30th May 2010- The Hollywood Bowl, Los Angeles

The place where all the 2010 European (and US) Tour threads are now moved to. If it's not there, it's here ;)
vmh
Crying tears of a rapper

Re: 30th May 2010- The Hollywood Bowl, Los Angeles

Postby vmh » Mon May 24, 2010 7:48 pm

mohumbhai mania wrote:So it's like tailgating, but for concerts? That sounds so fun!

It's like a classier version of tailgating because instead of beer and BBQ, it's wine and light, finger food. :lol:
James Bobin: “It’s like a five-year-old and a three-year-old. Jemaine’s the five-year-old, and Bret’s the three-year-old. They’re both wrong, but the five-year-old thinks he’s right.”

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Mon May 24, 2010 8:07 pm

vmh wrote:
kellysouthpaw wrote:Maybe it would be a good idea to share a few. I will have no use for a picnic basket after the show since I won't be able to take it on the plane with me. But maybe we could get a few to go between us...what kinds of food will Whole Food have (we don't have them here so excuse my ignorance :lol: )

I actually don't have a picnic basket. I'm looking online right now and it looks like they're about $40 a basket. :shock: I think I've seen people come in with just bags of food instead of baskets. If you want, I could call the venue and see if that's okay. We could carry a few of them and conceal cameras in them somehow. I figure they're not going to have enough time to search everything and it's a better bet than storing the camera in your regular purse.

Whole Foods is a grocery store. They don't have any in my town either but there are more locations in LA. They have a really good deli/cafe section with an organic salad bar, made to order sandwiches, cheese, grab and go items, etc.

Please tell me the $40 was for a pre-made basket :shock: That would be great if you'd call and ask about bags of food. It'd be much easier for me to bring some gallon size ziploc bags or small Tupperware things in my luggage than a picnic basket :lol: .

Is there a Whole Foods close to the Hollywood Bowl? *goes to check Mapquest*

vmh
Crying tears of a rapper

Postby vmh » Mon May 24, 2010 8:12 pm

No! It was $40+ for just a regular picnic basket minus the food. Outrageous!

Proof: http://www.google.com/products?hl=en&q=picnic%20basket&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wf
James Bobin: “It’s like a five-year-old and a three-year-old. Jemaine’s the five-year-old, and Bret’s the three-year-old. They’re both wrong, but the five-year-old thinks he’s right.”

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Mon May 24, 2010 8:47 pm

By the way, here's what it says about what people get for their bus pass:

Once you arrive at the Bowl, take your Park & Ride, Bowl Shuttle or Metro ticket stub to the TourRider Booth. You will be rewarded with discounts and memberships to the Museum of Contemporary Art (MOCA), free day passes to the Los Angeles County Museum of Art (LACMA), free bowling at Lucky Strike Bowling Lanes, Yahoo! Music Cards, and a chance to win Logitech iPod Speakers, Disneyland Tickets, plus more.

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Mon May 24, 2010 9:45 pm

Edit: Moved the post to Member's Only :)

katie1030
Giving the paper to the people

Postby katie1030 » Mon May 24, 2010 10:28 pm

Hurricane wrote:
kellysouthpaw wrote:It also says that cameras and audio/video equipment is not allowed and all bags are subject to search by security before entrance.

I don't know but in my experience "no camera and audio/video equipment" often means "professional" equipment... I'd contact the venue and ask...

Hi! I don't know if anyone called about this yet, but I called the Hollywood Bowl about a month ago to ask about their camera policy and they said that it was a venue rule that NO cameras were allowed in. Then I asked some people that have been to a lot of concerts there and they told me they're not that strict about cameras. So if you're on the fence about it, I would definitely try to sneak one in, but attempt to keep it somewhat hidden from security during the concert. :)

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Mon May 24, 2010 10:38 pm

Hi katie. Thanks for the info. I think we've kind of been round with this topic before re: other venues. From my experience as a former avid concert goer the majority of venues state that cameras aren't allowed, particularly if you ask them directly about it. :lol: Know what I mean? They can't say, sure go crazy.
However, I've yet to be in a venue that had issues with cameras. That doesn't mean they don't exist but
I'm not at all concerned about bringing my camera and video camera to the bowl.

Are you going?
90% evil
ImageImage

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Mon May 24, 2010 10:48 pm

SW- I was waiting for you to give a Vegas or Hollywood background to your avatar! :thumb:
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Mon May 24, 2010 10:55 pm

Am I that predictable? LOL. The Hollywood sign isn't as pretty and it was proving harder to photoshop us into.
90% evil
ImageImage

katie1030

Postby katie1030 » Mon May 24, 2010 11:03 pm

Yep, I agree with you. Most of the concerts that I have been to really haven't cared too much about camera usage. There have only been a handful of them where I had security yell at me to put it away. :lol: But even then, I think it was mostly because I was recording and not just taking pictures.

Yep, I'm going! I'm really excited. I saw them last year at The Greek Theatre and cannot wait to see them again. That's very smart of you to bring both a point and shoot and a video camera. I would think about doing the same if the video camera I had wasn't so old and clunky.

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Mon May 24, 2010 11:20 pm

Well I'm bringing both because my regular camera doesn't take good video. Come to think of it my seats are so cruddy that there is no need for me to bring either. LOL.
90% evil
ImageImage

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Mon May 24, 2010 11:21 pm

Hi Katie! There's going to be quite a few of us going so you're in great company ;)

I plan on sneaking mine in, but being in the second row I have no idea how easy it will be to hide it from the security near the stage. Hopefully they will be lax. I know that, aside from the one security guy by Laura, the security in Detroit last year were brutal :roll:

katie1030

Postby katie1030 » Mon May 24, 2010 11:35 pm

Hi kellysouthpaw! I'm in the second row too, and I was worried about the exact same thing. Maybe we should try to sweet talk them to get them on our good sides. :lol: I think it really depends on the venue. Last year I was in the third row on the end and recorded pretty much the entire thing and security didn't say anything to me at all.

Ooh! I'm originally a Michigan girl myself, which people out here tell me is very apparent from my accent. :lol:

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Mon May 24, 2010 11:36 pm

Sweet-talk your security dude...chat him up...let him know you have a camera and will only use it to get some pics, not to tale lots of video....:eyelashes:
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Mon May 24, 2010 11:45 pm

Hey cool! Bret side or Jemaine side, Katie? Jemaine side is pool D and Bret side is pool B

Return to “2010 Tour Archives”