Los Angeles - May 30 - Tour stop #21

The place where all the 2010 European (and US) Tour threads are now moved to. If it's not there, it's here ;)
eorious
Consistently Mediocre

Re: Los Angeles - May 30 - Tour stop #21

Postby eorious » Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:12 pm

I've been slowly working at getting all of my videos posted from the three shows. The quality isn't as good as I would have liked (I'm definitely getting a new camera before the next tour!) so I've been trying to clean up the video/audio as much as I can before posting. It's taking me a while to do since I've never really done this before.

Here are a couple from the Hollywood Bowl. I still have one or two more videos to do from this show, and a lot of audio. The ushers were keeping a sharp eye out for filming in our section so I did more audio than video, sadly. :cry:

Too Many Dicks & Rock the Party:

A short clip of the Boom King bum wiggling:

More to come, hopefully soon. :)

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:48 pm

Oh this is great, eorious!! I was missing a really good whole version of JUST TMD/Rock the Party where the audio is pretty good and the video is also good. My version the video is pretty good but the audio is CRAP.

And I'm also missing some audio bits to this show so I'm happy with whatever you've got :prayer:

Red
Getting lewd with the food

Postby Red » Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:35 pm

I love that it looks like Bret is just having the best time during Too Many Dick/Rock the Party! :D

Great videos, eorious!

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:17 pm

Agreed, Red. I remember seeing him laughing during "Rock The Party" and thinking to myself, "I bet he's laughing because he would never imagine he would be leading a 'call and answer' sing-along with 18,000 people to a fake song"

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:29 pm

Jem's bum wiggle = :shock: :drool: :supz:
90% evil
ImageImage

eorious
Consistently Mediocre

Postby eorious » Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:42 pm

Oh, I'm so glad you guys like them! :D

Admittedly, the sound on these is still not that great, but I thought they were worth posting anyway. (My boyfriend told me they were unwatchable. :? ) I think being so close to the stage resulted in a lot of hum/feedback on my camera's microphone. Audacity has become my new best friend for removing noise from the audio track. :thumb:

kellysouthpaw wrote:And I'm also missing some audio bits to this show so I'm happy with whatever you've got :prayer:

I think I have some of what you're missing, Kelly. Weren't you looking for the banter about being stuck in an elevator? I have that in a chunk of about four songs (just audio) that I need to break apart and clean up. But I've been concentrating on getting the videos posted first before I tackle the audio-only stuff. I think I have maybe 6 more full videos to go, plus some fragments. :rolleyes:

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:44 pm

I'm missing the elevator story, Inner City Pressure and the water bottle bit

eorious
Consistently Mediocre

Postby eorious » Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:17 pm

I have Inner City Pressure also. I remember the water bottle bit, but what songs was it in between? I don't think I have it.

vmh
Crying tears of a rapper

Postby vmh » Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:21 pm

Thanks for sharing those videos, eorious!

eorious wrote:I have Inner City Pressure also. I remember the water bottle bit, but what songs was it in between? I don't think I have it.

6. Jenny
Jemaine dropped his water bottle and made Matt pick it up-how rock 'n' roll!
costume changes-like Lady Gaga
7. Korean Karaoke

The complete setlist is on Page 16 if you need it for reference.
James Bobin: “It’s like a five-year-old and a three-year-old. Jemaine’s the five-year-old, and Bret’s the three-year-old. They’re both wrong, but the five-year-old thinks he’s right.”

eorious
Consistently Mediocre

Postby eorious » Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:54 pm

Ok thanks, V!

No I definitely don't have the water bottle banter. Although I think Bret mentioned Lady Gaga after the Karaoke song at Berkeley too, and I do have that. I'll post that later tonight in the Berkeley thread.

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:55 pm

What's this "Audacity" that you use, eorious? Is it pretty good at improving audio quality? Maybe it can do something with my youtube videos that sound like yuck.

eorious
Consistently Mediocre

Postby eorious » Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:06 am

It's some free sound editing software I stumbled upon last week after downloading literally 6 other trial versions of audio/video editing software and not liking any of them. More info about it here: http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

I pull the sound out of the video, tinker with it in Audacity and then put it back in (using one of the trial video editing software thingamajigs I downloaded). I think I'll probably end up buying one of the video editors, but Audacity is the best sound editor I've found so far and it's FREE! :lol:

nonchalant obsession
WTF!'s Biggest Blasphemer. Apparently.

Postby nonchalant obsession » Tue Jun 15, 2010 3:18 am

:roll2: :roll2: :roll2: :roll2: Those are great. I seriously just watched them four times each...edit five times each. :biggrin: Thanks eorious, great job! Where were you sitting? It looks like you were sort of near me. Despite a few technical problems, (Matt was getting the look from both guys in TMD)...they were certainly getting down with their bad selves. :nana:

I can hardly wait for the rest of your videos, E. :thumb:
Image..Image..Image

SuzyBatt
Lucky for me I have a short attention sp ....

Postby SuzyBatt » Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:10 am

Oh yeah, those were great! Haven't actually watched any vids in a while (taking a break from reliving it all). But those had me right back, except, from a different angle. Nice work! :clap:

eorious
Consistently Mediocre

Postby eorious » Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:38 am

nonchalant obsession wrote:Where were you sitting? It looks like you were sort of near me.

I was fourth row Bret-side. It was the perfect angle for Jemaine pictures, except none of my pictures really turned out. :cry: So I appreciate your photos all the more, not really having any of my own. Speaking of which, I think I need to go bury myself in your Flikr account for a while... :bolt:

Return to “2010 Tour Archives”