Copenhagen, Denmark - May 23 - Tour stop #16

The place where all the 2010 European (and US) Tour threads are now moved to. If it's not there, it's here ;)
Amanda
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Re: Copenhagen, Denmark - May 23 - Tour stop #16

Postby Amanda » Mon May 24, 2010 2:26 am

AMUSE BOUCHE
After having slept only 4H I woke up yesterday morning (it's 2am of tomorrow now) and headed to the airport. The admitance in Copenhagen was first come first served..and i couldn't think of a better plan than lining up real early to get the best seat in the house! well that's exactly what happened. I took a shower, put on my concert gear and off to the venue i went.

This concert was held in a hotel -just like yesterday's- so i went up to the front desk and asked which was the way in to the theatre and camped there :lol: since i was the first one to arrive -it was 4pm-ish..and the doors opened at 7pm- i took a walk around the building to locate the stage door! To my surprise.. there were TWO stage doors.. but one of them was closer to the buses so i thought that might be the one. I went back into the lobby, where three girls were waiting for them as well.. all of a sudden one of them goes: OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! Jemaine, Nigel and Arj walk through the doors of the hotel :o ..and they say HI! to us :D . By 5PM people started to gather up around the doors until the lobby was full. They opened the doors at 7.05..just picture black friday.. it was a stampede! I wanted to get a seat on the centre right side because, imo, that's the best spot to see Jemaine without mics getting in the way.. instead i got a first row seat right in front of Jemaine's stool. :thumb:

The show started a litte after 8.. Arj came out..he was HILARIOUS! He had a different routine than the previous day ..for the most part.. but even the jokes that i had heard before made me laugh again.. bcause he delivered them differently.. After this there was an intermission and I took the oportunity to hit the loo, take a picture wth Arj by the merch table and a coke to keep me awake.. as if!

MAIN COURSE
The show began with Robots..helmets on and everything.. Since I was on the very first row and had already a bunch of pictures from the previous day.. i thought i'd only use the camera to record video because i wanted to pay full atention to the show. BUT.. Jemaine was right there in front of me looking SO RIDICULOUSLY GORGEOUS! I couldn't help myself :lol:

They played a lot of songs.. the audience was engaged from minute one and were very polite yet enthusiastic.. honestly, the best audience i've ever been in! we clapped along, singed along, danced along. and for one song we even stood up! It was epic.. and they were feeling very comfortable. They played a new song i don't recall hearing yesterday, did some funny banter in between. It was ace! They ripped off their clothes for Demon woman and left after an energetic performance.

SIDE DISH
The guys came out for the encore to an audience that was cheering them like there was no tomorrow! And i noticed Jemaine told something to Bret that made him look in my direction.. i thought i was going to be the one who Bret pulled onto the stage during Sugalumps.. so i was kinda expecting it to happen and was pretty excited about it :D They played Business time and a couple more, and then they played the first keys of Sexy Lady/Sugalumps.. I started recording BUT Bret went to the other side to pick his victim ..and then! came to me to take my camera and take pictures of their sugalumps!! Little did he know is that it was recording.. so he made a couple of very shaky videos of their lumps before realizing something wasn't right :lol: i changed the settings.. and he took pictures of everybody's crotches! :lol: Then both of them jumped on the first row and started thrusting their lumps! it was so funny! they went back up to the stage, thanked us for being an amazing audience and left.

I asked the security guy if there was somewhere where we could wait around to greet them..and he said they were not coming out :wink: and then i noticed Nigel was on the stage giving out the pics.. i walked up to him and thanked him for the show.. and asked him if he had a sharpie to sign my uke.. he was pretty excited that i had one and we chatted a bit about ukes and the WIUO ..he played it for a bit and then we took a picture together :D I told him i really wanted the guys to sign it and asked him if he knew if they were going to come out for a M&G he said he didn't know that it was really up to them. I told him to talk them into it.. that it would make me very happy :D
The security guy told him they were closing and asked him if i was with him ..he hesitated for a second and then said no. man! :lol: i told him i hoped to see him later and he told me to wait by the stage door.

...more to come :yawinkle:
Last edited by Amanda on Tue May 25, 2010 1:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
But if you did I'd hold you tight / Into every single night
And we'd fall asleep together / And we'd wake up in the sunlight
Well, maybe I'm a dreamer / But maybe one day you'll see / That dreams are...

Venus
She did indeed have the time of her life

Postby Venus » Mon May 24, 2010 2:33 am

:yay: I knew it was your camera they took after watching that YouTube video but I needed confirmation just to be sure! :lol: That's AWESOME, Amanda! I can't wait to read the rest of your account! :supz: :D
For the latest Bret & Jemaine related news updates:
'Like' What The Folk! on Facebook
&
Follow What The Folk! on Twitter

nonchalant obsession
WTF!'s Biggest Blasphemer. Apparently.

Postby nonchalant obsession » Mon May 24, 2010 2:51 am

Oh heavens, Amanda! :D What a night! :yay: Eagerly awaiting the rest of the story. (and video and photos) :nod:

Venus, that video was so fun to watch after knowing Bret was using Amanda's camera! And when he jumped out and started climbing through the crowd... :heart: :thud: :heart:
Image..Image..Image

DaMango
Stop touching the monkeys

Postby DaMango » Mon May 24, 2010 2:52 am

Eek! I can't wait to hear the rest!

Red
Getting lewd with the food

Postby Red » Mon May 24, 2010 2:58 am

Eeeee Amanda!! :hug: :yay:

Amanda

Postby Amanda » Mon May 24, 2010 3:11 am

DESSERT
I left the theatre and went straight to the stage door i had located earlier. There were only a man and his kid waiting. Then a young woman walked towards me and asked if i was waiting for them.. i told her i was.. and she said she was staying with me :thumb: security cleared us from that area because it was were the trucks had to dock to be loaded. But i could see his intentions and this girl and i walked towards the guy's bus instead. We were waiting when we run into Matt and my partner in crime asked him whether they were going to come out and if they were going to have drinks somewhere.. he said if we knew of any place they could grab a beer and was going to stay open late.. they were game! :shock: she said she'd get back to him.. so she called her friend -who was in this pub that closed at 2am- and asked for directions. We told Matt and he said they might go there then :o Then, Arj came out.. and we started talking about the possibility of a M&G..i told him i really wanted the guys to sign the uke and he said maybe he could take it with him and return it to me with their signatures.. but then i was missing out on the pictures with them and the video of them signing it!! He picked up on my accent that i was foreigner and we started talking about Barcelona.. where he's done some stand up comedy.. then he complimented my English :eyelashes: and said he really needed to go to the bus to drop his luggage and then he would try to go and talk the guys into meeting us. There were only seven of us waiting.. and apparently they let in the man with the kid to go meet them because they had cool shirts (they said I :heart: FOTC) which was really unfair because i was wearing my Jemaine & Bret & Murray & Mel tee! which is way cooler!

It was pretty chilly..so i could feel the frostbite eating through my feet ..and i had the biggest urge to pee. and that's when Bret came out!! He came straight to us and offered us liquorize.. but i know what liquorize does to your breath so i passed :wink: I asked him to sign my uke.. and he wrote "Amanda, ukes not nukes" and draw the little guitar with the wings :D we then took a bunch of pictures.. had a great laugh together.. and he went on to the next group of fans.

Bret was very very sweet and accomodating but i think he could read in my eyes that my heart belongs to the J-dogg. guilty as charged, sir :blush: then Arj walked up to me and asked me how happy i was.. *very, actually* but all i could think about was Jemaine.. would he come out? and he did.. and he was wearing that navy blue sweater with a white tee underneath :drool: he went to another group of fans, did his thing and then walked towards me. I shook his hand and felt like he had the intention of kissing me on the cheek instead (probably all in my imagination due to my cultural background where we greet everybody with one kiss on each cheek.) so i told him if it was ok if i gave him a kiss on the cheek.. he looked confused (and a little scared :lol: ) and Bret saved the situation asking Jemaine for a marker.. so i took the oportunity to change the subject and ask him to write something on my uke! he asked me if i was the girl on the first row.. i said i was and he said i looked familiar :yawinkle: he asked me what my name was.. and he wrote "Amanda, you're the most beautiful girl with a ukelele - Jemaine" :love: as he was writing he said it maybe was going to be too long.. which made me laugh and i told him "i was going to say.. the longer the better.. but that's inappropriate" which made him laugh :whitey: Nat, another girl i'd met there, recorded everything and took our picture..

..then we talked a bit about the tour.. he told me he was tired but it was being a lot of fun! :D he went to some other fans and then Arj pointed out that Dave was not mentioned on my shirt.. Jemaine looked at my shirt and said he had seen it from the stage.. that it was pretty cool.. and i thanked him and asked him if he had time for another picture.. he said he did and i took my leather jacket off.. snuggled up to him and took a second picture together :thumb: we thanked them again and their manager told them that the bus was leaving.. so we each parted our ways.

There's (almost) no beating tonight! :whitey:

Thank you for all the M&G vibes!!! they worked!!!
Last edited by Amanda on Tue May 25, 2010 1:58 am, edited 3 times in total.

Amanda

Postby Amanda » Mon May 24, 2010 3:14 am

I posted on FLICKR the first batch of pictures from tonight. The videos will take a bit longer because it's already past 4am and i have a flight to catch in a few hours. Enjoy!

Red
Getting lewd with the food

Postby Red » Mon May 24, 2010 3:17 am

Thank you, Amanda! Your story is so sweet and you look radiantly happy and beautiful in all your pictures with the guys.

ETA: Flickr pictures - OMG!

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Mon May 24, 2010 3:39 am

Amanda wrote:so i told him if it was ok if i gave him a kiss on the cheek.. he looked confused (and a little scared :lol: ) and Bret saved the situation asking Jemaine for a marker!
:bounce: :bounce:
Wow those flickr photos. :o :D

I'm on a Lost commercial break. More comments later...
90% evil
ImageImage

mockingbird
Thinks it's hot the way he looks left a lot

Postby mockingbird » Mon May 24, 2010 3:43 am

Amanda I loved reading your recap. :thumb: What an amazing night you had. The pics you posted are awesome, I'm off to look at your Flickr pics now. ;)

edit: I've only seen the first one but so far, so good. :drool:

edit again: Amanda your pics of Jemaine are masterpieces. :prayer: :clap: I love them all. Can I make one into an avatar? :eyelashes: (I'm fickle with the avatars these days. ;))

Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby Nancy » Mon May 24, 2010 4:02 am

Amanda, what a wonderful recap of a wonderful night! How great for you, my sweet! I'm sure you'll be on cloud nine for days! :whitey:
So, when does your uke go up in a hermetically sealed case on the wall? :yawinkle:
Oh, fish-like Lady
Lady-like Fish
I don't think so Bro, she's a Lady, Lady, Lady, Lady
No, no, she's a fish that's just a little bit
La-dy-ish! Yeah!

DaMango
Stop touching the monkeys

Postby DaMango » Mon May 24, 2010 4:08 am

Beautiful pictures! Thank you for staying up so late to share with us, Amanda! :prayer:

bibliaddict
Consistently Mediocre

Postby bibliaddict » Mon May 24, 2010 5:11 am

Oh, honey! So wonderful, I feel like i was there...

...and the shot of Bret with you strumming your uke is now my desktop!
Spandex Inspector #12

funny schipperke

Postby funny schipperke » Mon May 24, 2010 5:25 am

Amanda, you lucky girl! :yay:
Thanks for the recap. Sounds like you had a wonderful night! :D
Image Image

rachel
Half a shapely halibut

Postby rachel » Mon May 24, 2010 10:35 am