 3 Manchester shows. I went to the Birmingham show but Albi cracked me up too because Jemaine's accent seemed to evolve into a Mancunian accent and I loved the way he said "get your hand off my tail, you'll make it all 'durrrtay'" in a Northern accent. :lol:
For the latest Bret & Jemaine related news updates:
'Like' What The Folk! on Facebook
&
Follow What The Folk! on Twitter

minilea
Lost but happy at sea

Postby minilea » Thu May 13, 2010 11:19 pm

Wish I could of recorded stuff aswell but every seat I was in, there was the camera police right near me! I was near the front of the circle all 3 times. Was a fabulous view every occassion!!

Return to “2010 Tour Archives”