RadiRadiRah

Friends of the Conchords and those who've worked with them over the years...
Venus
She did indeed have the time of her life

RadiRadiRah

Postby Venus » Sat Nov 07, 2009 4:15 pm

New views for new year
4:00AM Thursday Oct 22, 2009
By Scott Kara

As TV3 and C4 announce their new season of shows, Scott Kara looks at what's on offer for 2010.

TV3
The two best TV picks for next year are likely to give you a good laugh. The first, RadiRadiRah, is a local sketch show from the makers of bro'Town and the other, Modern Family, is a mockumentary starring Ed O'Neill, best known as Al Bundy from 80s show Married With Children.

RadiRadiRah stars many of the Naked Samoans, including Oscar Kightley and David Fane, along with comedian and star-for-hire Rhys Darby and director Taika Waititi, in a show that pokes fun at popular culture and modern life while "pushing the boundaries of prime time television".

Source
For the latest Bret & Jemaine related news updates:
'Like' What The Folk! on Facebook
&
Follow What The Folk! on Twitter

Venus

Re: RadiRadiRah

Postby Venus » Sat Nov 07, 2009 4:17 pm

Rhys Darby talks stand-up, spacesuits and yetis

WED, 04 NOV 2009 5:31P.M.
By David Farrier

New Zealand comedian Rhys Darby (NZPA)

New Zealand comic Rhys Darby may appear to spend the bulk of his time acting in American movies but he says he is still a stand up guy when it comes to keeping things local.

Darby has now embarked on a comedy tour of the North and South Islands, with a brand of humour that is sometimes out of this world.

Darby has rocketed in fame in recent years, ascending to heights of an international movie star. But the comic says he prefers to keep things local... and a bit weird.

When Darby is not hosting a George FM radio show about yetis, he can be found in a spacesuit, or doing stand-up in Pukekohe.

It's hard to take a man in a spacesuit seriously, but Darby says the suit has its uses.

“This is not a dress, it’s my space uniform,” he says.

Darby’s appeal stretches worldwide, the comedian managing to sell out shows wherever he goes, whether it is Edinburgh or Dunedin.

“It was a great show - the biggest I’ve ever done in New Zealand,” he says of the Dunedin show.

Darby says he likes to think of himself as an actor that practises “realism”, even sometimes to his detriment.

“I have an issue with realism, and I go too strongly into the belief what I am doing is actual, so I’ve knocked over the odd set wall thinking it was real,” he says.

His latest movie Coming and Going is currently in post production in the US, and the bust Kiwi is now working on a new TV show called Ra De Ra De Ra with other talented New Zealanders like Taika Waititi.

As for the stand-up, Darby says he is looking forward to hitting more locations like Christchurch and Pukekohe and enjoying the excited faces in the audience.
“Some are a little too excited, one sicked up," says Darby.

Darby taking refuge in the fact that a show must be good if the audience is vomiting.
3 News

Source

Click HERE to see an interview with Rhys on the set of RadiRadiRah (Taika is also briefly featured :) )
&

mohumbhai mania
Can Attack!

Postby mohumbhai mania » Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:49 pm

He is so funny!

That sketch looks like Captain Cook in space, eh? Ooh, I hope someone picks that up and shows it in the states - or at least streams it on the Web.
Too much time on too many hands - too many ladies, not enough mans

I am bike-cheese!

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:14 pm

Lol! He's so funny....loved what he said about how it's cooler not to have a photo with him. :D

I hope we're able to see that one day...Thanks, Venus.
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

Venus

Postby Venus » Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:46 am

Yeah I'm not cool anymore since I've taken a photo with him! :lol: I really hope this show is available to watch somewhere on the web cos it looks like it will be hilarious! :D
&

Peaches
Getting lewd with the food

Postby Peaches » Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:19 am

I'm pretty cool, I haven't got a photo with ANY OF THE FOTC POSSE!
"Item 4 on the agenda: Stuff you!"

"Who else? Mur.. Ray... Oh. Greg's written this, he's put the R's too far apart. It's Murray.. Murray present"

ImageImage
ImageImageImage

Faith
A pastry chef and a sniper

Postby Faith » Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:32 am

Me either, Peaches. Someone needs to make a badge for that: Pretty Cool People who don't have a photo with the FOTC.... or something like that. I'm not good with names. :lol:

vmh
Crying tears of a rapper

Postby vmh » Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:04 am

Damn. I've just lost all my coolness. Not only have I seen him but I also have a photo with him. If only I could go back in time. Ah, if only!
James Bobin: “It’s like a five-year-old and a three-year-old. Jemaine’s the five-year-old, and Bret’s the three-year-old. They’re both wrong, but the five-year-old thinks he’s right.”

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:07 am

Ah, but did you "sick-up," or puke during his show? :lol:
ImageImage

vmh
Crying tears of a rapper

Postby vmh » Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:40 am

LauraK wrote:Ah, but did you "sick-up," or puke during his show? :lol:

Ahahah. Poor girl.
James Bobin: “It’s like a five-year-old and a three-year-old. Jemaine’s the five-year-old, and Bret’s the three-year-old. They’re both wrong, but the five-year-old thinks he’s right.”

Peaches
Getting lewd with the food

Postby Peaches » Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:51 am

Rhys was that bad? That you vomitted!? :shock:
"Item 4 on the agenda: Stuff you!"

"Who else? Mur.. Ray... Oh. Greg's written this, he's put the R's too far apart. It's Murray.. Murray present"

ImageImage
ImageImageImage

vmh
Crying tears of a rapper

Postby vmh » Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:24 am

Peaches wrote:Rhys was that bad? That you vomitted!? :shock:

Wait, are you asking me? :lol:

Rhys!!!! OMG, I can't believe it's you! I'm so excited to see youuuu....::BLEH!!!::

:roll2:

No, I did not vomit at his show. It happened to some girl in NZ. Rhys said she was there since 4. Maybe she had a few drinks too many???

Venus

Postby Venus » Fri May 14, 2010 1:57 am

I wanna watch this!

The Facebook fanpage for 'FOT' (the cartoon character voiced by Rhys) can be found here
&

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Fri May 14, 2010 2:26 am

Aw, me too!

*Goes to check out fan page and like/join it.* :)

Thanks, Venus.
ImageImage

Faith
A pastry chef and a sniper

Postby Faith » Fri May 14, 2010 3:04 am

I miss watching TV3. It was the one decent non-cable channel they had. If I was still there, I'd so be watching this show. It looks like it's going to be funny.

Return to “Conchords Cohorts”