Glasgow - May 15 - Tour stop #10

The place where all the 2010 European (and US) Tour threads are now moved to. If it's not there, it's here ;)
LauraK
Boom King!

Re: May 15 - Glasgow - Tour stop #10

Postby LauraK » Sun May 16, 2010 3:55 am

:lol:

Well, it isn't. :D

(I still have my Conchord cookies from Dec in zip-bags, as yet unfrozen since they haven't changed a bit. What does that say about sugar cookies and frosting??) :|
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

Ara
New arrival

Postby Ara » Sun May 16, 2010 4:03 am

LauraK wrote:*I soooo hope there's audio of this!!

Well, technically I have the audio from my very, very rubbish secret-ninja attempts at video-ing it.... which basically = a video of the ceiling with their voices in the background, heh! I have quite a lot of audio of their banter/songs but no actual footage of them because I had the camera shoved up my sleeve (I was right next to the bit where the security people are), which helped me remember a lot of the quotes!

I'm still grinning over the fact they wore kilts, I hope someone out there took good photos of that! It was an amazing show, even better than I ever could have hoped/imagined!

LauraK wrote:Your m&g- and the telling of it- was lovely. :hug: I would like to hug you! That was one of the most enjoyable accounts I've read! Do not apologize and please come back and tell more when you remember more. (And I bet you will!)

Can't wait for your pics!

Didn't you get more than 1 shortbread? Eat one and save one? Or if you already ate 1 in front of Bret, as long as you got a pic with the biscuit (hehe) go ahead and eat it. :heart:

(But freezing it is not strange...) :D

Aw, yay, I'm glad it wasn't boring to read! Thank you! We can cyber-hug (that sounds weird, but, yeah) *hugs!*. There is more, but my review was getting so long I was a bit embarrassed! :D I'll certainly post more of what I can remember/find in my crappy ceiling videos soon!

My M&G pics are quite fuzzy but I'll post them tomorrow (it's 4am here... I should really get to bed! Not that I'll sleep with all these songs going around in my head!) And, no, I got one piece, because when Bret offered me again I waved the piece I already had and said I was fine, then some guy next to me took the last piece and then said he felt bad that he'd taken the last bit, hehe. My shortbread is still sitting there... I don't know what people would say if they found it in the freezer one day. "What's this?" "Shortbread Bret gave me. Five... years ago." "Oh...'kay" :lol: Hm... I'll decide its fate tomorrow!
{icon by fainiel_sims @ LJ}

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Sun May 16, 2010 4:29 am

Your ninja-audio sounds great to me. Last year, I left my camera on my lap turned on during Foux Du Fa Fa, and since we were right next to the stage, it got audio that was clear as a bell. If only I'd recorded the entire show!

So the fact that you got lots of banter is terrific! :D If ever you want to share, just pm me. :) more cyber :hug:

I suspect sleep will be hard to come by due more to thinking of the meet and greet...:love:

But, goodnight and sweet dreams! :)
(We actually have a thread for them, lol!)
ImageImage

Ara
New arrival

Postby Ara » Sun May 16, 2010 4:38 am

I guess I could make some of the banter bits into audio files... they're pretty clear, apart from me giggling manically sporadically just behind and my sleeve muffling a few bits here and there. Although hopefully someone else filmed them with clear sound AND picture and will be very lovely and upload them to Youtube!

Anyway, right, yes, 4:36am, time for bed and sleep..... / replaying everything in my mind :D
{icon by fainiel_sims @ LJ}

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Sun May 16, 2010 4:41 am

Yes- go to sleep!

(Good luck with that, lol!)

maniacal giggling is good and completely understandable, btw.
ImageImage

Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby Nancy » Sun May 16, 2010 6:40 am

Oh, Ara, I'm so glad you had a great time, and got to meet the guys as well! :whitey:

Your account of the evening's adventures was terrific. More, more! We love to hear it all! :nod:
Oh, fish-like Lady
Lady-like Fish
I don't think so Bro, she's a Lady, Lady, Lady, Lady
No, no, she's a fish that's just a little bit
La-dy-ish! Yeah!

biscuit
Give me some scruff and a leather jacket...or just the scruff

Postby biscuit » Sun May 16, 2010 9:03 am

I loved you account of the show, Ara :D It sounded like a great evening with a perfect end :nod: The weird heckling was especially entertaining :lol:

I'd eat the short bread btw :wink:
Thanks to Ariadne at RAC for my gorgeous new avi :-)

rachel
Half a shapely halibut

Postby rachel » Sun May 16, 2010 12:37 pm

Loved your review Ara and your story of the M&G.

I want to see them wearing kilts :lol: and kudos for you for having not eaten the shortbread yet, they're my downfall.
@_raychul

kipples
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby kipples » Sun May 16, 2010 12:41 pm

Aww Ara your account is so good and nicely detailed. :D
So happy you had a great time and met them!

JWalkerman
New arrival

Postby JWalkerman » Sun May 16, 2010 2:55 pm

Hello there, I'm James. When checking the forum to see what people were saying about the show, I spotted that a few of my tweets had been quoted in this very thread (and thank you to LauraK for her comment, 'I like James.' I bloody like you too, Laura)

The show was brilliant, and I've yet to stop replaying moments in my head; probably won't stop that for at least a fortnight. The muffin story was probably my favourite part of the show; I was laughing a lot.
I had planned to maybe take some pictures/video of the show, but I never knew how close my seat would be to the stage (basically 2nd row) so sorry about that, but I'm sure some law-breaking, no-picture taking ignorer will upload some stuff to Youtube.

Jemaine's scottish impression was amazing, as was Albi's.

I loved Woo A Lady, and the other new songs that we heard (I can't remember the titles)

Basically, so far, this entire post could be shortened down to:

Flight of the Conchords - AMAZING.

After the show I trotted off round the back, to see exactly what was going down. A surprisingly small amount of people were there, and that number decreased even more when the 'venue lady', as I like to call her said:

'They've got a lot of guests so they're going to be at least an hour & half'

This was in fact a massive lie, as they popped out about half an hour later. Maybe it was to seperate the true fans from the people who thought 'We've got time to kill. We can brag about it on Bebo and s***.' I've bragged about it on Facebook; much classier.

So yes, after loads of 'Is that them!?' as doors opened, and being disappointed when it was actually a bald roadie, we were told to queue up next to an exit. Minutes later, the Conchords popped out & as mentioned before, Bret was eating some shortbread. That's definitely a fact.

I got them both to sign the poster of that days gig (the toothpaste one) and thanked the guys for getting me in to writing stuff, and wanting to become a writer. I got my pictures, and then headed off in to the night (sounds cooler than it was; everyone headed off in to the night, really)

What then followed was some of my quoted tweets, that were a bit soppy but adorably sweet; who wants to put me in a bib & look after me after reading it? That's right; everybody.

I apologise for rambling on, but if I went on about it any more on twitter I'd probably have no followers left to read it. I met my heroes, so it was a very good night. Today's been a total let-down so far; no Jemaine & no shortbread eating Bret. Such a disappointment.
I like Flight of the Conchords, so I think I pretty much stand out from the crowd here.

biscuit
Give me some scruff and a leather jacket...or just the scruff

Postby biscuit » Sun May 16, 2010 3:07 pm

I like James too, Laura. I really do :D Great review!

You should keep posting here, James. You could build a fanbase for your writing career :wink:
Thanks to Ariadne at RAC for my gorgeous new avi :-)

4everconchordsfan
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby 4everconchordsfan » Sun May 16, 2010 3:19 pm

Me likey James also. :thumb: Hiya James. Welcome to the group. I loved your recap of the night. It makes me so excited for the shows in California. Till then I'm living vicariously through you.

Hope you decide to stay and hang out with us, try the chat room too. Ok?
"they're my celebrities, they're what I care about"

Venus
She did indeed have the time of her life

Postby Venus » Sun May 16, 2010 3:27 pm

:whitey: Oh my gosh, Ara! Thank you so much for your detailed recap of your experience! You must have had an absolutely amazing time! I wish I could have seen them in kilts and Jemaine's impression of a Scottish accent. :lol: It must have been a truly epic gig and I'm glad you had a wonderful experience at the M&G too. Nice one! :D

Hi James! Welcome to the forum! Feel free to introduce yourself here. We all really like you too! I was hoping that you'll join the forum to share more details about your experience and I'm really glad you did. Please do feel free to post any more FOTC musings you may have on here because we'd love to read them. :D

I'm so happy for everyone who attended this gig. Everyone must have had a blast! :yay:
For the latest Bret & Jemaine related news updates:
'Like' What The Folk! on Facebook
&
Follow What The Folk! on Twitter

Venus
She did indeed have the time of her life

Postby Venus » Sun May 16, 2010 3:56 pm

For the latest Bret & Jemaine related news updates:
'Like' What The Folk! on Facebook
&
Follow What The Folk! on Twitter