Fine Art Photo Print of Bret and Jemaine

Conchords news, chit chat, waffle and conversation. Also convo about Bret and Jemaine in Conchords mode
Great H
Stop touching the monkeys

Re: Hi!

Postby Great H » Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:34 pm

Wow Matty I'm impressed with your photoshopping! I use photoshop constantly for work myself so I'm pretty good at spotting when something's been played with, but it didn't even occur to me looking at your pic! (To be fair, I was distracted by the gorgeous lighting and, um, subject matter!) Really nice work.

The Mary Poppins idea is totally appropriate for anyone living in Wellington - I remember being practically lifted off my feet by my umbrella on a number of (windy!) occasions walking down the hill from Victoria University to town when I lived there! Oh do I miss Welly so...

And I totally LOVE that the chihuahua is called Nui. :roll2:
(For non-kiwis, 'nui' is a suffix that means 'big', in Maori)

nonchalant obsession wrote:Your listing is clever. This, "Endorsed by the band, Bret: '...Cool Idea', Jemaine: 'I replied to your email via Bret.'" Is it is for real?
It made me giggle. Soooo you have Bret's email addy? I would love to drop him a note of appreciation. (You can pm it to me, we wouldn't want it to fall into the wrong hands.)
Nonch you made me laugh out loud at that one - my boss just turned and looked at me funny. I think she suspects I'm not doing much work here! :lol:

Thanks for introducing yourself Matty - your work is FAB - hope to see more of it, and that you sell HEAPS!
:D

Matty
New arrival

Postby Matty » Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:08 pm

Hi Folkers!

Glad youse thought the shot was a single image, it was definitely my intention to make it look like it was all done in one shot, nothing worse than bad photoshopping to screw up a pic!

Kipples: Ha! The shoot wasn't that incestuous! But I have worked with the Phoenix boys this year and Duncan is a good mate!

Nonch: Just a reminder the paper stock is A2 or 16.5x23.25, the actual print size is 10.25x16.5 inches, this gives the print a nice chunky white border. The quotes on the Etsy listing are real, I wanted to get the boys go ahead on the project before I got things underway. I heard back from Bret in good time and he said 'cool idea', didn't hear anything from Jim till I saw him on the street, I asked him if he'd got my email and that was his response, plus he said something like 'go for it'. A man of few words is Jemaine! His t-shirt in the hip-hop pic says "Nothing From Nothing Leaves Nothing". I'm afraid I'm not totally comfy passing Brets email along, I had to go through a couple friends to get it. I'll have a look through all the shots and see if there's anything worth posting!

Nancy: I won't be offering the image at a smaller dimension at this stage, but as I just mentioned the print does have a chunky white border on it, which you'd be welcome to trim down, if that made the pic more wall friendly!

Have a choice day/night peeps!

M@tty

Venus
She did indeed have the time of her life

Postby Venus » Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:20 pm

Thanks so much for the info on that photoshoot, Matty! I agree with what others have said about the background and I love the fact that it's a dynamic shot which are hard to capture and usually don't come out right but you got it spot on. :thumb:

Haha, good to know the chihuahua belongs to Loren! :D

Matthttp://www.whatthefolk.net/forum/posting.php?mode=edit&f=4&p=153120#y wrote:The quotes on the Etsy listing are real, I wanted to get the boys go ahead on the project before I got things underway. I heard back from Bret in good time and he said 'cool idea', didn't hear anything from Jim till I saw him on the street, I asked him if he'd got my email and that was his response, plus he said something like 'go for it'. A man of few words is Jemaine!

Haha, cool. 8)

His t-shirt in the hip-hop pic says "Nothing From Nothing Leaves Nothing".

Ah right, I was wondering what his t-shirt said too, thanks!

I'll have a look through all the shots and see if there's anything worth posting!

Ooh, we're an easy bunch to please so we'd love to see whatever else you have! :D
For the latest Bret & Jemaine related news updates:
'Like' What The Folk! on Facebook
&
Follow What The Folk! on Twitter

kipples
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby kipples » Fri Oct 01, 2010 1:47 am

I've decided, can't afford it, shmant afford it! If it's still available in a couple of weeks I'm going to buy it as a "coming off the dole" gift to myself :D

Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby Nancy » Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:27 am

Thanks for all your answers, Matty. I would think you won't have any trouble selling them.
I'll still have to figure out if I can fit it on my wall that has no room, :? but we'll see.
Oh, fish-like Lady
Lady-like Fish
I don't think so Bro, she's a Lady, Lady, Lady, Lady
No, no, she's a fish that's just a little bit
La-dy-ish! Yeah!

mockingbird
Thinks it's hot the way he looks left a lot

Postby mockingbird » Fri Oct 01, 2010 4:47 am

Matty wrote:His t-shirt in the hip-hop pic says "Nothing From Nothing Leaves Nothing".

Really! I never would have gotten that. "You gotta have somethin'... if you wanna be with me." :lol:

I'm afraid I'm not totally comfy passing Brets email along, I had to go through a couple friends to get it.

Nonch - :lol: Nice try though. ;) Matty - I'm sure she'd be happy if you hooked her up with those friends. :lol:

I'll have a look through all the shots and see if there's anything worth posting!

Oh please do. :nod: :thumb:

Matty
New arrival

Postby Matty » Fri Oct 01, 2010 4:50 am

Hi Nancy and Kipples!

Great stuff, it's always nice to treat yourself, think of it as early xmas pressie!

Have a great weekend!

M@tty

nonchalant obsession
WTF!'s Biggest Blasphemer. Apparently.

Postby nonchalant obsession » Sat Oct 02, 2010 2:12 pm

Matty wrote:Hi Folkers!

I just love Kiwi's.

Matty wrote:Nonch: Just a reminder the paper stock is A2 or 16.5x23.25, the actual print size is 10.25x16.5 inches, this gives the print a nice chunky white border.

Ah yes, I see that. Thanks! Still....."Oooo Conchords, you're so big!" :nod: I can't wait to get a close look at it. It looks like the eyes will be amazing. The colors are muted a bit? You were outdoors for the shoot, did Mutha Nature cooperate with a strong breeze or did you need a wind machine to blow their hair/scarf/tie? When was the photo taken? (date) You took this one and the Hip Hop pics the same day...was there a special project or article in the works? Was it ever published or used?

Matty wrote:The quotes on the Etsy listing are real, I wanted to get the boys go ahead on the project before I got things underway. I heard back from Bret in good time and he said 'cool idea', didn't hear anything from Jim till I saw him on the street, I asked him if he'd got my email and that was his response, plus he said something like 'go for it'. A man of few words is Jemaine!

That was cool of you to seek their blessing and cool of them to give it. 8) I'm glad you bumped into Jemaine.

Matty wrote:His t-shirt in the hip-hop pic says "Nothing From Nothing Leaves Nothing". I'm afraid I'm not totally comfy passing Brets email along, I had to go through a couple friends to get it.

The quote...Grazie! Did the guys provide the wardrobe themselves for that shoot? :roll2: And no worries about the email. It was worth a shot. :dunno: :wink: And if you ever get cheesed off at your friends....I'll leave you out of it.

Matty wrote: I'll have a look through all the shots and see if there's anything worth posting!

Really, thanks for taking the time! It would be truly amazing to see a few. I hope you decide to drop some on us.
Image..Image..Image

Matty
New arrival

Postby Matty » Sun Oct 03, 2010 3:40 am

Hi Nonch,

I took the shot in Feb 08, during the drawn out Hollywood writers strike which kept them in Wellington. After first asking them about in early December, it took a good three months to get them together in the same room to suss out what we might do and when we might do it! The boys pretty much did the shot as favour to me and in return that they could use it as a publicity image, in the end though I don't know if it really got any use in the media.

I think on the day it was pretty windy. I had my friend Michele doing hair and make up (don't think she really did any make up though) so she gave the boys the wind swept look and Jemaine got my scarf and shaped it round a coathanger, which was really effective in giving the scarf a nice wind blown look.

In the Hip-Hop shot I took the guys to a local boutique called Good As Gold and they kindly let us borrow what ever we wanted, so we got the outfits and accessories there.

I'll have a look at the other pix in the next couple of days and post a few bits and bobs!

Cheery!

M@

mockingbird
Thinks it's hot the way he looks left a lot

Postby mockingbird » Sun Oct 03, 2010 4:27 am

Matty wrote:Jemaine got my scarf and shaped it round a coathanger, which was really effective in giving the scarf a nice wind blown look.

...and thus, the Rock God Scarf was born. :prayer: :lol:

nonchalant obsession

Postby nonchalant obsession » Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:15 pm

mockingbird wrote:
Matty wrote:Jemaine got my scarf and shaped it round a coathanger, which was really effective in giving the scarf a nice wind blown look.

...and thus, the Rock God Scarf was born. :prayer: :lol:

:supz: :supz: :supz: YES!!!

This bit of info was truly delightful! I will :biggrin: everytime I see the scarf in my new photograph. :heart:

Jemaine came up with this idea.... :love:

Is that the bit where he was playing with his...um...instrument? :worry:
Image..Image..Image

nonchalant obsession

Postby nonchalant obsession » Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:22 pm

Matty wrote:Hi Nonch,

Hi Matty, :wave: :lol:

Thanks for the info and the little details! It makes the photograph even more special if that's possible.

Matty wrote:I'll have a look at the other pix in the next couple of days and post a few bits and bobs!

Chawesome. Thanks. :thumb: I'm sure everyone is really looking forward to it.
Image..Image..Image

nonchalant obsession

Re: Fine Art Photo Print of Bret and Jemaine

Postby nonchalant obsession » Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:34 pm

Oh! My print...allow me to gush. :blush: The colors are amazing. The detail! It is even more beautiful than the photograph. :heart: It is at the framers, I'll post a pic as soon as I get it back.

You can almost hear the calming breeze blowing across Wellington harbour. 8) I just know it will bring me much zen.
Image..Image..Image

4everconchordsfan
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby 4everconchordsfan » Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:51 pm

Nonch, when will the Flight of the Conchords museum/gallery wing of your home open to the public? Will there be a family & friends discount? :lol: I am so jealous! I'm also so happy for you. Can't wait to see it all framed up & gorgeous.

I know that you have the most extensive collection of all things FOTC. :prayer: So here's an idea for ya, open a tribute to the guys just like in the figwit docu and you never know the visitor's it may bring! hint hint nudge nudge. You have enough great items to add a black seeds and wellington international ukulele hall too. Biscuit can curate. You can quit your day job. FOTC fans will come from far & wide.

Was just kidding but wouldn't put it past ya. :halo: :roll2: :nod: :rolls: I'd be ok with it. :nod: :rolls:
"they're my celebrities, they're what I care about"

nonchalant obsession

Postby nonchalant obsession » Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:59 pm

:lol: Next time any of you are in Iowa....feel free to stop by. No charge. :P

4everconchordsfan wrote: I'm so happy for you. Can't wait to see it all framed up & gorgeous.

I'm quite excited to see how it will turn out. The framer had some suggestions for matting it that I went along with...so hopefully it was wise to take her advice. I went with a black frame to match my home office. I really considered taking it to my other office...I would love to have some Conchordia at work that wouldn't raise eyebrows. (The two tour posters I own have underwear on them. Fun, but not very professional. :lol: ) So alas there is no evidence of my nonchalant obsession there.

I spend more time in the home office...so the home office wins the Matt Grace print!
Image..Image..Image

Return to “Flight of The Conchords”