Berkeley, Ca - May 28 - Tour Stop #19

The place where all the 2010 European (and US) Tour threads are now moved to. If it's not there, it's here ;)
Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Berkeley, Ca - May 28 - Tour Stop #19

Postby Nancy » Sat May 29, 2010 4:25 am

Please post about the Greek Theatre, Berkeley, Ca gig in this thread. Only 'post gig' related conversation here please :)

Please ensure you have read the Gig section rules (and if you've not done so already, the general forum rules) before posting.

Save your real lusting/swooning for the Brettylicious Flytour & Jemaliscious Business hours are definately not over threads and keep these actual gig threads more discussion based and less lustful (if that is even remotely possible :roll: :lol: ).

WTF! CHAT ROOM - Click here to enter - Feel free to join us for a chat, a bit of a laugh and a catch up before, during & after the gig. :) Everyone welcome, lurkers, non registered people and forum members alike :)

Haven't been able to track down a poster for this show, but when it's available we'll post it.
Oh, fish-like Lady
Lady-like Fish
I don't think so Bro, she's a Lady, Lady, Lady, Lady
No, no, she's a fish that's just a little bit
La-dy-ish! Yeah!

LauraK
Boom King!

Re: Berkley, Ca - Greek Theatre - Tour Stop #19

Postby LauraK » Sat May 29, 2010 4:44 am

Twitter:

http://twitpic.com/1rzt4n

Looks like beautiful weather!
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Sat May 29, 2010 4:47 am

ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby Nancy » Sat May 29, 2010 5:05 am

I'm so glad it looks like good weather. I just looked out at the most beautiful almost-full moon.
Oh, fish-like Lady

Lady-like Fish

I don't think so Bro, she's a Lady, Lady, Lady, Lady

No, no, she's a fish that's just a little bit

La-dy-ish! Yeah!

vmh
Crying tears of a rapper

Postby vmh » Sat May 29, 2010 9:10 am

I'll keep this short. The show was AMAZING! We met Bret. And we saw Jemaine. We didn't talk to Jemaine because Eugene is a party pooper. The end.
James Bobin: “It’s like a five-year-old and a three-year-old. Jemaine’s the five-year-old, and Bret’s the three-year-old. They’re both wrong, but the five-year-old thinks he’s right.”

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Sat May 29, 2010 9:44 am

Eugene :tsk:

Amanda
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby Amanda » Sat May 29, 2010 10:00 am

Yay :yay: glad to hear the show was amazing and you met Bret!! Bret is the sweetest guy!! Maybe tonight you can reprimand Eugene and Jemaine ..give those two a good spank :twisted:
Pictures? :eyelashes:
But if you did I'd hold you tight / Into every single night
And we'd fall asleep together / And we'd wake up in the sunlight
Well, maybe I'm a dreamer / But maybe one day you'll see / That dreams are...

4everconchordsfan

Postby 4everconchordsfan » Sat May 29, 2010 10:33 am

The show was amazing! It was a gorgeous night. There was a full moon and it was a perfect crisp 60 degrees. The venue is awesome, couldn't believe how good the sound was. I was a little worried about that but it was just amazing.

Bret came out and visited with us for a bit, we all got pics & a brief word. He was being hurried along by the tour manager so he was short on time.

Suddenly Jemaine came out and began taking photos, there were 13 of us. One of the girls asked him to call Eugene over, and he did. Unfortunately from that point on Eugene pushed & edged Jemaine over to the van they were to leave in. Jemaine stayed though. He took a few photos and chatted a bit with a few of us. Then Eugene pushed him away. He really tried to stick around. I was really lucky to get a pic with him. I feel awful that Vmh and Eorious didn't get a chance too. :(

I had a bit of a chat with Nigel after the show while the girls ran to the merchandise table. The poster is FAB! It is by Nic Marshall & they are number in a series of 300. The poster is really great. Nigel is such a sweet guy. He gladly obliged and took a photo of the two of us. We had a bit of conversation he is a true gentleman.

We met up with the girls from fotcmb. We had a few giggles and talked awhile. I had my photo taken with the famous sock monkey (Jemaine had his photo taken with same sock monkey in SLC). All of the girls will be in LA also so we will all have the chance to meet up.

I am sorry that I don't have a setlist. I will try my best to list some of the songs. There was a LOT of banter and lots of our favorites as well as all of the new songs. We got Woo A Lady, On the Road, and the one about not loving them anymore. We got the Korean Karaoke, Epileptic Dogs, Who Wants to Rock the Party, Most Beautiful Girl, Jenny, Im Not Crying, Rhym vs. Hippo (btw we all were impregnated tonight), Too Many Dicks, Bowie, Demon Woman, Hurt Feeling, Inner City Pressure, If that's What You're Into, Think About It, Boom King, Robots, Business Time. I can't remember the rest...I will though and I will add to it.

Ok, its 233am and we're waiting for pizza. Will write more soon. We do have pics and vids.

Nighty Night.
Last edited by 4everconchordsfan on Sat May 29, 2010 11:20 am, edited 2 times in total.
"they're my celebrities, they're what I care about"

Amanda

Postby Amanda » Sat May 29, 2010 11:07 am

Thank you 4ever!!! :hug: i'm so happy you got the chance to talk with Jemaine and take your picture with him!! :yay: And with Bret!! and that you had a bit of conversation with Nigel. He IS a gentleman..a lovely guy with great conversation :nod: What was up with Eugene?!

Enjoy your pizza, ladies :D keep us updated so we can live vicariously through your great southwest experience :eyelashes:

vmh
Crying tears of a rapper

Postby vmh » Sat May 29, 2010 11:10 am

The ultimate Jemaine quote of the night:

"You can grind my organ but not that organ."
Last edited by vmh on Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
James Bobin: “It’s like a five-year-old and a three-year-old. Jemaine’s the five-year-old, and Bret’s the three-year-old. They’re both wrong, but the five-year-old thinks he’s right.”

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Sat May 29, 2010 11:39 am

I'm sitting in the airport waiting to board my first flight and I am squeeing (on the inside) about the meet and greet! Happy that Jemaine at least tried for the meet and greet! Shame on Eugene :tsk:

rachel
Half a shapely halibut

Postby rachel » Sat May 29, 2010 11:40 am

Really glad that the show was amazing and you all got to talk to Bret.
Shame about Eugene but at least Jemaine got to see a few people and tried to stick around. Here's hoping for some Jemaine m&g action after the next couple of shows.
@_raychul

funny schipperke

Postby funny schipperke » Sat May 29, 2010 12:18 pm

vmh wrote:The ultimate Jemaine quote of the night:

You can grind my organ but not that organ.

Heehee! Jemaine! :lol:

So glad to hear you girls had a great time. What's up with Eugene? He better not do that in Vegas or LA :tsk:

It's 6:15am here... I'm heading to the airport in a bit to meet up with Red! :D So excited!
Image Image

Amanda

Postby Amanda » Sat May 29, 2010 12:27 pm

:yay: so excited for the upcoming American WTFers' meet up :D i wish i was there with you :partyman:

Venus
She did indeed have the time of her life

Postby Venus » Sat May 29, 2010 1:43 pm

:yay: I'm glad you got to meet/see the guys after the show even though it was rushed!

That setlist is seriously impressive! I can't wait to read more about the show because it sounds like it was a lot of fun! :supz:

Thanks so much for the recap ladies! :D
For the latest Bret & Jemaine related news updates:
'Like' What The Folk! on Facebook
&
Follow What The Folk! on Twitter

Return to “2010 Tour Archives”