WTFIUO 1 Year Anniversary!!! :-) 5th July 2010

A little cosy corner for our uke players to gather. Be you potential, beginner, intermediate or world expert on uke playing, this is the place for you.

Please note this forum has now been closed and posts can no longer be made to it.
nonchalant obsession
WTF!'s Biggest Blasphemer. Apparently.

Re: WTFIUO 1 Year Anniversary!!! :-) 5th July 2010

Postby nonchalant obsession » Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:38 pm

Kipples! I love playing Blue Smoke. :heart: Good choice and you played it lovely. Sherry, Oh get a uke! :nod: Join the band! :D That dude's video was tight. I would love to learn more picking and such.

I loved hearing your voice, Faith. I wish I would have talked more in my video, but I guess you can listen to the Melkweg sound check if you really want to make fun of my 'accent'.

Biscuit, your message was so touching and your song fantastic. :hug: You look very relaxed and breezy with your red uke and straw hat. (how many ukes do you own now? :lol: )

Anyways....here's mine. Only the fourth take after a long day, so not too bad. :oops: Eeek the videos are so embarrassing, but gawd I love to play. Love it. :heart:

Image..Image..Image

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:42 pm

Happy 1 Year Anniversary to the WTFIUO!! :rock: :dance: :party: :adoration: :cheer: :whitey:

If I do a vid it'll be tomorrow or the next....Tom's home and he'd just walk in and throw me off, lol. Plus my hair's all icky from the pool.

I loved watching all your vids- especially just hearing you talk. :) :hug:

biscuit, thank you for starting this~ the now not-so-imaginary orchestra. Didn't we talk of changing it to International at one point? :) It's due to you, nonch, and Kelly's early excitement and uke-prowess that I took it up and while I have a long way to go...I just love it so and it makes me happy to play. :whitey:

So thanks!! Looking forward to the day that we all really do get together and play! :rock:
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

Venus
She did indeed have the time of her life

Postby Venus » Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:48 pm

Aww, I have to go now but I can't wait to watch all the videos when I'm back home! 8)
For the latest Bret & Jemaine related news updates:
'Like' What The Folk! on Facebook
&
Follow What The Folk! on Twitter

biscuit
Give me some scruff and a leather jacket...or just the scruff

Postby biscuit » Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:14 am

Oh man, Nonch, that was AWE-and-then-SOME!!! :cheer: :clap: :rock:

You rock! I'm serious!! You need to record more often :eyelashes: Kudos on the choice of song too :D Very fitting I think :nod:

(I only own 2 ukes; McKenzie (red Mahalo) and Sione (Kala))

Laura: Yeah, we could be International but isn't Imaginary more unique and confusing? :lol: "It doesn't make any sense. It's awesome!" 8)
Thanks to Ariadne at RAC for my gorgeous new avi :-)

nonchalant obsession

Postby nonchalant obsession » Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:56 am

Thanks, biscuit. I think I've made at least some progress in a year. :adoration: :wink: I thought you had a shiny black uke too, but maybe that was your 'sons' uke. :eyebrow:

LauraK wrote:biscuit, thank you for starting this~ the now not-so-imaginary orchestra. ...It's due to you, nonch, and Kelly's early excitement and uke-prowess that I took it up and while I have a long way to go...I just love it so and it makes me happy to play. :whitey:

:hug: Pimping the uke is one our favorite pastimes. One you are quite adept at yourself, girlfriend. 8)

LauraK wrote:So thanks!! Looking forward to the day that we all really do get together and play! :rock:

Hopefully someday SOON! Who knows maybe someday the Conchords will announce a gig or two in New Zealand and give us all extra motivation to get over there? We could catch a performance of the WIUO, or attend a workshop even...explore the country and have an EPIC band meeting! :nod: :pray: Oh, and The Black Seeds and TPF too! :shock: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray:
Image..Image..Image

kipples
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby kipples » Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:20 am

nonchalant obsession wrote:
LauraK wrote:So thanks!! Looking forward to the day that we all really do get together and play! :rock:

Hopefully someday SOON! Who knows maybe someday the Conchords will announce a gig or two in New Zealand and give us all extra motivation to get over there? We could catch a performance of the WIUO, or attend a workshop even...explore the country and have an EPIC band meeting! :nod: :pray: Oh, and The Black Seeds and TPF too! :shock: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray:

Yes to all of that! A thousand times yes!

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Tue Jul 06, 2010 3:00 am

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh.....to go to NZ and see all of them?! :thud: I'd die of the happy. :whitey:
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

SuzyBatt
Lucky for me I have a short attention sp ....

Postby SuzyBatt » Tue Jul 06, 2010 3:27 am

Happy Anniversary WTFIUO!!!!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Wow, what a talented bunch you all are! I, on the other hand, can neither sing nor play very well. But I'm still keeping on, and I love my uke very much. In fact, right after I write this I will finally order up those Aquila strings I should have ordered 6 months ago. :oops: Hopefully I can stay with the band.

I haven't got a web cam so I can't even record a regular old spoken message. But as Kipples said, this is an Imaginary Orchestra right? So you'll just have to imagine me playing 'Walking After Midnight' which is pretty much the only song I learned to play relatively well. And as for accents, well, I'm Canadian, I haven't got one! ;) (Even Red said so! :) )

Oh, and by the way Kipples, that was me who said we'd have to meet up in NZ in 5 years. I've got MY fund started. Have you??

:rock: :sing: "I got out walkin', after midnight, under the moonlight, just like we used to do..."

Faith
A pastry chef and a sniper

Postby Faith » Tue Jul 06, 2010 3:28 am

Even if it wasn't Conchords or WIUO related, I'd go just to hang out with everyone and explore the country again. I love it there. :heart: It would be the most epic meetup ever!

AdminBot

Postby AdminBot » Tue Jul 06, 2010 4:16 am

Congratulations, human musicians on observing an annual milestone of your impromptu orchestra! I personally prefer electronic music myself, but it is impressive to observe your capacity for perserverance!

SecretCheri
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby SecretCheri » Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:27 am

:rock: Happy 1 Year Anniversary, WTFIUO members! :rock:

Here's my video contribution to the celebration. It's a cover of "I'll be There For You" by The Rembrandts (the theme song from the TV show Friends).
(Note: Sorry, it may be difficult to hear...it was kind of late at night and I didn't want to wake my roommates)

So glad to be a part of this lovely group! Keep up the awesome playing, ladies :cheer:

kipples
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby kipples » Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:46 pm

Nice one secretcheri :thumb: :rock: That song is now on my list of ones to learn.

Suzy, I don't have my NZ fund started yet but I'll transfer any money I have left over from my Edinburgh fund into it! But I also have to start an Austin fund as well :D

Faith
A pastry chef and a sniper

Postby Faith » Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:13 pm

Yes kipples, come to Austin. :D

nonchalant obsession

Postby nonchalant obsession » Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:30 pm

Wonderful, SecretCheri! :biggrin: I loved it, and seeing you play it! :heart: I don't know how you manage playing softly...I want to play my uke like this...

:heart: :prayer: :heart: :prayer: :heart: :prayer: :heart:

AdminBot! You can join the band too.

Why did the robot play the ukulele?
To blend in with the general human population, making it easier to infiltrate society and—in time—conquer it.

Suzy, FunnyS: I hope you'll record something. I just used my camera on the video setting and it worked just fine...no fancy webcam needed. And I discovered the ability to set the video to unlisted so it won't show up in a search, but I'm still able to share it with my friends. Any other excuses? :lol:

I can't wait for LauraK and Venus to give us some anniversary video action! :rock:

:stick: Kellysouthpaw! Your double dog dare to biscuit is what got this ball rollling, no? :D

YES I'm going to call each member of the orchestra out. :nod: mock, nancy, zebra, steph, 4ever, Amanda, Sparky, rachel, canattack...

Helgecko! :stick:

Did I miss anybody? :hrm: Lurkers....get a uke...join us. :nod:
Image..Image..Image

ZebraWarriorPrincess
Posing like a swan

Postby ZebraWarriorPrincess » Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:34 pm

Happy Anniversary!

having really crap time with breakup, so not been around much...hopefully see you all soon!

Nina XXX :D
It's a psychological analogy

Return to “Uke players corner”