Concerts

Everything else you can poke a stick at. And then some.
Panda..ness
Consistently Mediocre

Re: Concerts

Postby Panda..ness » Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:17 am

I said i was going to that evolution festival to see the horrors, well i did & the whole day was just horrible.

It started with me having to turn up with my bag because security had said to my friends that gates opened at 10, when they actually opened at 12. So we had to stand there for ages, while i needed the loo D: & i decided to go find a loo because id been stood there for ages & thought they'd let me back in but no, i had to queue again. So i had to push my way to the front to find my friends, & it was ok for a couple of hours. Then the sun was just so horrible, on our faces permanently for like 3 hours till it moved a bit.
Then later on people started really pushing, & we were squished against the barrier while people thought it would be funny to chuck loads of bottles & other stuff towards the front. This didnt stop until we left, so every band had stuff coming at them aswell as people getting hit at the front (i got him in the face really hard with a plastic bottle...REALLY hurt)
& by the time horrors came on (after standing for EIGHT HOURS), people were starting to be really not nice, pushing & shouting stuff. & to make things worse, horrors had technical difficulties throughout (which wasn't their fault obviously) & had to cut the set short because of it. I did love the time they were on, but i just felt so sorry for them.
AND after we got back home, other people who were there told us that people further back had been shouting racist & horrible stuff at the band...which is just not on.

Sorry for this long post, but it was just such a horrible day. I love the horrors SO much & i dont blame them for any problems they had, but i just felt so sorry for them & what they had to put up with. I did meet joe, horrors drummer after & he was really lovely, so thats good :)
& i did get some pics xD http://www.flickr.com/photos/pandalotte ... 182518018/

Why did i get double stuffed?

Emafer

Postby Emafer » Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:45 pm

I can't do festivals anymore for all of those reasons. I haven't been able to do them for years. Too many people, too much chaos. I say I'm never going to do them again and then I'll get sucked into one and it's HORRIBLE. The last was the Mile High Fest it's first year. There weren't enough bathrooms, not enough water, WAY more people than expected and the staff didn't know what wrist band was allowed where so even as artist guest they wouldn't let us "behind the scenes" to see our friends who got us the passes! :bang: Then the second day they wouldn't even let us in VIP. And nobody would tell us the correct place to park. I finally parked between 2 tour buses and yelled to the security guard "WRITE ME A FREAKING TICKET!" :shock: It was like 110 degrees and horrible. I had a total melt down while having lunch with John Mayer hahahahha. :biggrin:

That being said, I got to see Steve Winwood who TOTALLY killed! :yay: And Tom Petty who is never not totally freaking awesome! :rock: Mike Campbell was in rare form. And then Winwood got on stage with the Heartbreakers whis was TOTALLY RAD! :supz: And it was one of the finest sets I'd seen The Black Crowes do in a long time. :supz: And that's when Luther Dickinson had first started playing with them and it was an absolutely joy to see Luther meld with them.

Lately, I've been a total concert loser. I'm normally out at the shows a couple of nights a week. But I've had so much going on and still battling these headaches. So I've been kind of a hermit. But I am totally looking forward to seeing The Crowes this summer :supz: I would have loved to have flown out to a few Conchords gigs, but life happened hahahahahah. :rolleyes:

And I think that I will also got see The Dead Weather :D

vmh
Crying tears of a rapper

Postby vmh » Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:27 pm

I'm thinking about seeing Crowded House and Lawrence Arabia in August. I've never really listened to Crowded House but I think Lawrence Arabia has some catchy tunes. Yay or nay?
James Bobin: “It’s like a five-year-old and a three-year-old. Jemaine’s the five-year-old, and Bret’s the three-year-old. They’re both wrong, but the five-year-old thinks he’s right.”

Emafer

Postby Emafer » Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:42 pm

I LOVED Crowded House. LOVED! When I was a freshman in high school, I got invited to a Crowded House concert by a senior that I had a crush on. My mom wouldn't let me go. I'm still mad at her hahahahaha :lol: In her defense I was only 13 at the time and Casey was almost 19 so she was just trying to protect me :horny: But they are still one of my faves.

nonchalant obsession
WTF!'s Biggest Blasphemer. Apparently.

Postby nonchalant obsession » Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:35 am

Red
Getting lewd with the food

Postby Red » Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:25 am

Your slide show is blank to me, Nonch. :hrm:

nonchalant obsession

Postby nonchalant obsession » Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:32 am

Really? It works for me. :hrm: It takes a sec or two to load. Still nothing? Try this link.... http://s956.photobucket.com/albums/ae41 ... 20Weather/ and click on slideshow.

kipples
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby kipples » Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:03 am

Sorry to hear about you crap day going to see the Horrors Panda. Sounds like you had a supremely awful time.

Red

Postby Red » Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:34 am

It's working now, Nonch. Thanks!

Great pictures as per usual! Allison is such a badass! I love her. It's awesome to see them with the Lips stage set up behind them!

Red

Postby Red » Sun Jul 04, 2010 5:01 am

I got tickets to see Arcade Fire in August at the Ryman in Nashville!!! :yay: :nana: They don't have any Texas dates on this tour but they just happened to be playing in Nashville the week that I already had scheduled off for vacation. Our original plan was to go to the beach but a certain oil spill ruined that plan. So we're going to Nashville (one of my favorite cities) instead to visit friends and see what I'm sure will be an amazing show. If you've never seen the Arcade Fire live, you must! Definitely one of the best concerts I've ever been to.

VaiVedrai
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby VaiVedrai » Sun Jul 04, 2010 5:13 am

Now that the Jazz Festival is going on, I can add in my $0.02 here. I've only been to some of the outdoor/free concerts, but no complaints so far.

One of the larger events advertised was for the local trip-rock duo Beast, which I'd never heard of up until then, but I went with a friend to check it out and we both enjoyed it. The show included a string quartet and Bulgarian choir, and singer Betty Bonifassi has a stage presence to rival or outdo Trent Reznor.
:supz: <--That was me during the concert.

There was a "surprise concert" event last night, that was revealed to be the French electro-jazz group Caravan Palace. Think Daft Punk meets Django Reinhardt and his whole ensemble, and you have a pretty good idea of how that show was.
Check the previously mentioned icon. :supz:
If you don't know the answer, change the question.

nonchalant obsession

Postby nonchalant obsession » Sun Sep 26, 2010 3:33 pm

Rodrigo y Gabriela cancelled their concert in my city. It sounds like the wise choice, but I'm disappointed.
Image..Image..Image

mockingbird
Thinks it's hot the way he looks left a lot

Postby mockingbird » Sun Sep 26, 2010 4:11 pm

Awww. Too bad. Why did they cancel? I would LOVE to see them. :thumb:

nonchalant obsession

Postby nonchalant obsession » Sun Sep 26, 2010 4:22 pm

Gabriela is having some pain in her wrist/fingers. I'm not surprised with her style of play, so docs suggested a break.
Image..Image..Image

nonchalant obsession

Postby nonchalant obsession » Sun Sep 26, 2010 4:23 pm

Oh, by the way...did you know their latest album is entitled 11:11? It cracked me up with your comments on the Smackdown thread. :lol:
Image..Image..Image

Return to “Off topic rambles”