Stockholm, Sweden - May 24 - Tour stop #17

The place where all the 2010 European (and US) Tour threads are now moved to. If it's not there, it's here ;)
nonchalant obsession
WTF!'s Biggest Blasphemer. Apparently.

Re: Stockholm, Sweden - May 24 - Tour stop #17

Postby nonchalant obsession » Tue May 25, 2010 3:27 am

Were you in the front row again, Amanda!?!?!? No stories?!??!?! :o What does that mean?!?!?! No meet and greet...or Yes meet and greet and you want to torture us?!?!?!? :shock:
Image..Image..Image

Venus
She did indeed have the time of her life

Postby Venus » Tue May 25, 2010 3:23 pm

:prayer: :prayer: Thank you so much, Amanda! :D

Came across these pics as well:

More can be found here
For the latest Bret & Jemaine related news updates:
'Like' What The Folk! on Facebook
&
Follow What The Folk! on Twitter

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Tue May 25, 2010 3:27 pm

Both guys seem to be working on the guns. Very nice. That looks like a venue similar to the Melweg nice and small with the front row right up near the stage. :thumb:
90% evil
ImageImage

nonchalant obsession
WTF!'s Biggest Blasphemer. Apparently.

Postby nonchalant obsession » Tue May 25, 2010 3:31 pm

:shock: I want to be her....
Image..Image..Image

mockingbird
Thinks it's hot the way he looks left a lot

Postby mockingbird » Tue May 25, 2010 3:36 pm

Ahh, look at how close those fans are! So jealous. Is it too late to convince the guys to play a smaller venue on the west coast? ;)

Venus

Postby Venus » Tue May 25, 2010 3:37 pm

Yes, their guns are on fine form. ;) They are so close to the audience!
Haha, nonch! :lol:

More here
&

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Tue May 25, 2010 4:27 pm

Sooo many beautiful pics this tour....:love:
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

Amanda
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby Amanda » Tue May 25, 2010 8:43 pm

SHORT RECAP

Stockholm is a city composed of a lot of smallish islands. I was staying close to central station and had to take a bus to get to the island were the concert was held. As soon as i stepped in i knew i couldn't be mistaken.. the people was so hip and beautiful it felt as though I had walked into a Gossip Girl episode..and 6 out of 4 people were wearing dark thick rimmed glasses and FOTC themed clothing. :lol: you'd think they were fans.. but soon i had the impression the people were only there because it was cool..and they had an excuse to gather and drink! Because people kept walking in and out of the venue the whole time! The third row had 7 seats empty throughout all of Arj's act! and after the intermission..the person in front of me left to never return :o ..which, btw, gave me a spectacular view of the guys and allowed me to have a better view range to take the pictures.. but still!

I was sitting on the fourth row right in front of Jemaine :wink: he was wearing the grey cardigan with a stripped pink tee underneath and tighter jeans :thumb: and Bret wore a beautiful checked blue shirt. I have to say that Bret was looking amazing.. whereas Jemaine.. was looking a little tired .. I mean, he did an outstanding performance.. he gave his everything.. and was hilarious and sexy. ..not complaining at all :tsk: actually i have to acknowledge his acting..he has the best comedic timing.. and how beautifully he sang... .. i won't go on to describe what the lows of his voice do to my hormones :snakeman: this man has me seriously smitten. He just looked a little tired to me..which he is! He told me in Copenhagen :eyelashes: and I can’t blame him after one month touring non-stop, going to different cities by bus! staying up late (yes, boys..we know you don’t exactly go to sleep right after the show).. delivering an outstanding 2H show every night .. dancing, thrusting, singing.. meeting fans, being interviewed by the local press. And having been sick at the beginning of this tour to boot! ..aww :comehere: :bighug:

There were two girls sitting next to me who were squeeing and singing along..they mustn’t be over 20.. and they had a sign with several pictures of Jemaine’s lips that read Lipaliscious!! :lol: also, when they were about to start playing a song, a guy in the back shouted “Marco” and someone on the other end of the theatre replied “Polo” :roll: which made the guys stop their banter :tsk:
Bret hadn’t understood what those morons had said.. and Jemaine said that it probably was something that didn’t add anything to the show.. Bret told them to f*** up! :rolls: and Jemaine asked him to say it right :roll2: so he said “Shut the f*** up!” which received a great response from the audience :clap: they told the elevator joke and the muffin joke..which I have to admit, hasn’t gotten old after three nights :D I just love how skillfully they’ve rolled their banter into a song.. and a beautiful song, at that. And I even still laugh when they sing classics like Albi or Business Time! I guess that shows how good they are at what they do :nod:

For the encore they played the Bus Driver Song :D which I instantly recognized and cheered.. but I’m pretty sure no one else in the room had heard it before :? Then they started playing the first notes of Sexy Lady.. which was a song that I used to love but now makes me really sad when I hear it live.. because when I hear those notes I know that there’re not more than 15 minutes of show left :( and I know it leads to Sugalumps.. and everything that it involves .. but still.
Since the first row was just inches away from the stage they barely had any room to play around during Sugalumps..what a shame! :wink:

Since I had had the time of my life with them the previous night and the venue was pretty far from my hotel.. I decided it was best to leave it high and take the last bus back.

It has been a very intense weekend.. you can’t believe how happy I am that I was able to see them three nights in a row.. the weather was incredibly nice every day, I had wonderful seats all the nights.. I finally learned how to make the most of my camera..and was able to take such amazing footage of our beautiful boys. The volcano didn’t mess anything up..I nabbed the white t-shirt I wanted and run into Bret while wearing it at the airport.. :lol: and I GOT TO MEET THE GUYS AGAIN! And have my uke signed..and my picture taken and actually talk to them for a little bit. ..and almost got invited to join them for drinks! I feel blessed.
Thank you Jemaine and Bret..and Nigel and Arj* for being so talented, and humble..for touring again and for taking the time to meet with us.
And Thank YOU WTFers for cheering with me throughout it all.. it really hasn’t felt like I was there by myself. :hug:

*Mhmm.. I’m thinking of a new design for my Jemaine & Bret & Murray & Mel shirt..
But if you did I'd hold you tight / Into every single night
And we'd fall asleep together / And we'd wake up in the sunlight
Well, maybe I'm a dreamer / But maybe one day you'll see / That dreams are...

vmh
Crying tears of a rapper

Postby vmh » Tue May 25, 2010 8:57 pm

Amanda wrote:and I GOT TO MEET THE GUYS AGAIN! And have my uke signed..and my picture taken and actually talk to them for a little bit. ..and almost got invited to join them for drinks! I feel blessed.

Aw, amazing! But what is this almost nonsense? Why couldn't you join them for drinks?
James Bobin: “It’s like a five-year-old and a three-year-old. Jemaine’s the five-year-old, and Bret’s the three-year-old. They’re both wrong, but the five-year-old thinks he’s right.”

Amanda

Postby Amanda » Tue May 25, 2010 9:12 pm

My british acquaintances were talking to Bret and Matt about it during the M&G when two very rude self-called fans started hassling them.. saying that they were taking up too much of the guys' time :roll: and Bret went to take his picture with them and Matt left :( and then someone came to pick up Bret.. :bang:

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Tue May 25, 2010 9:13 pm

Betting dollars to doughnuts those "fans" were drunk :roll: *horrible memories of the "pink shirt" lady back in Detroit* *shudder*

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Tue May 25, 2010 9:18 pm

Oh man....some fans. All I can say is: Karma. :hrmpf:

I'm so glad all 3 nights were so wonderful for you. :) Anf thank you again, for the incredible pics, vids, and stories! You felt like you weren't alone- and we felt like we were there! :hug:

So, do you have everyone's sigs on your uke now? Are there pics on your Flickr?
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

Amanda

Postby Amanda » Tue May 25, 2010 9:42 pm

:bighug: Thank you Laura! :hug: I did get all the sigs on my uke.. :thumb: but i only have taken pictures of Jemaine's.. will put the rest up soon :yawinkle: as well as the pics from Oslo :D

Venus

Postby Venus » Thu May 27, 2010 6:57 pm

Thanks so much for the recap, Amanda! I'm so glad you had an awesome time! :thumb: Thanks for sharing your whole experience with us with all the lovely photos and videos! :hug:

Very good pics taken at the show can be found here. :)
&

closet jemainiac

Postby closet jemainiac » Thu May 27, 2010 7:48 pm

kellysouthpaw wrote:Betting dollars to doughnuts those "fans" were drunk :roll: *horrible memories of the "pink shirt" lady back in Detroit* *shudder*

I remember seeing video of that lady... :x :lol:

Didnt she at one point grab J's hand and tell him he was like John Lennon or something?? :lol:

Return to “2010 Tour Archives”