Berkeley, Ca - May 28 - Tour Stop #19

The place where all the 2010 European (and US) Tour threads are now moved to. If it's not there, it's here ;)
vmh
Crying tears of a rapper

Re: Berkeley, Ca - May 28 - Tour Stop #19

Postby vmh » Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:45 pm

eorious wrote:but I'm not sure of the status of her photos.... (she had a memory card snafu) :(

Ahhh...noooooooo! But you have pictures from the show in Berkeley, right? I should have brought my camera. :(
James Bobin: “It’s like a five-year-old and a three-year-old. Jemaine’s the five-year-old, and Bret’s the three-year-old. They’re both wrong, but the five-year-old thinks he’s right.”

4everconchordsfan
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby 4everconchordsfan » Sat Jun 05, 2010 7:06 pm

vmh wrote:
eorious wrote:but I'm not sure of the status of her photos.... (she had a memory card snafu) :(

Ahhh...noooooooo! But you have pictures from the show in Berkeley, right? I should have brought my camera. :(

So sorry about the photo, it was an accident that I walked past. I was staking a place to take your photo with Bret. Then I did get 2 or 3 pics of you with Bret. Problem is that the entire end of the Berkeley show, the pic with me & Nigel after the show, the meet n greet pics of Jemaine & I, and the Las Vegas concert were wiped out on my memory card. Believe me, ive cried about it no end. It pains me. :oops: :oops: :( The status now is that I have downloaded at least 5 different programs on my computer for photo recovery. The problem seems to be that in the recovery the programs are only finding the last bits of photos taken. Those last photo's the one's at Mel's Diner & Malibu seem to have overwritten any previous photos. I refuse to give up. I just keep downloading different programs and re-running the scan. I am hopeful. Ive already recovered the group photo at PH. That was a godsend because I think the photo on my camera might be one of the best group shots. The one from DaMango's camera turned out great too. So I am trying to stay calm and work through the problem with patience. Hopefully good things will come our way. Will take any good vibes that come my way. I can use it. :pray: :pray:

I do have a few Berkeley pics and vids from the very 1st memory card that I used for the first 1/2 or 3/4 of the show. The vids take a lot of memory when I switched out to the next card is when I had the snafu. :bang:

I am going to get those vids uploaded now & will try to have everything up late afternoon or this evening.
Last edited by 4everconchordsfan on Sun Jun 06, 2010 5:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
"they're my celebrities, they're what I care about"

vmh
Crying tears of a rapper

Postby vmh » Sun Jun 06, 2010 1:20 am

Comedy advice from Jemaine:

“It’s all luck.”

http://goedwingo.tumblr.com/post/667584498/comedy-advice-from-jemaine-clement

This was from the Berkeley afterparty.
James Bobin: “It’s like a five-year-old and a three-year-old. Jemaine’s the five-year-old, and Bret’s the three-year-old. They’re both wrong, but the five-year-old thinks he’s right.”

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Sun Jun 06, 2010 1:32 am

vmh wrote:I'm so sorry that none of us got a hug from the J-Dog. Except for SheWolf. If I learned anything from the last two tours it is: go to the first few shows!

:hug: I'm sorry v. Though admittedly I wasn't nearly as disappointed by no M&G after the Bowl as I expected to be (the show itself was such a high it kept me aloft for some time) I was looking forward to the experience of having FOTC interact with our group. I would have loved to have gone into paparazzi mode and just snapped away catching all the little moments. For myself, the photos that nonch took of J & I talking (that I didn't know she took) are every bit, if not more, special to me than the posed ones. Those are the moments I regret not being able to have witnessed first hand or to have documented in L.A. :(

Why the first few shows? They didn't do "real" M&Gs at the first 4 shows this tour. It just so happened that the places were so small and some of us were lucky enough to snag them. I still pinch myself that we were able to be at the right place and the right time when Jemaine came out. If we had been further down the hall or still inside the venue he could have come & gone and we never would have seen him.
90% evil
ImageImage

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Sun Jun 06, 2010 1:43 am

vmh wrote:Comedy advice from Jemaine:

“It’s all luck.”

http://goedwingo.tumblr.com/post/667584498/comedy-advice-from-jemaine-clement

This was from the Berkeley afterparty.

Aw dang that was flippin' profound. And very true and wise.
90% evil
ImageImage

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Sun Jun 06, 2010 2:05 am

4ever.....:( I'm so sorry your memory card ate your pictures! I hope you can find a program that will force it to sick them up.....:hug:

Thanks for that link, vmh! Wow....very true and yet he's being humble, imo. You need both luck and talent, and they have that aplenty. :)
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Sun Jun 06, 2010 2:09 am

He is being humble. However there are loads of people with talent who never become successful so he's right that luck has so much to do with it.
90% evil
ImageImage

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Sun Jun 06, 2010 2:17 am

True....lots of variables come into play like 'right-place-right-time' or having an 'in' with someone. We also see the talentless who merely look good make it big. (In music, I mean.)

I know it sounds fawning but they really do seem to have it all- talent, looks, personality, kindness, and support of friends and family. :hug:
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

vmh
Crying tears of a rapper

Postby vmh » Sun Jun 06, 2010 2:37 am

SheWolf wrote:Why the first few shows? They didn't do "real" M&Gs at the first 4 shows this tour. It just so happened that the places were so small and some of us were lucky enough to snag them. I still pinch myself that we were able to be at the right place and the right time when Jemaine came out. If we had been further down the hall or still inside the venue he could have come & gone and we never would have seen him.

So what you're really trying to say is, "It's all luck"? :wink:

Some of the people that got backstage passes in Berkeley were waiting in the front entrance of the venue immediately after the show and got lucky. If only we were a part of that group. ::sigh::

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Sun Jun 06, 2010 2:40 am

:hug: No use beating yourself up now, V. Let's just hope for the next time around :nod:

If it's anything I learned, it's that the last couple of shows are probably not very good for meet and greets. That's when the after-parties begin it looks like...

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Sun Jun 06, 2010 2:55 am

I should think the big cities like NYC, LA & London would be least likely too as it seems more people want to wine and dine with them or they have friends to meet etc. But it seems they did show up after 1 or 2 London shows. However, not having anything to do after, like they "supposedly" just went home after the first Amsterdam gig, doesn't necessarily guarantee a M&G either On the other hand, Nonch, Lexie and I were literally the only people waiting for them. Everyone cleared out of that joint fast that night so maybe they didn't think they had anyone to stick around for. Oh well, we could talk it to death but I guess this isn't the place for that and no matter how much we analyze there is a big variable of luck involved. :)
90% evil
ImageImage

4everconchordsfan

Postby 4everconchordsfan » Sun Jun 06, 2010 4:07 am

Laurak, thank you for the good vibes. It gives me hope and inspiration to keep trying. Ive been at it all day. At times I feel detemined and at times I am discouraged.

V, I wish that you weren't so sad. :( my heart aches for you. We'll give Jemaine hugs & get our hug pics next time. They will be back, keep the faith. They will. Don't know how soon but they will. How can they resist our group of lovely laydeez?!

I am in the process of loading some pics & vids tonight. Hope to have some stuff up by tomorrow. I did have a security guy behind me and was being watched so some of the vids are actually audio only with little spurts of picture & video. Hope you will all enjoy them.
"they're my celebrities, they're what I care about"

Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby Nancy » Sun Jun 06, 2010 4:08 am

You're right, SW - like Jemaine said, "It's all luck". :nod:
Oh, fish-like Lady
Lady-like Fish
I don't think so Bro, she's a Lady, Lady, Lady, Lady
No, no, she's a fish that's just a little bit
La-dy-ish! Yeah!

closet jemainiac

Postby closet jemainiac » Sun Jun 06, 2010 4:32 am

mockingbird wrote:The guys owe us hugs. Well, at least until they become more confident. :waggle: :lol: I think they need to go on a Huggy Tour and visit each of our cities and hug us, lol. It's the least they can do.

This is an excellent idea. :lol:

4everconchordsfan

Postby 4everconchordsfan » Sun Jun 06, 2010 5:14 am

Korean Karoke. Bret does his little dance at the end, he is adorable. He looks like he is having so much fun.

The video was just uploaded tonight, the quality may improve a bit.

More to come....

p.s. if you do happen to visit my youtube page im listed as 4evermdfan. I joined youtube quite a long time ago and at the time absolutely loved a australian tv show called McLeod's Daughters (md) & that's how 4evermdfan came to be. Anywho if you go there & see 4evermdfan you'll know that it is me.

A nice photo, wish I had zoomed in better.
Last edited by 4everconchordsfan on Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “2010 Tour Archives”