The Video Kid

AKA as the Rhymenoscerous, The Video Kid, Figwit and is one gazillionth of The Wellington Ukulele Orchestra. Yuss him and maybe some invisible people also...
User avatar
LauraK
Boom King!
Posts: 8919
Joined: Tue Mar 17, 2009 6:02 am

Re: The Video Kid

Postby LauraK » Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:59 pm

You can get it here (I did!) for about $14 US.
http://www.smokecds.com/cd/34892
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

closet jemainiac

Re: The Video Kid

Postby closet jemainiac » Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:18 am

reading the last couple of pages made me :roll2: and :rolleyes:

You folks are too funny...darnit Bret! WHAT are those lyrics?! *still laughing at the "pet names"* :lol:

User avatar
Venus
She did indeed have the time of her life
Posts: 6133
Joined: Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:07 pm

Re: The Video Kid

Postby Venus » Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:45 am

closet jemainiac wrote:reading the last couple of pages made me :roll2: and :rolleyes:

You folks are too funny...darnit Bret! WHAT are those lyrics?! *still laughing at the "pet names"* :lol:


:roll2: Yeah nonch and Laura's exchange had me cracking up :lol:
For the latest Bret & Jemaine related news updates:
'Like' What The Folk! on Facebook
&
Follow What The Folk! on Twitter

User avatar
onefeathertail
Half a shapely halibut
Posts: 209
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:09 pm

Re: The Video Kid

Postby onefeathertail » Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:10 pm

:lol:

After some analysis (and frustration at not being able to sing along), the lyrics to me seem to be:

DJz girlfriend, everybody knows
That the DJz girlfriend is an outer-zone
One eye on them wheels of steel
The other on the guys tryin' to cop a feel of the DJz girlfriend

Everybody's watching, here's/he's the last thing in the "X" (or ex)
All the loan in on his booty fix
To them he's much more than a sordid guy
But she's the only one who really knows he's being exiled

DJz girlfriend, everybody knows
That the DJz girlfriend is an outer-zone
One eye on them wheels of steel
The other on the guys tryin' to cop a feel of the DJz girlfriend

Seduce and Destroy
Seduce and Destroy


I was torn between "sordid" and "solid", but sordid just seemed to make more sense with "booty fix". I could also be completely and utterly wrong. :D

kipples
David Bowie's nipple antennae
Posts: 1022
Joined: Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:48 pm

Re: The Video Kid

Postby kipples » Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:03 am

I really can't wait to get this album. The tiny bit they have of DJZ Girlfriend on youtube has me hooked.

User avatar
Great H
Stop touching the monkeys
Posts: 919
Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:35 am

Re: The Video Kid

Postby Great H » Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:19 am

closet jemainiac wrote:I saw the video for Runnin the other day....I really like it....
Ahem! Where please miss? LINKEE?????!!!
I've seen CCTV, Dawn Skate and part of DJZ girlfriend on YouTube, but not Runnin'... clues please?!

User avatar
4everconchordsfan
David Bowie's nipple antennae
Posts: 1145
Joined: Sun Apr 19, 2009 12:14 am

Re: The Video Kid

Postby 4everconchordsfan » Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:22 am

Great H wrote:
closet jemainiac wrote:I saw the video for Runnin the other day....I really like it....
Ahem! Where please miss? LINKEE?????!!!
I've seen CCTV, Dawn Skate and part of DJZ girlfriend on YouTube, but not Runnin'... clues please?!


It just the track & lyrics, but hope this helps, at least you can download it and add it to your ipod or mp3player from this:

Last edited by 4everconchordsfan on Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
"they're my celebrities, they're what I care about"

kellysouthpaw

Re: The Video Kid

Postby kellysouthpaw » Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:37 am

1.) I think even some of those Runnin lyrics are wrong

2.) I'm still sticking with "asshole" as the lyric for DJz Girlfriend. Bret will vindicate me one day!

User avatar
onefeathertail
Half a shapely halibut
Posts: 209
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:09 pm

Re: The Video Kid

Postby onefeathertail » Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:03 am

kellysouthpaw wrote:I'm still sticking with "asshole" as the lyric for DJz Girlfriend. Bret will vindicate me one day!


I kind of hope you're right. :rolls:

User avatar
LauraK
Boom King!
Posts: 8919
Joined: Tue Mar 17, 2009 6:02 am

Re: The Video Kid

Postby LauraK » Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:23 am

I dunno....repeated listenings tell me I'm hearing 3 syllables... :worry:
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

kellysouthpaw

Re: The Video Kid

Postby kellysouthpaw » Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:35 am

:hrmpf: I'll never budge. I think even if Bret himself told me different, I'd tell him he was wrong and that it was "asshole" :lol:

kipples
David Bowie's nipple antennae
Posts: 1022
Joined: Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:48 pm

Re: The Video Kid

Postby kipples » Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:15 am

I'm sooo happy as I've just received an email saying my order of 1 Eat Sleep Folk T-Shirt (Medium), 1 Folk The World Tour - Live Album, 1 The Complete BBC Radio Show (3CD) and...... 1 Prototype - Video Kid has been shipped!! :supz: :clap: :D
I cannot wait to have them here in my little house in Galway! Anyone know how long it takes to arrive once it's been shipped?

User avatar
Great H
Stop touching the monkeys
Posts: 919
Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:35 am

Re: The Video Kid

Postby Great H » Fri May 14, 2010 12:38 am

kellysouthpaw wrote:2.) I'm still sticking with "asshole" as the lyric for DJz Girlfriend. Bret will vindicate me one day!
Sorry Southpaw, Bret has let you down... Kipples asked him!

FINALLY! The DJz girlfriend is, apparently, an outer zone. Straight from the horses mouth. As it were. :D
Now, if only someone would ask him about the Black Seeds call/corn debate. (It's call!) :lol:

kellysouthpaw

Re: The Video Kid

Postby kellysouthpaw » Fri May 14, 2010 12:39 am

Great H wrote:
kellysouthpaw wrote:2.) I'm still sticking with "asshole" as the lyric for DJz Girlfriend. Bret will vindicate me one day!
Sorry Southpaw, Bret has let you down... Kipples asked him!

FINALLY! The DJz girlfriend is, apparently, an outer zone. Straight from the horses mouth. As it were. :D
Now, if only someone would ask him about the Black Seeds call/corn debate. (It's call!) :lol:


I saw that.

Not happy with Little B right now.

I plan on discussing this with him if I get the chance. Along with the whole "corn/call" thing.

:hrmpf:

User avatar
Great H
Stop touching the monkeys
Posts: 919
Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:35 am

Re: The Video Kid

Postby Great H » Fri May 14, 2010 12:46 am

kellysouthpaw wrote:I saw that.

Not happy with Little B right now.

I plan on discussing this with him if I get the chance. Along with the whole "corn/call" thing.

:hrmpf:

:lol: Yes! Difinitly! You Should! :D


Return to “Bret McKenzie”



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests