2011 Oscars

Everything else you can poke a stick at. And then some.
vmh
Crying tears of a rapper

Re: 2011 Oscars

Postby vmh » Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:09 am

Hmmm...I watched the red carpet stream from that link but it ended. Is there another site that will let you actually watch the awards show?
James Bobin: “It’s like a five-year-old and a three-year-old. Jemaine’s the five-year-old, and Bret’s the three-year-old. They’re both wrong, but the five-year-old thinks he’s right.”

vmh
Crying tears of a rapper

Postby vmh » Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:05 am

Nevermind. Found it: http://watch-oscar-online.com/
James Bobin: “It’s like a five-year-old and a three-year-old. Jemaine’s the five-year-old, and Bret’s the three-year-old. They’re both wrong, but the five-year-old thinks he’s right.”

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:13 pm

Man what a load of wank that was.

Wanna talk fashion?
90% evil
ImageImage

nonchalant obsession
WTF!'s Biggest Blasphemer. Apparently.

Postby nonchalant obsession » Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:18 pm

I missed the whole thing. :x Tell me everything. :popcorn:

I did see a photo of Gwyneth's dress. LOVED IT! :drool:
Image..Image..Image

eejm
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby eejm » Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:51 pm

The worst dress I saw was on Cate Blanchett. She looked like a pilgrim that had a pie thrown at her.

Melissa Leo sort of looked a doily attacked her and won, but I still think Blanchett's dress was far worse.

Halle Berry's dress was fine, but the funny train of tulle at the bottom wasn't needed.

Helena Bonham-Carter looked a little strange, of course, but she always does.

Otherwise, I thought there was a lot of good. I liked Gwyneth Paltrow's dress, but I thought her hair and jewelry needed some oomph. Sandra Bullock, Jennifer Hudson, Natalie Portman, Amy Adams, and most of Anne Hathaway's dresses were lovely (a couple cut her very strangely in the bust, but were otherwise very pretty).

vmh
Crying tears of a rapper

Postby vmh » Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:01 pm

My favorite looks of the evening were:

Natalie Portman

Amy Adams

Cate Blanchett (RE: I actually really liked it. The colors on the back are beautiful.)

Michelle Williams
Last edited by vmh on Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:03 pm

I liked Cate Blanchet's dress except for the weird blank area that went across her chest. Halle Berry's dress was gorgeous but it seemed very samey to Hilary Swank's and someone else wore something similar if I'm not correctly mistaken and they are all kind of boring. I always think everyone's too safe and boring. I'd appreciate more originality but alas....

I think my faves are Scarlet Johansen & Jennifer Lawrence - how gorgeous is that girl? Natalie Portman looked nicer than she's looked lately and I guess Nicole Kidman did too even though her dress was a bit weird.

I thought Annette Benning looked like a wreck but that's nothing new. Reese W looked kooky & Gwyneth= puh-lease :hrmpf:

Michelle Williams looked nice but I just really dislike that haircut on her. Her face is too big for it or something.
90% evil
ImageImage

mockingbird
Thinks it's hot the way he looks left a lot

Postby mockingbird » Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:14 pm

Natalie Portman's dress is the most amazing maternity dress I've ever seen. Whenever I wore a dress while pregnant I always resembled a circus tent. She looks gorgeous, not at all like a circus tent, lol. I don't understand how she manages to walk in those heels either.

Cate Blanchett's dress would be nice except for that blank spot in the middle, like SW mentioned. She looks like a piece of silverware waiting to be monogrammed, lol.

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:29 pm

mockingbird wrote:Natalie Portman's dress is the most amazing maternity dress I've ever seen.
The color was so pretty too. I wasn't really wowed by her look at the last 2 awards so this was a pleasant suprise.
mockingbird wrote: She looks like a piece of silverware waiting to be monogrammed, lol.
Yeah, it's bizarre, and the sleeves are a bit odd but overall I give her points for doing something a little different. She often wears colors that you'd think would be death for someone with her coloring but she pulls it off.

I'm not loving the type of dress Amy Adams was wearing. It fit her and she looked great but round neck and sleeves just reads a bit flumpy for the red carpet I think, particularly for someone as youthful as her.

I didn't like anything about Jennifer Hudson's look (or her presenting, does she have a speech impediment or is it just me?) I don't care if orange is trendy I almost always think it's ugly & her boobs looked really weird.

Haley Steinfeld and Helen Mirren looked great.
90% evil
ImageImage

nonchalant obsession
WTF!'s Biggest Blasphemer. Apparently.

Postby nonchalant obsession » Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:34 pm

Why did Jennifer Lawrence wear a Baywatch bathing suit with a skirt?

I like Mila Kunis's gown but I didn't care for Reece Witherspoon's look at all. :dunno: Natalie looks fantastic, and I'm glad she won. :)
Last edited by nonchalant obsession on Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image..Image..Image

mockingbird
Thinks it's hot the way he looks left a lot

Postby mockingbird » Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:36 pm

Ha! I was going to say that about Jennifer Hudson's boobs too, they did look weird, like they were being squished or something. :lol:

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:39 pm

No one's mentioned the shoulders on Cate's dress- that's what I had the biggest problem with. They looked made out of cardboard. I don't know....the top of that dress looks like it belongs in a Chinese restaurant on a bottle of soy sauce.

Hailee Steinfeld couldn't have looked more perfect! I also loved Mila Kunis' dress, especially the color. She looked ethereal!
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:42 pm

I was so distracted by the boob part of Mila's dress when she was presenting that I didn't really get a good view of the whole thing until now. It's so pretty but I'd loose that sheer design over the breasts.

I hadn't thought of Baywatch - haha. I think you've got to be really beautiful to pull off such a simple look and she rocked it.

It's a shame Marisa Tomei never seems to get it right. She's so pretty from the neck up.

I will make allowances for the non fashionistas like Melissa Leo & Helena Bonham Carter. And with that in mind I think my least favorite look was Gwyneth. That hair was ugly 10 years ago when she started doing it and it boggles my mind that she, or anyone, still wears their hair that way.

Jennifer Hudson's boobs looked like squished pancakes - ick.
90% evil
ImageImage

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:46 pm

I respect Helena. She likes what she likes and she doesn't give 2 sh!ts whether the 'fashion police' approve. :)

You know who I thought looked absolutely stunning? Camilla Alvez. Wow!
ImageImage

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:49 pm

Baywatch- you must be talking about the skintight red dress....I thought that even though it was plain, she rocked it and made it look amazing simply because her body is so perfect. She probably wanted to be comfortable while still looking good. :)
ImageImage

Return to “Off topic rambles”