Las Vegas - May 29- Tour stop #20

The place where all the 2010 European (and US) Tour threads are now moved to. If it's not there, it's here ;)
Venus
She did indeed have the time of her life

Re: Las Vegas - May 29- Tour stop #20

Postby Venus » Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:59 am

Haha that's awesome, FS! Eye contact with Jemaine during a show is a wonderful thing. :love:
For the latest Bret & Jemaine related news updates:
'Like' What The Folk! on Facebook
&
Follow What The Folk! on Twitter

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:09 am

It is! I think we caught eyes a couple of times each night. I never know what to do when we catch eyes, so I don't blame you for waving.

OH! That reminds me: before the Hollywood Bowl show, we were waiting for the openers to come out, and there was only a curtain that was on the side as the "off stage" area. Anyone in the front on Jemaine's side could see them over there walking around. I saw Bret peek out a couple times, then I saw Jemaine peek out. I gave a small, non-chalant wave (one of those waist high, little flick of the wrist waves), and he darted back behind the curtain :lol:

It was completely light out, I don't know how he thought no one would see him :rolls:

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:12 am

funny schipperke wrote:I forgot to mention one of my favorite bits about this show. I think it was after the first song, during their first banter, Jemaine was looking out at the audience... he put his hand up over his eyes to block the lights and was looking right in my direction so I waved at him... and he waved back! He said, "Someone waved at me. I waved back at you, but I don't know you." or something to that effect. :lol:
Also, in the part during Albi right after he sings "which we all know, turn into jellybeans!" he was looking out into the crowd making those funny faces and he was looking right at me! :love: (Or at least, that's what I choose to believe... it was in my general direction, anyway, and the seats directly in front of me were empty so... )

He put his hand up over his eyes and was looking out at us. He goes, "I'm looking at you all - I hope that doesn't put you off" and then I saw someone wave (guess that was you, funny s! :D ) out of the corner of my eye and he said what funny s said. Something about "Hello. I don't know why you're waving at me - I don't know you" or something like that. I can't remember exactly.

SuzyBatt
Lucky for me I have a short attention sp ....

Postby SuzyBatt » Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:15 am

I remember FS telling me that, and I remember her hand going up. :wave:

My pics aren't very good, but for once I actually get to share something firsthand, so here goes...

I think I saw someone else with almost exactly this same pic.

I know they're a little Jemaine-centric, but honest, it's just because Bret was too far, and my cam too crappy. ;)

mockingbird
Thinks it's hot the way he looks left a lot

Postby mockingbird » Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:25 am

SuzyBatt wrote:I know they're a little Jemaine-centric, but honest, it's just because Bret was too far, and my cam too crappy. ;)

Nice pics, Suzy! I don't mind the Jemainecentricity in the least. ;) I know what you mean though - I had such a clear shot of Jemaine in Vegas and I didn't mind taking full advantage of it. Bret, not so much. But it all evened out because in LA I had a clear view of Bret and Jemaine was kind of obscured by the equipment. Too bad I ran out of space on my memory card. But in a way I was kind of glad because then I could just watch the show and not worry about taking pics, etc.

vmh
Crying tears of a rapper

Postby vmh » Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:06 am

kellysouthpaw wrote:Awww Sull :hug:

I'm really hoping they tour again. And if anything, I'm just going to tell myself they do until they announce officially that there will be no more.

Tuesday morning on my drive to school I cried a bit. YES I ADMIT IT. This bad dog cried a few tears of a rapper :cry:

:hug: :hug:

I cried tonight at work. I never cry! I don't know what's wrong with me! I don't want to be a downer but it's just that this weekend was so awesome and then I had to go back to my depressing job today. I'm not ready for it to be over. I feel like we're never going to see them again. :cry:
James Bobin: “It’s like a five-year-old and a three-year-old. Jemaine’s the five-year-old, and Bret’s the three-year-old. They’re both wrong, but the five-year-old thinks he’s right.”

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Fri Jun 04, 2010 1:13 pm

:hug: :goodman:

Just think of all of us who couldn't go and only have your wonderful stories and pics......you were there! :supz: For more than 1 show! :D You've got loads of great memories and can look forward to the next tour now. :)

I refuse to believe they're done. :hrmpf:

I do understand though.....after having seen them live, it was kind of a hard crash when it was over but still.....you'll always have that experience and you met so many great peeps, too!
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

SuzyBatt
Lucky for me I have a short attention sp ....

Postby SuzyBatt » Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:13 pm

LauraK wrote: :hug: :goodman:

Just think of all of us who couldn't go and only have your wonderful stories and pics......you were there! :supz: For more than 1 show! :D You've got loads of great memories and can look forward to the next tour now. :)

I refuse to believe they're done. :hrmpf:

I do understand though.....after having seen them live, it was kind of a hard crash when it was over but still.....you'll always have that experience and you met so many great peeps, too!

Yes Laura, that's exactly how I feel! I came soooo close to not going and I still can't believe I did go. I am just too grateful to be sad. Even though I occasionally feel bad about not meeting them, I just think of how lucky I am to have gone there at all; to have been to two vastly different shows, including one that was epic.

Take heart girls. I totally get how you're feeling. But just remember that you lived through an amazing experience that you can look back on forever.

And then, there's always the next tour. They can't stay away forever. I mean, seriously... :hrmpf:

:hug:

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:12 pm

funny schipperke wrote:I think Jemaine may have gained a little weight as the tour went on.

Haha, someone (who shall remain nameless) thought he may have had one too many complimentary muffins. The first night in the Dam in the white T he looked kind of beefy. Then the next night in the western shirt he looked so lean. And when I squeezed him hard (yes I'm rubbing it in again :P ) he didn't feel as meaty and squishy as I had imagined. :lol: I think he looked very lean onstage in both Vegas & LA. But when he puts the silver suit on...well...it's unforgiving and he's a pretty volumptous guy :waggle: Bret has the type of physique more suited to that rock and roll ensemble. The only place J is a little untoned is in the gut. It's nothing a few crunches wouldn't cure. I think his little puku is cute.

There will be no boo hooing. Ya hear? I don't have any doubts that they will tour again. I just hope we don't have to wait too long.
90% evil
ImageImage

mockingbird
Thinks it's hot the way he looks left a lot

Postby mockingbird » Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:22 pm

Ditto all that. :nod: I have to say I think Jemaine looked PERFECT. Like, seriously perfect. Greek god perfect. :prayer: Even in his silver suit. ;)

SheWolf wrote:There will be no boo hooing. Ya hear? I don't have any doubts that they will tour again. I just hope we don't
have to wait too long.

I hope you're right. And that next time they do a meet and greet! I'm still working on getting over that.

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Fri Jun 04, 2010 5:24 pm

Jemaine did look perfect. Especially in that shirt. He couldn't have chosen a better shirt, IMHO :tonqe:

DaMango
Stop touching the monkeys

Postby DaMango » Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:41 pm

SheWolf wrote:There will be no boo hooing. Ya hear? I don't have any doubts that they will tour again. I just hope we don't have to wait too long.

I'm not crying, it's just my allergies, I swear. :cry:

Honestly, what saddened me the most was having to leave that sunny, musical fantasy world, and return to the rain and my miserable job. I'm sure they will tour again, probably when we least expect it. I certainly wasn't expecting the US tour dates, but there they were! Those boys are full of surprises. :D

Besides, Jemaine left us with a little souvenir. His rhymes were so potent, he made all of the ladies in the first 5 rows pregnant! ("Congratulations, bitches!" :lol: )

vmh
Crying tears of a rapper

Postby vmh » Sat Jun 05, 2010 12:40 am

Yeah. He got me pregnant three nights in a row. I'm still waiting to receive child support for little Naomi. If he keeps this up, I'm going to have to get my tubes tied.
James Bobin: “It’s like a five-year-old and a three-year-old. Jemaine’s the five-year-old, and Bret’s the three-year-old. They’re both wrong, but the five-year-old thinks he’s right.”

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Sat Jun 05, 2010 12:41 am

I'm also doubly pregnant. Jemaine's got some supportin' to do :waiting: :lol:

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Sat Jun 05, 2010 1:01 am

We'd better start saving for all the baby shower gifts needed in 9 mos.......:lol:
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

Return to “2010 Tour Archives”