Chat Show Confidential

Everything else you can poke a stick at. And then some.
SheWolf
Boom King!

Re: Chat Show Confidential

Postby SheWolf » Sat Jan 30, 2010 4:01 pm

LauraK wrote:A bit out-of-synch but funny! I wish I knew the song he's talking about....

:roll2: :roll2: I love this! I've really got to start watching his show.
90% evil
ImageImage

Faith
A pastry chef and a sniper

Postby Faith » Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:45 pm

closet jemainiac wrote:After Ewan, James McAvoy is my fav guest on Craig's show

[youtube] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3T388GQ ... re=related [/youtube]

Here they are discussing the "Scottich Vacuum of Charm" :lol:

I love when anyone Scottish comes on his show. There's a Gerard Butler interview with him that's really funny too.

closet jemainiac

Postby closet jemainiac » Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:46 pm

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:06 am

Do you have the password??
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby Nancy » Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:41 am

Bumping this up. I haven't had a chance to post that Andy Richter was a special co-host with Kelly Ripa on Regis And Kelly last week. It was his first TV appearance since Conan's last show, and what he had to say was very interesting. Kelly asked him if he still harbored feelings of resentment toward NBC, and he simply said, "Yeah, I do." (He's still under contract to them, by the way) He said, "We were promised something, and they broke their promise. We all moved our families to LA, and they took our jobs away. People who relocated were left in LA with no jobs."

Naw, he's not mad...much. :roll:
Oh, fish-like Lady
Lady-like Fish
I don't think so Bro, she's a Lady, Lady, Lady, Lady
No, no, she's a fish that's just a little bit
La-dy-ish! Yeah!

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Sat Mar 20, 2010 2:07 am

I saw that on YT......go Andy!

I have not turned on Jay once since he took it back over. :hrmpf:

I'm glad Conan's touring...and what a great name for it: "The Legally Prohibited From Being Funny on Television Tour," Lol!

Conan O'Brien To Make Documentary About His Live Tour
Posted 3/17/10 11:00 am ET by Christopher Campbell in News

Conan O'Brien may not get to host "The Tonight Show" anymore, but he could instead star in his own film. According to Deadline, a documentary crew is likely to follow the talk show vet during “The Legally Prohibited From Being Funny on Television Tour," his 30-city live stage show that kicks off in Eugene, OR on April 12.

Appropriately enough for today, "Leprechaun 2" director Rodman Flender is in talks to make the documentary, which is also trying to secure financing. As long as the film doesn't air on television right away, it won't violate O'Brien's terms with NBC which prohibit him from appearing on the small screen until the fall.

Such a quick turnaround (the tour ends June 14) would be difficult anyway, unless this is to be just a filming of the theatrical production to be shown on HBO (or wherever) for those fans who can't make it to one of the live events (a la Will Ferrell's one-man-show "You're Welcome, America. A Final Night With George W. Bush," which aired on HBO once its Broadway run ended).

However, the report specifies this is to be a documentary feature, probably to be distributed to cinemas, which implies we'll get a whole behind-the-scenes look at the tour, hopefully with lots of Coco's signature Elvis impersonations, and maybe some background into its cause.

A few days ago, TMZ revealed that "The Legally Prohibited From Being Funny on Television Tour" is not just something for the clearly bored Twitter sensation to embark on while he negotiates a future with Fox or some other network. He's doing the show in order to employ 40 of his "Tonight Show" staff members who were laid off when he was canned by NBC.

Plus, O'Brien will not earn a dime from the tour so that all proceeds can go to these devoted crew members, who uprooted themselves from NYC (where they worked with the host on "Late Night") and moved to Los Angeles (home of "Tonight") only to be let go after six months.
Perhaps some of them can also participate in the making of this documentary and reap some of its gross as well. What I wonder now is if profit from the film will be applied in the same way as the tour revenue?

You can find tour dates on TeamCoco.com. And/or hope that this film idea does indeed happen.

Have you gotten your tickets to the Coco show yet? Will you go see this documentary on the big screen when or if it's released theatrically?

SOURCE
ImageImage

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Sat Mar 20, 2010 2:20 am

Aww! Laura that's so amazing. Conan's such a good guy :hug: I wish he was coming to Detroit or Grand Rapids. Anywhere closer than Chicago. I love Chicago but it's a 6 hr drive one way and when I'm going to be in college 4 days a week during the summer (and very possibly quitting my job in the next month), I just won't be able to afford it if it's in Chicago. At least in Detroit I can stay with my grandma, or in Grand Rapids stay with my sister...

Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby Nancy » Sat Mar 20, 2010 6:19 am

I tried for Conan tickets at Radio City, NYC and Boston, all sold out quickly. :(
A film sounds great.

By the way, I got my daughter Amy a Team Coco tee shirt designed by our very own Stray, and she was delighted, saying she was definitely on Team Coco.

Laura, I haven't seen Jay since he came back on. I make it a point to wait right until 11:34 and turn from NBC to Family Guy on Fox. And it's important that I do so. :whistle:
PM me.
Oh, fish-like Lady

Lady-like Fish

La-dy-ish! Yeah!

mohumbhai mania
Can Attack!

Postby mohumbhai mania » Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:32 pm

WOW. NBC prevented Coco from showing up on an American Idol charity episode. It's on.
Too much time on too many hands - too many ladies, not enough mans

I am bike-cheese!

Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby Nancy » Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:33 am

Keeping Coco off the air until Sept is pure poop on NBC's part. The wisest thing they could have done would have been to have Conan as Jay's first guest, then they could have diffused the rivalry and bad feelings. Now it's a full out war, and really, no one wins.
Oh, fish-like Lady

Lady-like Fish

La-dy-ish! Yeah!

Carol
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby Carol » Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:21 am

I am refusing to watch Jay, too.

I did see the interview with him a few weeks back and he tried to say that he was simply doing what NBC told him to do. What-ever! I don't care.

I will not watch it.

I'm moving to Dave and sticking with my all-time fav, Craig!!

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:22 pm

And for NBC to block Conan from a charity show?? Idiots. That's only going to make them look worse.....but I'm sure it'll give him a bit more material for his live show. :D

http://www.movieline.com/2010/03/cold-h ... harity.php
ImageImage

Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby Nancy » Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:44 am

Bumping this one up since Conan has finished his first week on Basic Cable! :yay:

So glad he's back on the air. :whitey:

And vmh went to the 11/11 show, I think. I'd love to hear how it was, being there in person. How about it, V? Give us the dish. :D
Oh, fish-like Lady

Lady-like Fish

La-dy-ish! Yeah!

vmh
Crying tears of a rapper

Postby vmh » Sat Nov 13, 2010 3:06 pm

Nancy wrote:And vmh went to the 11/11 show, I think. I'd love to hear how it was, being there in person. How about it, V? Give us the dish. :D

Certainly! I've been in the audience of The Tonight Show with Conan before but it was exciting getting to see him at his new show during the first week. Everyone really wants him to succeed.

We showed up to Warner Brothers around 1 PM so we could get a good spot. My group was given #40. We were told that we could leave but we needed to be back by 3 PM. They start lining people up to go inside the studios at that time. That whole process takes about an hour. They start the show promptly at 4:30 PM. The whole walk through WB is almost like a mini tour only the staff members aren't sharing their wealth of knowledge. We passed by The Big Bang Theory studio parking lot but Jim Parsons was nowhere in sight. :(

Before the show, The Basic Cable Band played two songs that really revved up the crowd. They got the audience involved and a few band members started running into our section and gave people high fives while they were playing. People were getting up out of their seats to dance. When the show actually started, everyone got up out of their seats again to welcome Conan.

The guests for 11/11: Michael Cera, Julie Bowen, and comedian Jon Dore. Highlights: Andy's shirt/greenscreen mess. :lol: The hoarder lady. Michael Cera's cab chasing story. I would have loved to see him running down Figueroa. Onlookers probably assumed they were filming a movie scene. Off camera, Julie Bowen was all over Michael Cera! :what: Okay, not really but I did catch her caressing his face as she continued to show off her legs. During the breaks, Conan usually chats with the producers and crew or he dances around the set. It was cute. I hope people keep tuning in to keep those ratings high.
James Bobin: “It’s like a five-year-old and a three-year-old. Jemaine’s the five-year-old, and Bret’s the three-year-old. They’re both wrong, but the five-year-old thinks he’s right.”

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Sun Nov 14, 2010 3:35 am

Oh my lord....I thought I'd pee my pants when they rolled out the Hoarder lady! :rolls: I just could not stop laughing, and then they'd show her again, and then poor Conan who couldn't keep a straight face... :lol:
I'm sure Bruce Jenner was bummed that she got the most attention! ;)

I wish I'd known to look for you in the audience. Were you able to find yourself when you watched it?

I hope the ratings stay up. :pray:
ImageImage

Return to “Off topic rambles”