Seen any good movies lately?

Everything else you can poke a stick at. And then some.
ItsAllRyche
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Re: Seen any good movies lately?

Postby ItsAllRyche » Fri Jun 18, 2010 5:04 am

Okay on a different level of movie....just saw "Get him to the Greek". I am a Russel Brand fan, and this did the trick.

It includes a bunch of lines in direct relations to "Forgetting Sarah Marshall", and some good scenes that was following her 'career'. :wink:

I apologize if someone talked about this earlier, I skimmed through and did not see anything...

Anyway, I laughed and laughed, except toward the end, some totally unnecessary scenes that dragged on too long, all in all I really needed the laugh and it was stupid enough to deliver. :clap:

This weekend, heading out to see "Toy Story3' yay! 3-D baby, just like the last Shrek which I thought was superb!!!!
[img]Arj-Barker-Banner-arj-barker-230459_800_100[/img]

vmh
Crying tears of a rapper

Postby vmh » Fri Jun 18, 2010 5:43 am

I haven't seen anything in theatres lately but I'm really looking forward to seeing Cyrus and The Kids Are Alright. Both are playing at LA Film Fest this week but my chances of getting in look pretty slim. I might have to wait until they open at the local Laemmle in July.

James Bobin: “It’s like a five-year-old and a three-year-old. Jemaine’s the five-year-old, and Bret’s the three-year-old. They’re both wrong, but the five-year-old thinks he’s right.”

Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby Nancy » Fri Jun 18, 2010 5:59 am

A friend from Crazy For You, Jodi Benson, is the voice of Barbie in Toy Story 3.
Oh yeah, she was also the voice of Ariel in a little movie called The Little Mermaid. :sing:

I really like all the leads in Cyrus - I've been looking forward to seeing it myself. Hope you get in, V.

I can't help it, I can only think of The Who The Kids Are Alright when I hear that Annette Bening movie title. :roll:
Oh, fish-like Lady
Lady-like Fish
I don't think so Bro, she's a Lady, Lady, Lady, Lady
No, no, she's a fish that's just a little bit
La-dy-ish! Yeah!

Great H
Stop touching the monkeys

Postby Great H » Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:00 am

Thanks AllRyche - think I may go see that tonight. Just what I'm in the mood for after a hard week. :D

Great H
Stop touching the monkeys

Postby Great H » Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:39 pm

Yep, it was the perfect antidote to a hard week. I particularly enjoyed the adrenaline spasm scene in the car. LOL!
Nice to see cameo roles from 'Mel' and 'the racist fruit vendor' too! :lol:

Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby Nancy » Sat Jun 19, 2010 2:18 am

Toy Story got a rave review in our paper - 5 out of 5 stars! :thumb:
Oh, fish-like Lady

Lady-like Fish

La-dy-ish! Yeah!

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:18 am

I think I may take Des to see it tonight cause my parets are going to a baseball game and my sister is working. Instead of sitting home all evening we might as well do SOMETHING! and ge LOVES the Toy Story movies...is 3 and a half too young to go to a movie, do you think?

Peaches
Getting lewd with the food

Postby Peaches » Sat Jun 19, 2010 4:20 pm

ItsAllRyche wrote:Okay on a different level of movie....just saw "Get him to the Greek". I am a Russel Brand fan, and this did the trick.

It includes a bunch of lines in direct relations to "Forgetting Sarah Marshall", and some good scenes that was following her 'career'. :wink:

I apologize if someone talked about this earlier, I skimmed through and did not see anything...

Anyway, I laughed and laughed, except toward the end, some totally unnecessary scenes that dragged on too long, all in all I really needed the laugh and it was stupid enough to deliver. :clap:

This weekend, heading out to see "Toy Story3' yay! 3-D baby, just like the last Shrek which I thought was superb!!!!

Oh good! I wanna see it but no one will come with me :(
"Item 4 on the agenda: Stuff you!"

"Who else? Mur.. Ray... Oh. Greg's written this, he's put the R's too far apart. It's Murray.. Murray present"

ImageImage
ImageImageImage

Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby Nancy » Sat Jun 19, 2010 9:51 pm

Kelly, has he been to any type of performance with an audience before? The one surprising thing that scares kids when they go to a show or a movie for the first time is having the lights go down, and the darkness combined with the loud sound can be scary for some kids. I have no idea if he's too young. It's in 3-D, so the glasses alone could be intriguing for him. Can you call the theatre and ask if he's okay?
Oh, fish-like Lady

Lady-like Fish

La-dy-ish! Yeah!

Peaches
Getting lewd with the food

Postby Peaches » Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:33 pm

Does anyone else hate 3D? Or just me? I wear glasses...and it's freakin annoying having to put glasses over the top of your other glasses...
"Item 4 on the agenda: Stuff you!"

"Who else? Mur.. Ray... Oh. Greg's written this, he's put the R's too far apart. It's Murray.. Murray present"

ImageImage
ImageImageImage

Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby Nancy » Sun Jun 20, 2010 12:34 am

I've never sat through a whole 3-D movie, just Captain Eo in DisneyWorld. I thought it was cool, but I can see wearing glasses over glasses would get to be a drag after awhile.
Oh, fish-like Lady

Lady-like Fish

La-dy-ish! Yeah!

Faith
A pastry chef and a sniper

Postby Faith » Sun Jun 20, 2010 12:48 am

I'm totally with you on the wearing glasses over the glasses thing, Peaches. I did that while watching Avatar, not fun. I have to remember to wear my contacts when seeing a 3D movie.

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Sun Jun 20, 2010 1:15 am

Nancy wrote:Kelly, has he been to any type of performance with an audience before? The one surprising thing that scares kids when they go to a show or a movie for the first time is having the lights go down, and the darkness combined with the loud sound can be scary for some kids. I have no idea if he's too young. It's in 3-D, so the glasses alone could be intriguing for him. Can you call the theatre and ask if he's okay?

No he hasn't. We ended up taking him and he did, surprisingly, well. I mean, he wasn't able to sit still which is pretty standard for a kid his age. And he was a little squirmy and talked a little bit. But when I told him to "hush" he always obliged, and he just seemed more interested in trying out every seat in our row (it was completely empty except for us) than watching the movie. I think when he's a little older and after the movie theater isn't so "new", he'll do much better. But for the first time, he did really well, I thought.

As for the movie itself - I cried. It was a lot darker than the others. I didn't think it was as funny, either. Just dark and...really sad.

But it was still good - REALLY good. Though I think the 3D was unnecessary.

biscuit
Give me some scruff and a leather jacket...or just the scruff

Postby biscuit » Sun Jun 20, 2010 1:23 am

You cried :( Oh no. I really want to see it but the cinema is crazy expensive over here and I don't want to pay to cry :P

Well, done Des btw :) I've always taken mine to the cinema for the first time when they were between two and three:) (My girl did a lot better than the boys, but they all turned into good little cinema goers in no time :wink: )
Thanks to Ariadne at RAC for my gorgeous new avi :-)

Faith
A pastry chef and a sniper

Postby Faith » Sun Jun 20, 2010 1:24 am

Pixar movies seem to always make me cry. I really want to see it.

Return to “Off topic rambles”