Glasgow - May 14 - Tour stop #9

The place where all the 2010 European (and US) Tour threads are now moved to. If it's not there, it's here ;)
4everconchordsfan
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Re: May 14 - Glasgow - Tour stop #9

Postby 4everconchordsfan » Mon May 17, 2010 7:45 pm

curlisue wrote:During "Rhymnocerous v Hiphopopotamus" Jemaine said " my rhymes are so potent that in this small segment I made all of the ladies in the first five rows pregnant" then shouted " CONGRATULATIONS BITCCHHESSS!!"

That bit "congratulations bitches" cracks me up every single time. :lol:

They then performed "Sugalumps" in lycra trousers, which demonstrated the song very nicely, I thought :whistle:

Curli you you are too funny, love the visual im getting, im sure that the lycra enhanced performance was epic.

Sounds like you all had a stellar night, thanks everyone for sharing it with us.
"they're my celebrities, they're what I care about"

DKNG
New arrival

Postby DKNG » Mon May 17, 2010 8:11 pm

Hello Everyone,

For those of you curious about the shipment of their FOTC Glasgow posters, I will be shipping them out by the end of the week. Thanks for all your purchases and support!

- Dan Kuhlken

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Mon May 17, 2010 8:14 pm

I'm gonna have to get a frame! Thanks, Dan! Can't wait for the Hollywood Bowl poster! :yay:

Dot
Lost but happy at sea

Postby Dot » Mon May 17, 2010 8:15 pm

I've just ordered a lego poster! Yay!
And thanks Dan for the shipping info.

mohumbhai mania
Can Attack!

Postby mohumbhai mania » Mon May 17, 2010 8:20 pm

Thanks!!!!
Too much time on too many hands - too many ladies, not enough mans

I am bike-cheese!

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Mon May 17, 2010 8:37 pm

Thanks Dan! I'm so excited to have this one! :D
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

curlisue
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby curlisue » Tue May 18, 2010 10:09 am

Thanks 4ever, it really was a great show I just wish I could see them again sigh...

Dan, the poster is fab thanks, I got mine on the night and its patiently waiting for the right frame :supz:
Sometimes when I'm freestyling...I lose confidence

munchkin
Half a shapely halibut

Postby munchkin » Tue May 18, 2010 1:06 pm

Sorry for the delay in posting (I think I've been in a bit of a dwam since friday!) We had great seats ("rear stalls" sounds dreadful, but in the clyde Auditorium it's actually about 10 rows back from the stage!) and full view of the stage. I was a teeny weeny bit disappointed that Kisten had been changed to Eugene (anyone know why?), but other than that it was a totally awesome gig! I can't really add anything to everyone else's reviews, except to say that the finale was a TRIUMPH!!!!

For me the hecklers (my daughter said that shouting out requests doesn't qualify as heckling) spoiled things a bit. It interuppter the guys flow a few times, but on the good side, their responses were really funny! I also was irritated by the number of people who got out of their seats and were toing and froing (I assume to the toilet). I've never been to a gig where there was so much of that, although it may just have been where our seats were sited - we had a passageway in front of us).

Nothing, though, could take away the enjoyment of the gig. What can I say? "Amazing" doesn't even begin to cover it!!
*runs off to find new movie thread because it was discussed on BBC radio 4 yesterday*

Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby Nancy » Wed May 19, 2010 11:14 pm

Yay munchkin! :yay: I'm so glad you had a great time.
We found the same getting-up-in-the-middle-of-the-show problem here in the states last year, mostly when drinks were served before and during the show. Duh, people!!! Go BEFORE the show starts!!! And stay put til it's over!!! :hammer:
Oh, fish-like Lady
Lady-like Fish
I don't think so Bro, she's a Lady, Lady, Lady, Lady
No, no, she's a fish that's just a little bit
La-dy-ish! Yeah!

Venus
She did indeed have the time of her life

Re: Glasgow - May 14 - Tour stop #9

Postby Venus » Sun May 23, 2010 2:55 pm

From News of the World:

Source

And a general review:
Live: Flight of the Conchords
Verdict: *****

FUNNY PAIR: Jemaine and Bret
By John Earls, 23/05/2010

THE biggest student comedy success in years, beardy Bret and speccy Jemaine easily transfer their BBC2 sitcom, helped only by The New Zealand Symphony Orchestra (aka a cellist called Nigel.)

Whereas most comedy songs are only funny once, their expert timing and goofy grins make the pair even more hilarious than on TV.

It helps that they're decent musicians under their hopeless facade, with their high-pitched wails in 80s spoof Inner City Pressure rivalling The Bee Gees.

That's not to forget rap parody Rhymenocerous, which is better than Eminem's recent albums.

They may joke about how tame their touring life is, but they're rapidly becoming superstars.

Source
For the latest Bret & Jemaine related news updates:
'Like' What The Folk! on Facebook
&
Follow What The Folk! on Twitter

Dot
Lost but happy at sea

Re: Glasgow - May 14 - Tour stop #9

Postby Dot » Sat May 29, 2010 12:32 am

My Lego poster arrived today and it's even more lovely in real life! Now I just need to get a frame for it and it can go up on my wall.

Return to “2010 Tour Archives”