Jemaine Spotting

AKA as HipHopapotamus, half of the Humourbeasts, Action Fighter, Dr Chevalier and Jarrod in Eagle vs Shark! Nuff said. You can write the rest!
nonchalant obsession
WTF!'s Biggest Blasphemer. Apparently.

Re: Jemaine Spotting

Postby nonchalant obsession » Sun Dec 05, 2010 4:43 pm

:o
Image..Image..Image

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:47 pm

Yeah, right?
90% evil
ImageImage

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:20 pm

Holy crap! Did you read the menu?! A bit pricey but the food sounds divine! I can see why he eats there...

Alcoholic drinks on the breakfast menu- a first for me. :) "Pick-me-ups," heh...
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:29 pm

The prices were kind of in line with some things I saw in NYC but there are certainly alternate/cheaper ways to go. The place looks homey & nice though. I'd like to check it out.

FWIW, the places J's been spotted lately- Icebreakers, the corner shot of him & Taika and now this restaurant are in very close proximity to each other.
90% evil
ImageImage

mockingbird
Thinks it's hot the way he looks left a lot

Postby mockingbird » Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:09 am

Did they seriously want $7.50 for half a grapefruit?? :o Maybe it's served on a bed of scrambled eggs and hash browns, lol.

Lucky New Yorkers... OK you may have to pay $15 for an entire grapefruit but at least you can gaze at Jemaine while you eat it. But not for too long, it makes him uncomfortable. ;) :lol:

MinorMajorStalker
Half a shapely halibut

Postby MinorMajorStalker » Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:48 am

mockingbird wrote:Lucky New Yorkers... OK you may have to pay $15 for an entire grapefruit but at least you can gaze at Jemaine while you eat it. But not for too long, it makes him uncomfortable. ;) :lol:

That's why you become one of those people who wears sunglasses indoors. 8)
Welcome to my patio of death.

mockingbird

Postby mockingbird » Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:01 am

:nod: Or you start carrying a periscope.

MinorMajorStalker
Half a shapely halibut

Postby MinorMajorStalker » Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:53 am

Or sit with your back to him and wear those little-kid spy glasses with mirrors on the side so you can see what's going on behind you.
Welcome to my patio of death.

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:23 pm

mockingbird wrote:Did they seriously want $7.50 for half a grapefruit??
It's an organically engineered grapefruit that predicts your future and also serves as a slot machine.

My entire breakfast at Pax cost less than that (OJ & egg and cheese sandwich.) I didn't see Jemaine while I was eating it though so I guess it doesn't pay to be cheap.

I would be a terrible "celebrity." I'd be paranoid that everywhere I went people would know me and want to talk to me or take photos with me. And then if someone is looking at you you've gotta wonder if they are just doing it randomly or because they recognize you and are about to announce it to the whole place.
90% evil
ImageImage

mockingbird

Postby mockingbird » Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:01 pm

SheWolf wrote:It's an organically engineered grapefruit that predicts your future and also serves as a slot machine.

:lol: Well OK I guess it's worth it then... if the slots paid off it would help offset the cost of the breakfast.

I would also be a terrible celebrity. I am always impressed by how gracious the guys are with people coming up to them on the street and stuff. I would hate that. HATE IT. I don't even like seeing people I know at the grocery store half the time, I hate having to make polite chit chat and usually I just want to grab my milk and get the hell out of there, lol.

Deirdre
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby Deirdre » Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:38 pm

Me too. I'd hate it. Poor guys. :(

Venus
She did indeed have the time of her life

Postby Venus » Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:58 pm

"Best 2K I Ever Spent" The Hip Set Comes Out For The Kills At Don Hill's
By Mara Siegler | Mar 15, 2011 10:05 am | Nightlife

Fresh off their performance at the Mondrian Soho, The DeLeon Rock Lounge & Nur Khan Sessions brought The Kills to Don Hill's. Alison Mosshart and Jamie Hince took the stage around midnight this Saturday to play a packed house of A-list scenesters. DeLeon tequila flowed as the crowd danced, stood on banquettes, smoked, and had a generally raucous time. It may not be Fashion Week but it certainly felt like it.

Which could be a good sign. While the space opened last September during Fashion Week and quickly marked itself as the place to be with an epic line-up The Dead Weather, Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, Iggy Pop and the Stooges, Hole/Courtney Love, and Crystal Castles, things quieted down after the models and designers fled town.

This February during Fashion Week there was a notable lack of major events happening at the spot. When we asked Nur Khan about the situation he told us, "Don Hill's isn't all about Fashion Week. When the major acts are in town, I'll try and have them play before we go into nightclub mode/dance party vibe."

At the time we were skeptical. The space has bands regularly but normally not the sort of headliner names that bring out the cool kids en mass. The Kills show could mark a change we hope continues year round.

Just a few of the names in the house to this invite only secret show were: Nick Zinner, Barney Clay, Nur Khan, Brent Hocking, Debbie Harry, Coco Rocha, Byrdie Bell, Alexandra Richards, Nick Cohen, Waris Ahluwalia, Derek Blasberg, Lissie Trullie, Alexandra Richards, and oddly Jemaine Clement from Flight of the Conchords.

[Images Via BillyFarrellAgency]

Source

lol at "oddly" :lol:

If you click on the source link you'll see a few pics from the event and if you go to Billy Farell Agency's site, there are many more photos. Any sign of Jemaine?
For the latest Bret & Jemaine related news updates:
'Like' What The Folk! on Facebook
&
Follow What The Folk! on Twitter

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:32 pm

Looks like one of those places that tries to be downtown grunge/chic despite the fact that genuine places like crapped out years ago.

Aw the J Dog must have been dog tired by the time we ran into him Sunday.
90% evil
ImageImage

nonchalant obsession
WTF!'s Biggest Blasphemer. Apparently.

Postby nonchalant obsession » Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:26 am

Taika?

I didn't see Jemaine tho. :dunno: That was not an easy hunt...there were quite a few beards at that bash. :lol:

Woot! Tequila, The Kills and a stripper pole!!! Jemaine, take me with you next time! :D I saw Alison Mosshart perform with The Dead Weather last spring. It rocked. I got some great pics of her. :heart:

Tequila really dehydrates. Water bottle anyone? :wink:
Last edited by nonchalant obsession on Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image..Image..Image

vmh
Crying tears of a rapper

Postby vmh » Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:33 am

That has to be Taika. I can't imagine any other man who would wear a neon green baseball cap (and backwards too!) to a party.

Hey, does he have something in his fist or is he doing the trademark "hide your thumb" thing that Jemaine does?
James Bobin: “It’s like a five-year-old and a three-year-old. Jemaine’s the five-year-old, and Bret’s the three-year-old. They’re both wrong, but the five-year-old thinks he’s right.”

Return to “Jemaine Clement”