Glasgow - May 14 - Tour stop #9

The place where all the 2010 European (and US) Tour threads are now moved to. If it's not there, it's here ;)
rachel
Half a shapely halibut

Re: May 14 - Glasgow - Tour stop #9

Postby rachel » Sat May 15, 2010 2:00 pm

BenRemFan, thanks for the review, I'm glad they haven't dropped the Korean song, I loved it live (although someone needs to remind Bret to get the lyrics) and Jemaine really does have a range of accents under his belt.

Ara: I'd recommend looking to see if there's a M&G afterwards. I'm never sure of what to do when meeting people so I followed what others were doing and got picture and signs whilst mumbling words I doubt they heard :lol:
@_raychul

Ara
New arrival

Postby Ara » Sat May 15, 2010 2:39 pm

Heh! Thanks for the advice. I don't really know how to find out if there's a M&G, or how long after the show they take place, usually, so, erm, I'm a bit lost, but I could maybe just hang around for a wee while and see if I have any luck xD
{icon by fainiel_sims @ LJ}

Venus
She did indeed have the time of her life

Postby Venus » Sat May 15, 2010 2:44 pm

Thanks so much BenRemFan for the review! It's great that they've been performing on stage for so long each night. 8)
For the latest Bret & Jemaine related news updates:
'Like' What The Folk! on Facebook
&
Follow What The Folk! on Twitter

BenRemFan
New arrival

Postby BenRemFan » Sat May 15, 2010 2:48 pm

Cheers Rachel and Venus. Also I forgot that they played If your into it as well. Hope everyone who is going tonight has a great time. :D

Ara
New arrival

Postby Ara » Sat May 15, 2010 3:06 pm

Oh, yay ! I hope they play "If You're Into It" tonight, I love all the songs from that episode, it was the first one I ever saw! :3

I'm glad you had such fun BenRemFan!
{icon by fainiel_sims @ LJ}

Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby Nancy » Sat May 15, 2010 5:48 pm

BenRemFan, welcome, and feel free to introduce yourself here:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4&start=0
We'll be happy to hear more about you. I'm soooo glad they did Inner City Pressure - they opened with it in 2008, and I loved it!

Ari, usually no one knows if they're going to do a meet and greet. Best way to find out? If you see a soundboard setup near the back of the theatre, ask the folks that look like tech people if they travel with the guys, and if they say yes, find out if they're all leaving town after the show, or if they're sticking around. If they have to shove off, it might be tougher to catch the guys. Before the show, ask an usher or someone at the box office how to get to the stage door, that way you'll know where to head after the show. Befriending security guards around the theater can be a help before the show as well, because they're on walkie-talkies and know if plans change for the guys. They may be stuck at a reception backstage for 45 minutes or so, which would add to the normal 40-60 minute wait for them to appear. That was how I knew they were leaving in a dark-windowed van in Boston, with no meet and greet. :(
Good luck, and have a great time!
Oh, fish-like Lady
Lady-like Fish
I don't think so Bro, she's a Lady, Lady, Lady, Lady
No, no, she's a fish that's just a little bit
La-dy-ish! Yeah!

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Sat May 15, 2010 10:17 pm

Nice account, BenRemFan! The show sounded brilliant!! They really seem to be having fun themselves and that only makes the show better for the fans, especially when they play som many songs! :thumb:

Ara, there's bound to be a group of fans at a door...just head there, lol! If you're in the area before the show, you might run into them arriving as well. There've been some pics and mini-greets on this tour.....Good Luck!! I hope you get a proper m&g! :D
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Sat May 15, 2010 10:25 pm

Hm, the poster's not up on the Conchords merch page yet nor is it on DKNG's site...I hope it's not a complete sellout. I want this one most.....
ImageImage

Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby Sherry » Sat May 15, 2010 10:33 pm

LauraK wrote:Hm, the poster's not up on the Conchords merch page yet nor is it on DKNG's site...I hope it's not a complete sellout. I want this one most.....

They (DKNG) get a set amount of posters from the print run. So they will have some to sell. Just might not happen right away for some reason I guess.

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Sat May 15, 2010 10:49 pm

We'll just have to keep checking back with due diligence..... :D I don't want to miss this one.
ImageImage

curlisue
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby curlisue » Sun May 16, 2010 12:28 pm

Wow. What a show, we laughed our butts off. I sadly had crappy gallery seats (bought on the fan presale grr) so had to rely on the screens. But it was still fabby with a great atmosphere and a filled auditorium.

I don't know how much I can add to the other excellent account, but I'll give it a try :yawinkle:

Jemaine accidentally sang "Furt Heelings" instead of the obvious, which cracked us all up,

During "Rhymnocerous v Hiphopopotamus" Jemaine said " my rhymes are so potent that in this small segment I made all of the ladies in the first five rows pregnant" then shouted " CONGRATULATIONS BITCCHHESSS!!"

Someone in the stalls shouted out something when the guys were talking between songs, to which Jemaine answered "its insufferable, so its probably best if you don't talk to us". Haha! Wish I'd caught what the guy had said to bring out Grumpy Jem though.

During Robots, Jemaine did part of the song as a very convincing Arnold Swarzenegger doing Terminator,

After singing "Demon Woman" and putting their clothes back on (phew it WAS hot in there!) Bret ripped his jeans back off again to sing "Same Girl/Sugalumps and Jemaine then did the same. They then performed "Sugalumps" in lycra trousers, which demonstrated the song very nicely, I thought :whistle:

I can't think of anything else that hasn't already been covered folks, but it was a fantastic night and I didn't want it to end. I didn't get to the meet n greet though, as my friend has been pupppy sitting for the last fortnight and is understandably knackered. I couldn't have stayed later in good conscience, but I am really sad I missed it. As it was we got home after 1am so it was late enough. Sigh.
Sometimes when I'm freestyling...I lose confidence

rachel
Half a shapely halibut

Postby rachel » Sun May 16, 2010 12:57 pm

curlisue wrote:
During "Rhymnocerous v Hiphopopotamus" Jemaine said " my rhymes are so potent that in this small segment I made all of the ladies in the first five rows pregnant" then shouted " CONGRATULATIONS BITCCHHESSS!!"

That made me laugh so much.
@_raychul

Venus
She did indeed have the time of her life

Postby Venus » Sun May 16, 2010 3:32 pm

Thanks so much for your recap, curlisue. Glad you managed to have great time despite the location of your seats. :D

Yes, I loved when Jemaine said "Congratulations Bitches" during HvR. Hilarious! :lol:
For the latest Bret & Jemaine related news updates:
'Like' What The Folk! on Facebook
&
Follow What The Folk! on Twitter

Synth Sparkles
New arrival

Postby Synth Sparkles » Sun May 16, 2010 3:37 pm

I was at this show aswell, it was brilliant. The "congratulations bitches!" made me laugh a lot too :lol:

funny schipperke
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby funny schipperke » Sun May 16, 2010 4:43 pm

curlisue wrote:

In Dublin, this was accompanied by a *ahem* hand gesture :o
Image Image

Return to “2010 Tour Archives”